Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
Page 1 of 2
A motion simulator is nothing without peripherals. Here you will find ideas and solutions for simple to complex DIY peripherals.
Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 and V2 mods: https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/fanatec-clubsport-pedals-v1-and-v2-mods.14492/
DIY Pedals & Buttons Controller by @TOPMO3: https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/diy-pedals-buttons-controller.8867/page-7#post-182249
Load cell mod by @yellofella : https://www.xsimulator.net/communit...rake-pedal-short-tuto.6042/page-4#post-198408
What you need:
- A set of racing pedals. I'm covering my experience with the G27 pedals, so your mileage may vary if you use another product.
- vJoy Virtual Joystick Driver, available here. This is the virtual joystick we will use to setup the rudder axis in FSX.
- Universal Joystick Remapper (UJR), available here. This is the software we will use to combine the clutch axis and accelerator axis into one axis output.
- Have your rudder pedals plugged in. In the case of the G27/G25, this means you will need to have your racing wheel plugged in as well unfortunately, since the pedals don't have a USB connection of their own (there are adapters for this, but I don't have any experience with them). For me, I just have the wheel tucked away on the floor under my desk behind the pedals. Note: you do NOT need to have the wheel plugged into a power outlet for the pedals to work, you only need the USB plugged in.
- Install vJoy and UJR. Once vJoy is installed, you shouldn't need to touch it at all to set anything up. UJR is the only program we'll need to open.
- Open UJR. Near the top, vJoy Stick ID should be set to '1' and show as 'Connected' if vJoy was installed correctly.
- Look at the Virtual Axis column. In row 1 (the X axis), set Special Operations to 'Rests H'. This will make it so our clutch axis rests at the upper end of the X axis limit.
- Under Physical Stick ID, the number you choose correlates to different joystick devices that are plugged into your computer. This means you will need to do some guess & check to figure out which Physical Stick ID is assigned to your pedals. To do this, set Stick ID to '1' and Physical Axis to '1'. Start pressing all your pedals and see if the State bar moves. If it doesn't, set the Physical Axis to '2' and try again. If none of the axis numbers work, set Physical Stick ID to '2' and repeat the process. Eventually you'll figure out the correct device ID and axis number. Once you do, set it to your clutch axis.
- Make sure the State bar sits at the top of its limit, and moves LEFT when you press the clutch. If it doesn't, check the Invert box. Overall, this is what you should be seeing
- (aside from whatever you have your Stick ID/Axis set to).
- Now go to the Axes 2 page at the top of the program.
- In the X axis row, set Axis Merging to 'Merge'. This will average the input of our pedals.
- Repeat the setup for the Physical Stick ID and Physical Axis. The Stick ID should be the same as the first page, you'll just need to change the axis to whatever your accelerator pedal is.
- This time, make sure the State bar sits at the bottom of its limit, and moves RIGHT when you press the accelerator. If it doesn't, check the Invert box. This is what you should be seeing
- Our configuration of UJR is done! Now open FSX, but make sure UJR is still open. UJR will always need to be running for the axis merging to work unfortunately.
- In the Controls settings of FSX, go to the axes setup. FSX should recognize both your racing wheel and vJoy as new controllers.
- Delete all the default axes assignments for the racing wheel, as these will interfere with our use of the pedals.
- Delete all the default axes assignments for vJoy (if there are any). Then change the assignment for the rudder axis. Pressing either the clutch or the accelerator should be recognized as the 'X Axis'.
- That's it! Go do a test flight!
BlueHID wireless wheel button box by @Peacemaker105: https://www.xsimulator.net/communit...-using-mmos-and-aasd.14657/page-9#post-201418
A list of commercial products:
les combinaisons à retour de force (comme les gSeat) sont LA bonne façon de produire des effets de longue durée
une liste de produits du commerce :
Feedback from @noorbeast regarding poor quality control issues: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/dx-racer-compact-simulator.5866/page-10#post-74542
I like to prepare the board by adding a little of solid to the area first.
This is the cross reference keys I get from this particular keyboard, Note not all the keyboards are the same.
I separated the wiring by Sections, all keyboards are a mix of wires per example to get a lower case letter "a" is just one wire from section A and one wire from section B if you at max you will get in between 35 to 40 buttons if you need more you can mix three wires and you will get Upper case etc...
this is what I get from this keyboard, just remember that not all keyboards are the same!
This is the button box I build for the keyboard.
Those are the buttons I purchase from ebay.
Controlling a 220V Fan with Game Dash by @MarkusB: https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/controlling-a-220v-fan-with-game-dash.14792/
FlyPT fan control code by @pmvcda: https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/mover-wind-output-arduino-sketch.14425/
Simulated Wind using MonsterMoto and ArduinoUno Code + settings by @SilentChill: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/simulated-wind-using-monstermoto-and-arduinouno.6876/
Creating a SuperFan by @eXntrc: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/how-to-create-your-own-superfan.6156/
Suggested hardware by @eaorobbie: http://www.xsimulator.net/community...n-speed-from-dashboard.5869/page-2#post-76036
Original Arduino code for fan control by @eaorobbie, modified working code by @SilentChill: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/arduino-code-for-fan-speed-from-dashboard.5869/
Evolution, @Avenga76's updated powerful fans, with additional code, based on @SilentChill's original wind simulation: https://www.xsimulator.net/communit...ermoto-and-arduinouno.6876/page-4#post-111752
giant wind fan @Pit!
- Dedicated Direct Drive Wheel Thread Section: https://www.xsimulator.net/community/forums/direct-drive-wheels.175/
- $450 Mige Direct Drive Wheel using MMOS and AASD: https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/450-mige-direct-drive-wheel-using-mmos-and-aasd.14657/
- $450 Mige Direct Drive Wheel video tutorial: https://www.xsimulator.net/communit...-using-mmos-and-aasd.14657/page-7#post-199684
- Open source force feedback: https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/open-source-force-feed-back.13858/
- DD-Wheel with Hoverboard Motor: https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/dd-wheel-with-hoverboard-motor.13178/
- 3d printed Hoverboard motor wheel: https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/3d-printed-hoverboard-motor-wheel.14454/
- Universal Open FFBoard: https://www.xsimulator.net/communit...ervo-drive-and-motor.10319/page-5#post-192216
- DIY FFB Steering wheel (MMosFFB ): https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/diy-ffb-steering-wheel-mmosffb-in-progress.7769/
- Cousin of OSW (Open Sim Wheel): https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/cousin-of-osw-open-sim-wheel.10915/
- DIY Huracan GT3 Wheel replica: https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/diy-huracan-gt3-wheel-replica.12506/
- Simucube DIY thread: https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/simucube-diy-thread.9543/
- SimuCUBE install guide: https://granitedevices.com/wiki/SimuCUBE_install_guide
- Simucube/ioni MIGe servo: https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/open-sim-wheel-project-simucube-ioni-mige-servo.9210/
- OSW build: https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/yet-another-osw-build.9308/#post-122744
- OpenSimWheel by @bberger: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/diy-opensimwheel-net-selbermacher-servo-lenkrad.5699/
- OpenSimWheel Fanatec F1 wheel conversion: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/using-fanatec-formula-rim-on-opensimwheel.7642/
- Thrustmaster T500RS Motor Upgrade 65W to 85W by @Pit: http://www.xsimulator.net/community...tor-upgrade-65w-to-85w-success-01-23-16.7797/
- Custom F1 bluetooth wheel by @jays: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/diy-bluetooth-f1-racing-wheel.8312/
- Under Development (not yet fully functional) - Budget Stepper Motor Force Feedback DIY Wheel by @RufusDufus: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/son-of-opensimwheel-an-experiment.7422/
- Direct Drive FFB "RFR Wheel" by @RacingMat: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/rfr-steering-wheel-direct-drive-by-racingmat.6309/
Custom Bluetooth Rim using 3d parts by @scalhoun: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/custom-bluetooth-rim-using-3d-parts.7631/
DIY FFB Steering wheel (MMosFFB ) (In Progress) by @Alexey: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/diy-ffb-steering-wheel-mmosffb-in-progress.7769/
Solid wheel mount by @egoexpress : http://www.xsimulator.net/community...2-with-scn5-special-features.1463/#post-14149
Quick release wheel mounts: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/3d-printed-quick-release.6360/#post-76144
Modified G25 wheel by @mazak515: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/home-made-steering-wheel.6778/#post-76361
F1 t500 rs mod by @spyderwash: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/t500-rs-mod-add-on-f1.6838/
T500RS custom GT wheel mod + Optional parts by @f1simgames : http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/t500rs-custom-gt-wheel-mod-optional-parts.7556/
thrustmaster t500rs motor upgrade by@Pit
- mimic a USB device
- interpret MS force feedback inputs
- compute combination of effects
- drive the servo driver
As Simtools is not reading FFB inputs (but telemetry data), it cannot be used for a FFB wheel.
Some have "designed" a FFB wheel based on telemetry but results are poor and the cost of a servo + drive is clearly wasted.
Few firmwares have been edited:
- RFR firmware on LPC Pack by Mizoo (first but now discontinued)
- MMos firmware on STM Disco by Mmos
- OSW firmware on ST MDisco by Bberger
- Ai-wave firmware on Arduino Leonardo by Etienne (under beta)
G-Clamp low cost rudder pedals by @Jesse05James : http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/diy-rudder-pedals.6449/
AVR by @tronicgr : http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/mjoy16-usb-avr-joystick.726/
Cabinet runner rudder pedals by @Jugle : http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/jugles-flightsim.6470/
Hacking Sidewinder FF2: https://www.xsimulator.net/communit...idewinder-force-feedback-2.14717/#post-198237
Vertical handbrake with G27 trigger by @-kevin- : http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/handbrake-homemade.6884/
Vertical handbrake by @fred06200: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/frein-à-main-verticale.5650/
Plywood handbrake by @DERIY: http://www.xsimulator.net/community...imulator-by-deriy-sato.2405/page-7#post-38938
Real handbrake by @tronicgr: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/tronics-diy-usb-real-handbrake.1341/
Hydraulic handbrake by @tombo: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/diy-hydraulic-handbrake.6182/
Bracket based handbrake by @leaedman: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/my-2dof-with-dc-motors.6314/page-2#post-77010
Pedal set by @mazak515: http://www.xsimulator.net/community...lateur-2-dof-repliable.4661/page-2#post-49396
Pedal set by @tommy06 : http://www.xsimulator.net/community...aulik-pedals-stockcar-nascar-dash.3277/page-5
Pedal set by @seppel: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/csp-goes-hydraulic.5616/#post-63304
Electronic board by @RacingMat
DIY load cell brake pedal by @RacingMat: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/diy-load-cell-brake-pedal-short-tuto.6042/
Real DIY steptronic sequential shifter by @RacingMat: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/diy-steptronic-sequential-shifter.6944/
Sequential Shifter for G27 by @-kevin-: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/sequential-gearbox-homemade.6883/
Sequential Shifter by @pitstopp: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/diy-sequential-shifter.4826/
Sequential Shifter by @bsft: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/homemade-sequential-shifter.3530/
Sequential Shifter by @Alexey: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/diy-2dof-home-build.5850/#post-71678
Sequential Shifter simplified by @leaedman: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/my-sequential-shifter-diy.6432/
Sequential Shifter with button triggers by @zigzag49: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/sequential-shifter-house.6445/
Sequential Shifter by @GIB SimRacing: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/2-dof-seat-mover-gib.6436/#post-71395
Sequential sifhter by @RacingMat http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/diy-steptronic-sequential-shifter.6944/
Page 1 of 2