This guideline explains how you can connect the SimTools PC to Xbox One X via a Crossover cable to play Forza Horizon on Xbox One X.
You can either buy a Crossover cable or have fun making it yourself.
I converted a standard Ethernet cable (one should have a spare cable lying around in the drawer!) into a Crossover cable by this method.
Carefully slit open the sheath in the middle of the cable and pull apart the following four wires.
- Orange and Orange/white;
- Green and Green/white;
- Cut and strip these four wires;
- Now solder the Orange/white wire from Connector 1 to the Green/white wire from Connector 2 and cover it with heat shrink tube;
- Ditto for the Orange wire from Connector 1 to the Green wire from Connector 2;
- Ditto for the Green/white wire from Connector 1 to the Orange/white from Connector 2;
- Ditto for the Green wire from Connector 1 to the Orange wire from Connector 2;
- Leave other cables alone;
- Cover these connections with a tape or heat shrink tube.
Download this app to the PC and the Xbox One X.
Launch the UDP Sender/Receiver App in both devices.
Note the local addresses (say on the PC 192.168.0.101, and on the Xbox One X 192.168.12.10)
Enter the PC address 192.168.0.101 as the Remote IP on the Xbox One X and vice versa.
On both devices enter 4123 as the Remote and Local Port
Now click the Connect button. You should see the following dialogue box.
Enter a test message, say "From the Game PC" on the PC and "From the Xbox One X "on the Xbox One X.
Click send and you should see the messages appear in green (Local)/red (Remote) under the Logs.
This proves that your CrossOver cable is ok.
The second test is to confirm that the FH4 in Xbox One X is correctly set up.
In FH4, under HUD and Gameplay, Turn DATA OUT "ON", DATA OUT IP ADDRESS " (192.168.0.101), DATA OUT IP PORT "4123" and Accept.
When you run FH4, you should see the motion data from FH4 on the UDP Logs.
Now launch the SimTools PluginUpdater, Drag and Drop ForzaHorizon4_GamePlugin.V220.127.116.11.zip
Launch SimTools, change the IP addresses on both the Game Manager and Game Engine to 192.168.0.101. This is your PC address as per the UDP Sender/Receiver.
Once you have ensured that FH4 is patched and the Axis etc are correctly set up, when you run FH4 on Xbox, you should see the motions.
If not click the manual start button
Few things to note.
- Xbox One X has only one Ethernet port and it's being used to connect to the PC. You need to set up the Xbox One X WiFi connection via your Modem to the Xbox Server to keep the game progress up to date.
- On the PC, either you can use a second NIC or a USB WiFi dongle to connect to the internet, if required.
- If you want to play SimTools on the PC afterwards, without connecting to the Xbox, you may need to change the IP addresses on the SimTools Game Engine and Game Manager to the default 127.0.0.1
- Every time you want to connect the PC and the Xbox, you need to launch the UDP app to get the correct IP addresses.
- The ForzaHorizon4_GamePlugin.V18.104.22.168 didn't work on the PC-Xbox mode.
- But it did work on the PC running FH4 (No Xbox One X).
- You should be able to establish the connection (without the Crossover cable) via the Port forwarding facility on the Router, but it wasn't successful in my case.