1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Showroom FlyPT - 6DOF Brushless DIY Actuators

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by pmvcda, Aug 29, 2017.

1. C.Y

C.Y New Member

Balance:
    120Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So to confirm ... for a starter like me and who doesn't have a mechanical engineering background but understands simple mechanics / engineering .... the most feasible choice is the Thanos .. otherwise I fall into a black hole that I might not be able to get out of ?
  2. John Snell

John Snell Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    284Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hi all.

Please help if you can. I've spend months designing and building a 2dof rig using the technology described in this thread, then months trying to get it to work but still no success.

I've had so many issues that I'm near the point of giving up... so reaching out in the hope that the clever people here can provide some wisdom one issue at a time.

Equipment in use:
    - Three 210w, 24v w BLDC motors & 1:50 wormgears (one is for traction loss and not in use for now);
    - Wantai BLDC-5015A motor drivers;
    - ESP32 controller (using printed circuit boards shared on this thread);
    - 1500w (62A) power supply (but I'm currently testing using two 12v car batteries in series)

The motors calibrate ok using the ESP32 code uploaded via the Arduino IDE. They correctly go from one limit switch to the other when the ESB32 boots.

The main issue I'm having is that the motors seem to be very weak, and when I measure the current under load, they are drawing up to 1.5 amps each, where I expected them to draw up to 13 amps. I think all the equipment can provide that 13 amps per motor so I'm trying to work out why they are not drawing that.

The motors are shown here:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32810577445.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.1ae63c00r6zgty&mp=1

Is there anything in the ESP 32 calibration code that stops the motors from running to their fullest potential and drawing the current available to them? How about the Motor drivers... is there anything I could have done wrong there? Other thought?

My build thread is here (where you will see that my traction loss motor is running, but again it's very weak):
    https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/2dof-traction-loss-using-brushless-dc-motors.16544/

I don't know what to do next and would really really appreciate any ideas/help.

Thanks lot
    John