1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Download Package Now!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant here. Do not following these rules will lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.

Showroom Mi/My Cockpit Simracing DIY Movimiento/Motion SCN5

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by cover4x4, May 15, 2018.

1. cover4x4

cover4x4 I love simracing

Car Mechanic
    Balance:
    302Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    (Sorry, I use Google Translate Spanish-English ...) Hello, I have a Cockpit made of aluminum with which I play almost exclusively in Assetto Corsa and when I have time I run in SRS (Sim Racing System). I will shortly modify it to make the seat move along with two actuators SCN5 10-150mm and that I will show the progress. Currently I have this installed:
    - LG LED projector: 475 euros
    - DIY aluminum cockpit with "Motedis.de" material: 200 euros
    - Thrustmaster TS-XW Racer steering wheel: 600 euros
    - Logitech G27 pedals inverted with vibration: ??? euro
    - Change Logitech G27 modified for handbrake: ??? euro
    - Sequential Shifter manufactured by me in 3d printing: ??? euro
    - Shifter "H" of SHH modified with shorter lever, real knob and guided in aluminum: 115 euros
    - Bodyshakers with Simvibe license and amplifier: 300 euros
    - Backet fiber: 150 euros
    - Skullcandy Hesh 2 wireless headphones: 74 euros
    - Logitech keyboard wireless: 25 euros
    - Computer i5 6400/16 gbRam / Nvidia 1060 gtx 6 gb: 850 euros

I have this material to assemble:
    - 2 actuators SCN5 10-150mm
    - Connection box 240x190x90mm
    - Power supply MeanWell RSP-320 24v 320w
    - Devantech USB RS485 converter- Ball joint
    - Other material varies- (I need to buy the aluminum for the extension of the Cockpit, shortly)

(Perdón, uso traductor Google Español-Inglés...) Hola, tengo un Cockpit fabricado en aluminio con el que juego casi exclusivamente en Assetto Corsa y cuando tengo tiempo corro en SRS (Sim Racing System). En breve lo modificaré para hacer que el asiento tenga movimiento junto con dos actuadores SCN5 10-150mm y que iré enseñando los progresos. Actualmente tengo esto instalado:
    - Proyector led LG: 475 euros
    - Cockpit aluminio DIY con material de "Motedis.de": 200 euros
    - Volante Thrustmaster TS-XW Racer: 600 euros
    - Pedales Logitech G27 invertidos con vibración: ??? euros
    - Cambio Logitech G27 modificado para freno de mano: ??? euros
    - Cambio secuencial fabricado por mi en impresión 3d: ??? euros
    - Cambio H de SHH modificado con palanca más corta, pomo real y guiado en aluminio: 115 euros
    - Bodyshakers con licencia Simvibe y amplificador: 300 euros
    - Backet fibra: 150 euros
    - Auriculares Skullcandy Hesh 2 inhalámbricos: 74 euros
    - Teclado Logitech inhalámbrico: 25 euros
    - Ordenador i5 6400 / 16 gbRam / Nvidia 1060 gtx 6 gb: 850 euros

20180515_184116.jpg 20180515_184013.jpg 20180515_184040.jpg 20180515_184137.jpg 20180515_183955.jpg

Tengo este material para montar:
    - 2 actuadores SCN5 10-150mm
    - Caja de conexiones 240x190x90mm
    - Fuente alimentación MeanWell RSP-320 24v 320w
    - Conversor Devantech USB RS485
    - Rótula para asiento
    - Otro material vario
    - (Me falta comprar el aluminio para la ampliación del Cockpit, en breve)
  2. cover4x4

Car Mechanic
    Balance:
    302Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Update with photos of the material I have to ride to do the motion.

Actualizo con fotos del material que tengo para montar para hacer el motion.

20180516_163649.jpg
    Actuators SCN5 10-150mm with modification of connectors keeping the originals.

Motores SCN5 10-150mm con modificación de conectores manteniendo los originales.

20180516_164205.jpg
    Here the Connection Box 240x190x90mm with holes for cooling, where an aluminum base goes with the MeanWell RSP-320 24v 320w power supply and the communication electronics.

Aquí la Caja de Conexiones 240x190x90mm con agujeros para refrigerar, donde va una base de aluminio con la fuente de alimentación MeanWell RSP-320 24v 320w y la electrónica de comunicación.

20180516_164400.jpg
    Support printed in 3d for Devantech USB RS485 converter, Diode 27v 1,3w and Resistance 2200 ohms of the ILK.

Soporte impreso en 3d para conversor Devantech USB RS485, Diodo 27v 1,3w y Resistencia 2200 ohmios del ILK.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. cover4x4

Car Mechanic
    Balance:
    302Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Today I have advanced a little more, I have prepared a steering wheel of an industrial vehicle without determining by welding two thick washers to be able to attach to the aluminum cockpit and that it will be placed under the fiberglass baquet so that it can move

Hoy he avanzado un poco más, he preparado una rótula de dirección de un vehículo industrial sin determinar soldando dos aranderas gruesas para poder sujetar al cockpit de aluminio y que irá situada debajo del baquet de fibra para que se pueda mover.

20180516_185940.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  4. cover4x4

Car Mechanic
    Balance:
    302Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    I'm moving forward after some problem with the SCN5 actuators (thread here) and after making them work, now the problem is with the ILK (thread here), but we continue with the project and I'm already preparing the order to "Motedis" to modify the cockpit of aluminum. We will continue informed, Greetings.

Voy avanzando después de algún problema con los actuadores SCN5 (hilo aquí) y tras hacerlos funcionar, ahora el problema es con el ILK (hilo aquí), pero continuamos con el proyecto y ya estoy preparando el pedido a "Motedis"para modificar el cockpit de aluminio. Seguiremos informado, un saludo.
  5. cover4x4

Car Mechanic
    Balance:
    302Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hello, today I have placed the order to Motedis of the aluminum to modify the cockpit, to see if the material arrives quickly and I put the equipment to work before the summer that is already close to me is over and it is already getting hot to play ... As soon as I get everything I put photos of the material and the assembly, what nerves and what desire ...

Hola, hoy he hecho el pedido a Motedis del aluminio para modificar el cockpit, a ver si llega rápido el material y pongo a funcionar el equipo antes de que se me eche encima el verano que ya está cerca y ya empieza a hacer calor para jugar... En cuanto me llegue todo pongo fotos del material y del montaje, qué nervios y qué ganas...
  6. cover4x4

Car Mechanic
    Balance:
    302Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    A couple of weeks ago I got the aluminum material from Motedis, but due to work issues I did not have time to get involved with the simulator. Today I have been doing the fastening system of the SCN5 actuators, I leave you some photos and we will continue updating as you go forward the modifications. The material used is slotted profile 20x40 type B.

Hace un par de semanas que me llegó el material de aluminio de Motedis, pero por temas de trabajo no he tenido tiempo para liarme con el simulador. Hoy he estado haciendo el sistema de sujección de los actuadores SCN5, os dejo unas fotos y seguiremos actualizando conforme vaya adelantando las modificaciones. El material usado es perfil ranurado 20x40 tipo B.

Sujeccion motores Scn5_a.jpg Sujeccion motores Scn5_b.jpg
  7. cover4x4

Car Mechanic
    Balance:
    302Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Today I have been assembling the actuators in the cockpit and placing the base of the backet, we are modifying the whole structure to make it with movement and the truth is that it has made me sweat ....

Hoy he estado montando los actuadores en el cockpit y colocando la base del bac ket, vamos modificando toda la estructura para hacerla con movimiento y la verdad es que me ha hecho sudar....

Montaje Actuadores 1.jpg Montaje Actuadores 2.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  8. cover4x4

Car Mechanic
    Balance:
    302Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hi guys. After the summer break and a series of personal causes I have been disconnected for a while. I'll be back here again to keep reporting the new developments in my simulator. A greeting and I will update this post.

Hola chicos. Tras el parón veraniego y por una serie de causas personales he estado un tiempo desconectado. Vuelvo otra vez por aquí para seguir informando de los nuevos avances en mi simulador. Un saludo e iré actualizando este post.
  9. cover4x4

Car Mechanic
    Balance:
    302Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Well, I update the current state of the simulator with photos.

Bueno, actualizo el estado actual del simulador con fotos.

20180913_210317.jpg 20180913_210351.jpg
    20180913_210435.jpg 20180913_210602.jpg 20180913_210522.jpg

I have installed a tight connection box for the USB Devantech and the power supply. I still have to finish making the connections that I will make these days.

In addition I have moved and reorganized the various power and electronic sources, as well as organized the whole mess of cables.

I have removed the shifter from the G27 and instead I have made a Button Box with Arduino that I will explain another day with links.

I have made an aluminum support for the power supply of the Thrustmaster steering wheel.

I bought the Thrustmaster 599 Evo 30cms steering wheel and it is great and versatile.

I have put a bicycle water drum holder to be able to leave a bottle of water for long periods of play.

I have placed a hook to leave gloves and headphones.

At the moment this is everything and little by little my project is taking shape.

A greeting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He instalado una caja estanca de conexiones para el USB Devantech y la fuente de alimentación. Me falta por terminar de hacer las conexiones que haré estos días.

Además he movido y reorganizado las fuentes de alimentación y electrónicas varias, así como organizado todo el lío de cables.

He quitado el shifter del G27 y en su lugar me he fabricado una Button Box con Arduino que explicaré otro día con enlaces.

He hecho un soporte de aluminio para la fuente de alimentación del volante Thrustmaster.

He comprado el volante Thrustmaster 599 Evo de 30cms y que va de maravilla y que es muy versátil.

He puesto un soporte de bidón de agua de bicicletas para poder dejar una botella de agua para los largos ratos de juego.

He colocado un gancho para poder dejar los guantes y los auriculares.

De momento esto es todo y poco a poco va cogiendo forma mi proyecto.

Un saludo.
    • Like Like x 1