1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Rav3n's 2dof with Tl full frame build

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Rav3n87, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Rav3n87

Rav3n87 Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Question:

Going to get the 160A Server Power Supply, What Size Amp hour battery should i pair to it?

After talking with some collegues today we have come to the conclusion that:

The battery will really only be utilized for regenerational spikes and other than that the power supply will be supplying the current overall so the battery size shouldnt need to be huge and the whole system will just sit at 12v, Is that correct?

I would still need to put either a diode or have a cutoff so when the power supply shuts off the battery doesnt back feed the power supply correct?

Last but not least, Should i put my relay to cut power, before the drivers or between the motors and drivers?

Cheers