1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

where do the plugins go?

Discussion in 'SimTools Plugins' started by K1FF, Apr 1, 2014.

1. K1FF

K1FF New Member

Balance:
    723Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN5
    Hi!! silly question but where do I place they plugins in to the game Dir or the Sim tools Dir Cheers Chris!!
  2. cthiggin

cthiggin Active Member

Self-Employed
    Balance:
    15,209Coins
    Ratings:
    +435 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    K1ff,
    That's a good question - I would also like to know where the best and proper place to keep them - inside the SimTools Program Folder / or just where.
    I'm sure we will get the exacting answer shortly.

Tom
  3. K1FF

K1FF New Member

Balance:
    723Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN5
  4. K1FF

K1FF New Member

Balance:
    723Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN5
    I do have another question tho! I don't know or where would I find SNC5 150 actuators ComPort settings or if some one has then and could let me know would be very much appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!
  5. cthiggin

cthiggin Active Member

Self-Employed
    Balance:
    15,209Coins
    Ratings:
    +435 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    K1FF,
    I've read the quick start a dozen times and "me don't see" where it says to put the plug-in's - where or what folder - It sure tells you how to ADD a plug-in and to check and see if the plug-in and patch were successful.
    IF you saw where it said to physically install the plug-in's - man, just tell me - geeze, I must be going blind if it's in there.

Sorry on the SNC5's - don't know a thing about them.

Thanks so much,

Tom
  6. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    open the start items folder for simtools, and open " simtools plugin updater", then open the folder containing the plugins, drag and drop the plugin as a zipped item to the little box on plugin updater.
    it should come up with message "plug in installed" or something like that.
  7. cthiggin

cthiggin Active Member

Self-Employed
    Balance:
    15,209Coins
    Ratings:
    +435 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    bsft,
    Hi friend.
    That's where "me" have the problem - I do NOT have a folder in Simtools that is named "Plug In"...I have all the rest and the executables for tools, game manager, plugin updater but there is NO folder named "anything about plugins'". Do I need to "make one" and when I d/l the various plug-ins put them in the fold I made?????
    I would of thought with Simtools coming with a default plug-in, the folder should have been there with that plug-in - UNLESS - it's been programmed into Simtools????

Let me know - I just want everything to be "peachy" - where IF there is a problem - it will be ME and not software etc.

Thanks,

Tom
  8. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    plugin.jpg
    plugin.jpg
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @cthiggin its already in the folder once you install simtools.
  10. cthiggin

cthiggin Active Member

Self-Employed
    Balance:
    15,209Coins
    Ratings:
    +435 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    ScreenShot001.jpg bsft - You will see in the above left screenie, I have SimTools "installed" in the root of C:\ - I don't like installing anything IF I can into ProgramFiles folder

ScreenShot002.jpg The second screenie shows the contents of the SimTools Folder - There is NO Plug-Ins Folder.....present
    Do I need to just make a new folder named Plug Ins - and when I d/l plug-ins, just put them into this newly created folder???

Thanks again,

Tom
  11. speedy

speedy Well-Known Member

Balance:
    7,918Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,285 / 10 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Dear Tom ... the "GamePlugin Updater" is a program to run and it will self update for you ...
    just run it and as @bsft said ... [ Drag ---> Drop] ... the zipped file of the game plugin in its square window ...
    SimTools is easier to update than other programs you may based your thinking on ;) ...

Untitled.jpg

Then Go open the Game Manager ... you'll find the game name with it's all related forces profile is ready to go .
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  12. cthiggin

cthiggin Active Member

Self-Employed
    Balance:
    15,209Coins
    Ratings:
    +435 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi Speedy,
    Yes sir, I do know that we "drag & drop" the plug-in on the SimTools Game Plugin Updater - and if successful, we'll get the window stating Instal.....Complete.

What I am asking - in the SimTools Folder - is there "another folder" named Plugins???? - and when you download a new plugin from the forum, you "save it" into that Plugins Folder - and of course from there,
    you would "drag&drop..............

From looking at your heiarchy, YOUR plugins "reside" in your root SimTools Folder??????

Hope this makes sense now of what I am asking instructions on.

Thanks,

Tom
  13. speedy

speedy Well-Known Member

Balance:
    7,918Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,285 / 10 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    No sir , There is no sub folders ... Me too ... No folders inside SimTools main program folder ... it's just dll's and data files ... what made you think there would be ? Unless of previous experience on some other programs update basics ...

Untitled.jpg

For WIN-7 Administrator rights to copy files there on drive C:\ and for more easier to integrate such updates without restarting or stopping the program ... I guess for such copy past operation in some old programs as this is history now ... SimTools is much powerful ... Don't let the history stuff confuse you .

The previous post picture is a desktop folder where I first downloaded and put all related files into it ...

Keep Up The Good Work ...:thumbs
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  14. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    I wish people would not read the quick start, its only just good as a reference, all those questions are answered in detail in the main documentation that I spent 2 weeks writing but people don't bother to read, lol , What a shame.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. speedy

speedy Well-Known Member

Balance:
    7,918Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,285 / 10 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2 weeks Wow Good job @eaorobbie ... 100% information input with 99% output results is not bad at all ... some of us may need some information refreshing service ...
    Keep up the good work buddy ...:thumbs
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    I do agree documents needs refreshing already, and a real quick start is needed in my opinion.
    They are the basics of how it all works.
    I have been meaning on completing a profile writing document as people seem to not read the doc and mess this up badly, we do it a lot different to the way the other software's do. Meant to be easier but its hard to retain people. lol Plus I feel this needs to be a video like we did with the others software.

Another that I have been meaning to write is a setup document for Jrk use in Simtools, a complete guide from wiring to setting up to profiling with the Jrks and DC motors.

But like normal trying to do too much in one day, not enough hours in a 24hr day, find myself sleeping only 3-4hrs a night. Sims keep me busy.
  17. speedy

speedy Well-Known Member

Balance:
    7,918Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,285 / 10 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    @eaorobbie ... your feeling is right ... Rule1-pictures worth Thousand words ... Rule2-videos are 30fps

你的感覺是正確的......規則1,圖片值得一千個詞.......規則2視頻是每秒30幀
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hence there is plenty of pictures in the official documents.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. cthiggin

cthiggin Active Member

Self-Employed
    Balance:
    15,209Coins
    Ratings:
    +435 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hello eaorobbie and folks,
    I'm in the process of learning as much as I can about SimTools etc. - readying myself for when my build is finished - which should be only a very few weeks from now.
    And yes, "Quick Start" is where I've seen some folks recommend for newbys' to START....so, that's where I went. I have honestly "skimmed" over the entire documentation several times, but not to
    the point of getting my head around it....SO, I shall do that again with intensity!

Fellows, most of the programs I use, not just flight sim / or racing - will put certain components or "add-ons" in their own separate folder - normally in the programs root directory.
    As @speedy has confirmed, the "Plugins" go inside the "root SimTools Folder", right along with .dll's, executables, and .dat files. In "my" way of thinking, I would like my d/l'd plugins to be in
    their own propriatory folder, and placed inside the SimTools root folder........and I can see no conflict with doing this as once you "drag&drop" into the plugin tool, they are registered. I may have to put a
    "copy" of the PluginAPI.dll into that folder. FOR me, It's cleaner and I don't have to search down through "everything" for a plugin - I just open the Plug In Folder I've made and there they are.

This is probably just a personal preference for "me"... and that was all I was asking from the beginning.

Thanks folks,
    Many blessings,

Tom
    • Like Like x 1
  20. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    To install plugin into Simtools is very simply,

Don't Unzip the container file. Keep as a backup.
    Close the Game Engine.
    Close the Game Manager.
    Start the Game Plugin Updater.
    Drag and drop the zip file to the plugin updater.
    It then sets all the files to their right locations , no need to mess with plugin files ever.

Patching the game with Game Manager does all the game side of thing you just need to point it to the right directory and press patch, it does everything for you.

The provided tools where made to make this process as simple as possible as our previous hell of doing this in another software was totally mad, this is painless and easy, let SimTools manage this for you, Manually copying files across is known to cause problems.

Sorry I hope I have made this clear, please don't copy files around use the tools SimTools provides.
    • Like Like x 2