1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Traction loss in VR

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Daguru, May 6, 2020.

1. Daguru

Daguru Rally drivers do it in the Dirt

Kitchen installer
    Balance:
    452Coins
    Ratings:
    +631 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform
    Hi guys

Quick question for anyone who has traction loss and VR.

Does the side to side movement mess with the tracking?

Thinking about adding TL to the rig just want to see if I need to worry about any other design problems.

Thanks in advance
    Dag
  2. GWiz

GWiz Active Member

Dentist
    Balance:
    1,453Coins
    Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Not as much as true sway does, but pitch tends to be the worst. If your rig is OK with pitch in VR, then adding traction loss shouldn't be a big issue as long as you keep the angles to less than 20 degrees either way. You don't tend to need a large movement for traction loss anyway, its more of a quick force to give the sensation of the rear of the vehicle swinging out and a bit of washout to return to centre to allow another force to act in the same direction. You ideally want to dial the washout into a level that you can barely feel the return which works especially well in VR as you will be unaware of your surroundings!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Daguru

Kitchen installer
    Balance:
    452Coins
    Ratings:
    +631 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform
  4. Dschadu

Dschadu Active Member

Balance:
    1,933Coins
    Ratings:
    +143 / 1 / -0
  5. Daguru

Kitchen installer
    Balance:
    452Coins
    Ratings:
    +631 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform
  6. Dschadu

Dschadu Active Member

Balance:
    1,933Coins
    Ratings:
    +143 / 1 / -0
    Then you are the first to go! :)
    I update the list as soon as I got feedback from testers.
    Join our discord if you need any help: https://discord.gg/r7krmSd