1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Stepper motor switec X27 and stepper.h library

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by minimus1899, Mar 22, 2021.

1. minimus1899

minimus1899 Member

retired/broken/falling to bit
    Balance:
    163Coins
    Ratings:
    +58 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Okay my lap time in LFS is 15 hours i need help

ive been at this all day and night and its 10 to 1am and im stuck,.

i read about this here by RacingMat

https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/driving-diy-cluster-gauges-with-gamedash.5896/

and well the code and im guessing the library is very old and no good

im using a L293D h Bridge with RacingMats code and it didnt stop the jutter and the slowness

so i thorght to hell with it ill use the Stepper.h library arduino comes with.....

i cant get it to move the gauge it just makes a noise and sometimes locks up like its trying to do something

here a picture of what i have

20210322_004207.jpg

so here is my code i have for the stepper.h library

Code:
    // D8 to p2, D9 to p7, D10 to p10, D11 to p15. 12V on pin 8 only

#include <Stepper.h>

int stepsPerRevolution = 600;        // Change this to suit the number of steps per revolution for your motor
    byte Rpm;

Stepper MotorRPM(stepsPerRevolution, 8, 9, 10, 11); // initialize the stepper library

void setup()
    {

Serial.begin(115200);         

} // End of setup()

void loop()
    {
      if (Serial.available() > 0)  {
        Rpm = Serial.read();
      }
      MotorRPM.step(map(Rpm, 0, 255, 0, stepsPerRevolution));

}
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2021