1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Simtools output testing communication problem

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by GTexas, Jan 16, 2022.

1. sci666

sci666 Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    999Coins
    Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    mh okay helps in some cases but maybe iam dump ...

so what should happen if i push the slider for roll to the right ? should the seat lean to the right or the left ?

also surge ? slider to the right .... seat moves forwards or backwards ? not so clear in the FAQ .... it just referex from one slider to another in the virtual axis display ....

you know what i mean ?
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,195Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,037 / 16 / -0
    Right

Forwards

Know that the direction of output is configurable per game with the 'Dir' check-boxes in axis assignments.
    Hope that helps!
    yobuddy
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
  3. sci666

sci666 Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    999Coins
    Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Thanks again. Yes I played around with the settings. But sometimes it feels wrong... Also other people seems to have Problems with the direction. Seen on Youtube 6dof clips in the comments many hints for wrong behavior
  4. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,195Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,037 / 16 / -0
    I suggest setting up one dof at a time, so its simple to make sure all of the dof's are working right.
    With the last step being turning them all on, surge and sway can be tricky to get right using 2d math.
    Give us a week, and I bet you will find things easier...
    Chat soon!
    yobuddy
    • Like Like x 1