1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Download Package Now!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant here. Do not following these rules will lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.

SCN6 under rSeat

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by r3df0x, Oct 28, 2018.

1. r3df0x

r3df0x n00by Racer

IT technician
    Balance:
    35Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    Hi everyone !

For a long time, I want a movement system for my actual rSeat RS1 and among the affordable and effective solutions, I opted for linear actuators. The principle is simple: it is copied from ProSimu. Two actuators in front and a balance system under the seat.

When I received my actuators, I drew a metal plate to allow me to screw it under the front of the rSeat.
    See Attached Files if you want to use my drawing.

[​IMG]

Laser Cutting cost me as little as 60$ CAD. The material is 3 mm steel that I painted.

[​IMG]

The actuators are Dyadic Systems SCN6-40-100

[​IMG]

My SubPac S2 gives me the motor vibrations and other subtleties...

[​IMG]

After this, I had to make the balance system. But for facility and budget reasons, I did it like the JCL To Be Faster 2 DOF pivot.

[​IMG]

The pivot is a plastic Swivel Leveling Mounts with rubber cushion and can support 5000 lbs.

[​IMG]

to be continued...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  2. prodigy

prodigy Burning revs

Balance:
    6,402Coins
    Ratings:
    +360 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Like @joe extraknow and @Giorgio73 told you, the pivot position is important. You can think that everything is OK because motors are working OK now, but you could have problems later. The point of the pivot is to be good balanced, so the pivot can carry most of the simulator weight and to minimize the stress of the motors.

But you have enough space to move your pivot under the seat, I think that should not be a problem for you.
  3. r3df0x

r3df0x n00by Racer

IT technician
    Balance:
    35Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    This pivot do the job but it would be more effective if my actuators were stronger. Therefore, for not to wear the actuators prematurely, I should change the location of the pivot... under the seat. It was my first idea (to do like ProSimu system) but for lack of time, for facility and budget reasons, I installed it like Swivel Leveling Mounts. :blush

Yeah, I have enough space under the seat, but I have to find a way to strengthen the steel plate before.

@Giorgio73, the distance between pivot and actuators are ± 40 inch
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  4. joe extraknow

joe extraknow Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    950Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    @r3df0x I noticed that the spacing between two actuators is far wider.... could be almost twice wide as the prosimians t10000.
    T1000 gives roll angle max at about -/+ 6 degree in my estimate for scn6 100mm actuators. For yours, I bet could be less than 3 degree. With rear pivot point, your pitch angle limited less than 1.5 degree as I estimated. Plus, if you add surge data on your system, I believe you would have a hard time to feel pitch movement. Anyhow, with your current config, your 2dof movements are further limited. For shaking, or big bounces feel, maybe ok.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  5. Giorgio73

Giorgio73 Alluminium rig with prosimu 3dof kit

Plc enginer
    Balance:
    380Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hy joe, The prosimu actuators distance is around 900mm. One guys of the forum tell me this. By the picture the actuators distance is very similar to prosimu t1000.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. joe extraknow

joe extraknow Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    950Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Yep, this how I got the max +/- 6.3 degree in roll movement.
    His spacing looks far larger than that to me....

EDIT: I see now the measurements he added. Indeed, the same....
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  7. r3df0x

r3df0x n00by Racer

IT technician
    Balance:
    35Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    Yeah, it's right. @John Memeo gave me the measure of 36 inch (914,4 mm) center/center between the 2 actuators of his T1000.
    • Like Like x 1