1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

News New 6dof+ AASD15 Servo Motion Controller

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by Motion4Sim, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Motion4Sim

Motion4Sim Member

Balance:
    609Coins
    Ratings:
    +101 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    yes of course, linear actuators are supported as well as rotating ones. all values can be freely set. you can read my manual on github for more details. this is still w.i.p. but a beginning.

https://github.com/motion4sim/AASD15A-Servo-Controller-for-Motion-Simrigs
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
  3. Motion4Sim

Motion4Sim Member

Balance:
    609Coins
    Ratings:
    +101 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    hi Guys. there is news. we have finished a new firmware. thanks to basti for the help with testing the cueing for linear actuators. there are new options in cueing. the new mover version 3.4.2 also brings a new "just pose" rig that supports our cueing better and makes it easier to implement. thank you @flypt for your great work.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Motion4Sim

Motion4Sim Member

Balance:
    609Coins
    Ratings:
    +101 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    The actuator calculation from mover is also supported and works great. all newly delivered controllers have additional new functions thanks to an adapted bootloader, the board no longer needs to be removed from the housing for a firmware update. the bootloader can be started from the handheld. I also wrote a small remote app that allows you to change the configuration of the controller and save it on the computer. so the many settings are not lost with a firmware reset. everything can be found on my github channel.
  5. Motion4Sim

Motion4Sim Member

Balance:
    609Coins
    Ratings:
    +101 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Motion4Sim

Motion4Sim Member

Balance:
    609Coins
    Ratings:
    +101 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    there is still some more news to my project.
    IMG_20210314_114758.jpg IMG_20210315_195542.jpg IMG_20210315_195815.jpg IMG_20210315_200004.jpg
    I pimped up the handheld contoller a bit. there is now a pcb and a housing adapted for it. the gerber data are on my github channel for self-production.also the stl files for the housing. I also sell the items individually as a set or as a complete set if you are interested. write me a pm
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Motion4Sim

Motion4Sim Member

Balance:
    609Coins
    Ratings:
    +101 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Lots of boards are being shipped now , but most of the projects are 6dof. This is great, but I'm looking for someone who has an sfx style rig with traction loss or something similar to run some tests on. If anyone is interested or is planning a project in this way, please contact me with pm.

thank you all and have a nice healthy time
  8. Tang

Tang New Member

Balance:
    95Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    Hello , I am an new builder of Racing simulators, this can work with Racing motion motion kits right? my rig target is 4DOF+2 or 4DOF+3 , I interested in try your control box, can you quote to me ?
  9. Motion4Sim

Motion4Sim Member

Balance:
    609Coins
    Ratings:
    +101 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi after long period of silence here, some progress on my controller project. firmware runs very stable. there are also new features. a remote configuration app and a remote handheld application running on desktop independent from handheld device. new easy options for flashing firmware. improved filter calculation and timings. controller runs now in own 2ms filter calculation loop independent from recieving data frames.
    convince yourself there are also several new videos on my youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqurllqaRAggQh8oK3UI68g

• Like Like x 2
  10. Motion4Sim

Motion4Sim Member

Balance:
    609Coins
    Ratings:
    +101 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    hi new feature added to my controller

supporting now infinite loop on actuators. maybe used for

360 ° rotating actuators like yaw vr

thank you @
    pmvcda aka FlyPT

for suggestion

:)
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Motion4Sim

Motion4Sim Member

Balance:
    609Coins
    Ratings:
    +101 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    • Winner Winner x 3
  12. Motion4Sim

Motion4Sim Member

Balance:
    609Coins
    Ratings:
    +101 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hello,

I hope most of you can enjoy the holidays, vacations and the summer

There is a new firmware update with a lot of adjustments and bugfixes.
    Check my github channel for more information.

Motion4Sim Github Channel

In addition, the manual and the flash instructions have been completely revised.
    A quick start guide was also provided.
    This allows you to easily configure the controller and put it into operation in just a few steps.

enjoy with best regards

upload_2021-7-29_11-14-56.png
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Dirty

Dirty Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

All the way up front.
    Balance:
    7,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +859 / 2 / -0
    Hey :)

nice to see an alternative controller on the market.:thumbs
    It's not that I have anything to complain about Thanos' board, but if I get to build a 3rd rig, I may well give your board a try.

Did I understand correctly, that the firmware can do all signal filtering as well as inverse kinematics? Does that mean that a motion cueing software is optional but not necessary?

Dirty :)
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  14. Motion4Sim

Motion4Sim Member

Balance:
    609Coins
    Ratings:
    +101 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi, sorry for delay but i had a chance for holiday in these times and so i was off for 2 weeks.

Thank you for your post #dirty .

motion cueing software will still be needed as an interface to the games. but it is correct that the controller has built in inverse kinematics for linear and rotating actuators.
    this works in its own 500 Hz fast routine and thus relieves the cpu of the computer not a little.
    it would be possible to increase the speed to 1000 hz for the inverse kinematics without any problems.
    the filters (spike and emalp) are also calculated in this routine. In the next firmware, the filters can then be configured as axes or actuator wise. I might add a scaling or rig-based configuration. If there are any ideas for features, I'll be happy to listen.
    I have started the possibilities for movement prediction by A.I. to investigate, there may be potential for future developments.
    but that's in its infancy, I'm still collecting data

please ask if you have more questions also on discord if you like motion4sim#4206
  15. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    We have to talk about that AI implementation.
    Do you have something already?
    • Like Like x 2
  16. cfischer

cfischer Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    2,425Coins
    Ratings:
    +235 / 1 / -0
    Would love to read about this. ^^ maybe discuss it publicly for us plebs.

I have often dreamed of more range on my actuators with ai paying attention to the track and learning based on distance down the track where jumps (for instance) are so you can wind up heave for the cue. Thus giving yourself a much bigger rig by being clever.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Dirty

All the way up front.
    Balance:
    7,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +859 / 2 / -0
    OK,... that's interesting. Does that mean that - if one decides to use this functionality - the controller expects to receive the accelerations and angular rates?
  18. Dirty

All the way up front.
    Balance:
    7,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +859 / 2 / -0
    Shedding the load from the CPU off to the microcontroller (especially such a powerfull one) sounds intersting, but I'd be concerned whether it is possible for the MC to provide the user with an adequate interface that is up to the job. There are a few dozen values to be tuned, afterall.

Interesting thread, for sure! :thumbs
  19. Motion4Sim

Motion4Sim Member

Balance:
    609Coins
    Ratings:
    +101 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi, the last 2 weeks have been a bit stressful for me and I had little time for this project, now I'm back and would like to answer your questions. And YES there are basically 2 ways to send data to the controller. Like the thanos controller, the standard method is to send the position of each individual motor in 24 bit resolution. the second method is to send the angles and translations of the 6dof platform depending on the entered geometry. you can compare that to mover's 6dof rig modules for linear and rotating 6dof platforms.

for later extensions it will be possible to use presets for special rigs. the development is now so that everything works well and stably now it is time to simplify things for users.
  20. Motion4Sim

Motion4Sim Member

Balance:
    609Coins
    Ratings:
    +101 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Thank you for your interest.

I hope that I understood the question correctly. For 6dof systems you need a certain amount of knowledge, especially if you are building such a system yourself. understanding the principle is important. flypt's mover in particular has a very interesting interface that i couldn't imagine simpler for 6dof machines. It can only work more simply if you buy a closed, ready-made system. I have already designed a simple app to configure the mcu. this interface can of course also be made simpler, but symbiosis with known solutions may be easier. this could be a way to make the configuration easier.

The ability of the controller to master the inverse kinematic came about because I was interested in this calculation and I had never really understood rotation matrices. so i developed the calculations along the lines of mover and finally understood these calculations for myself. now it's a great feature for the platforms.

Strictly speaking, with the computing power available to us today, it doesn't matter where the kinematics are calculated. i have examined the movement behavior for softness and imagine the calculations on the mcu are a bit finer but if there is a difference then only a minor one. for the wild movements in car races that makes no difference anyway.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1