1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Basti's 6DOL Project -Six Degrees of Love- :D

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Bastiuscha, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    :cheersHey friends, hug:

i wanna proudly show you my new 6DOF Rig, which I have just "finished". It's working really nice for now, but of course in Future, i will be optimise more and more. I kept the Actuators simple, to get an easy start.
    I needed a startpoint, to get Experience. Maybe later, i will go for more crazy Actuators. In this Thread i will keep you updated.

Before i get to details... it's highly important to me to thank you all. I wanna thank the Forum so much. Without the Forum, it would have been simply impossible for me to build such a great Rig. I would like to mention @noorbeast by Name. Your tireless help, for ALL here, is just insane and actually cannot be praised strongly enough. really....

To my Rig: My technical Possibilities are very limited. I have little technical Equipment and not even a Workshop. That is the Reason why I have chosen this Profilesystem. This also meant that I didn't have to weld.
    In the last Second of Planning, i changed from 24V Brushed Motors to Servos. And this was the best Thing (in my opinion) i could do.
    I use like many others the typical AASD Servos and this awesome Motion Controller:
    https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/new-6dof-aasd15-servo-motion-controller.15356/
    Thankfully Noorbeast again has shown me :)

The Next is the Software... for this Seat, i had to change to Flypt, one important Reason was the Motion Compensation via Virtual Tracker. This two Tools are so insane. And that's why I would like to encourage or ask every satisfied User, to give the two Guys a Donation. They more than deserve it.

For now, i don't wanna write to much. I will keep you updated here, if i will change some Things.
    This is not a Buildthread. So you can write Questions or whatever. Maybe I can help some People here and there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My last Video. Sry for bad Quality...something went wrong and i noticed it too late. The next Video will be better. :)

And here you can check out my new V2 Version. I love it!
    • Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 7
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  2. Motion4Sim

Motion4Sim Member

Balance:
    603Coins
    Ratings:
    +101 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Hey mate thank you for sharing your rig build. Nice to See you having Fun.:cheers:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

May be i should start building a linear actuators rig too.
  3. RacingMat

RacingMat Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    20,871Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,079 / 21 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    woah, your rig is impressive! you can be proud :)

I like your profilesystem actuators!
    could you share more information about them? BOM, price?
  4. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Thank you. :)
    My Goal was to create Actuators that are easy to build. The Idea didn't come from me, I got it from the Forum here and optimized it at some Points. I don't know if I'll stick with it, but at the moment I can't complain.
    I would argue that this will not be the End of the Journey.

But for you, I've made an Effort to put together a List. I bought everything in Germany, but since most People like to order from ALI express, I looked up the Counterparts there. The Partslist is only for one Actuator. I can't say exactly what the Price was for one. It was definitely much more expensive than ALI express. But i got Everything within 2-3 Days. Approximately i have paid 250€ per Actuator without Servormotor. I think it will be much cheaper with ALI.

Ok, what do you need:
    1x Carbon Rod https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32750896586.html
    1x Linear Bearing https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32696759834.html?spm=2114.12010615.0.0.h2pIkp
    2x V-Slot 60x20x500 (sry not on ALI) https://www.banggood.com/Machifit-2...K_Zio428MUEsRPWeWvc4MUVWVVRtMREgaAt8qEALw_wcB
    1x Spindledrive https://de.aliexpress.com/item/3237...lgo_pvid=2a0a0512-eb5a-456c-9e2a-6a6dc7f1c496
    1x FK12 fixed Bearing https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32765008578.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000060.1.65ef7761CGOuw9&gps-id=pcDetailBottomMoreThisSeller&scm=1007.13339.169870.0&scm_id=1007.13339.169870.0&scm-url=1007.13339.169870.0&pvid=78e8a869-6c26-4058-9fce-eedd053c38cd&_t=gps-id:pcDetailBottomMoreThisSeller,scm-url:1007.13339.169870.0,pvid:78e8a869-6c26-4058-9fce-eedd053c38cd,tpp_buckets:668#0#131923#64_668#0#131923#64_668#888#3325#20_668#888#3325#20_668#2846#8115#2000_668#2717#7560#267_668#1000022185#1000066059#0_668#3468#15609#219_668#2846#8115#2000_668#2717#7560#267_668#3164#9976#783_668#3468#15609#219
    1x MotorClutch 16x12 (16 for the 90ST Servo) https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4000...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_
    1x M12 Shaftcoupler https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_
    Very Important: GOOD Glue: https://de.farnell.com/3m/2216-b-a-...LuJNI-w5IOOLTj4YeWgPJ7RWQc1g01eRoCLkcQAvD_BwE

And small Things like
    M10/M12 Washer, Nuts, Threaded Bar's
    M12 Ballhead
    Many M4 and M5 Screws/Washers/Nuts, for the Bearings and the Profiles

And the Aluminuim Plates:
    3 Pieces : 120x120x8mm (lower Plates)
    1 Piece : 60x90x6mm (the upper Plate)

And there are 4 Parts to 3D Print. If needed, I can upload them.
    I hope the List is complete. :)

Edit:
    My Motorsets i use: 90ST Servo. Did not found on ALI...but:
    These 80ST Boy's are nearly the same (slightly different Dimensions): https://de.aliexpress.com/item/3272...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_2,searchweb201603_53
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  5. Peacemaker105

Peacemaker105 Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,974Coins
    Ratings:
    +352 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    nice rig mate!! i would love to see the video output as well in your next vid :) there's an OBS plugin that lets you choose one of your VR lenses as a source so maybe check that out and add that in the corner :)

edit: you should probably mention your servos and motors you used...
  6. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Thanks a lot man!!! I now your first Actuators was nearly the same. Maybe sometime, i will do a close System too. But certainly not in the near Future. :) And yes....my next Video will include a Gamecapture. But i need a Videocut Tool. Can you recommend a good and CHEAP one? :D
  7. RacingMat

RacingMat Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    20,871Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,079 / 21 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hey guys, I have now collected some experience and must say that so far everything is great. The only Thing that needs to be changed over time, unfortunately, are the linear Bearings. These work themselves into my Carbon Rods. I have now switched to the test on sliding Bearings from Igus and on stainless Steeltube. I think that will be the better solution in the long run. Well anyway I made a new video (Above in the first post). This time with desired Picture in Picture Material. Have fun watching. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. wannabeaflyer2

wannabeaflyer2 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    8,284Coins
    Ratings:
    +950 / 7 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Wow and then some :) hi @Bastiuscha great to see another 6DOF unit in the club , really impressed with the use of the aluminum extrusion throughout this whole assembly Great stuff to work with once you have decent cutting chop saw , i always paniced about the extra weight but these ac powered servo driven actuators seem to throw this around like its not an issue , congratulations on a major step up project ,, you know were all hungry for pictures / Close up detail beg beg please please :) base Universal joint especially
  10. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hey thanks a lot! Yes, the Weight is the Price you pay when you use such a Profile System. And one Thing is for sure...a lighter System is always better. But you're right, the Motors laugh at the Weight. And because I'm conversion lazy, the Hotas Base is always mounted....
    Because my Seat is more "Beta" and i still expect to change much, i have dispensed with bigdetail Pictures. But if you have wishes, I will gladly make you Photos of the Things you want to see. I can take a Picture of my Base Joints, but I am not satisfied with that and will change that in the Future.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. winch20010

winch20010 New Member

Balance:
    88Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hello,
    and thanks for sharing your rig. very nice, and seems to work very well :)
    I also started a project with a similar approach (with 55cm of movment), and would like to know how you have design the platform + actuators spaces.
    actually, I stuck here :) and I'm not sure how many degrees to apply to the actuators when in mid position (90° is perpendical to the floor) and how many centimeters between the actuators on the floor, ...

congratz again for this nice seat :)
  12. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    And that's exactly what I'm not good at helping with. I just built on it and if it did not fit, I have shortened or lengthened the Profiles. On my Rig, for example, the Problem is that I can not tilt far forward if I want to use roll at the same Time. But because I can not weld, I am very limited. If you now have so much longer Actuators, then it becomes much more difficult. Try asking People who work with the same Spindle Length. And I have a second Advice! I could have used it myself before: Use FlyPT Mover as a Sizetest. You have there the possibility to enter your estimated Dimensions and then you can see how long everything must be, so that you reach your Ways.

But I'll still give you my FlyPT Measurements as a starting Point:
    L1 1180
    L2 150
    L3 150
    L4 1110
    Middlepos 1250
    Range 185
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. winch20010

winch20010 New Member

Balance:
    88Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    thanks for this info :) flypt is a monster to adopt :) I think also we cannot simulate movment in flypt and must be connected to a source, which is more complex for me, as nothing is yet built on my side... I'm still looking at the docs...
  14. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    What do you mean by "must be connected to a source"? Without any "Game" or Hardware, you can start this Tool and do test drives by Hand. I know the tool is extensive. But you will quickly realize that the Topic is just like that. You will have to deal with it sooner or later anyway. And my Advice is (i would have liked to know this beforehand myself) to deal with it right from the begining, not only when the Rig is ready. You can display your Rig there in 3D and can move the Sliders of the Forces with your desired Dimensions and see whether the target Angles are reached. If something comes to mechanical Limits, this is displayed to you by a Message and red Color. Look at it. It's a dream!
  15. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hey Friends,

i would like to report again with a News. I used this Seat, now for 17 Months. With absolute Fun and
    i can say, that this construction has proven to be very very stable. But i'm a Person who always
    tries to optimize and i'm never for long satisfied. That's why i built a V2 Version of my Seat.

This time, it's a completely own Construction. The Actuators are mostly 3D printed (that was an inspiration of Departed Reality). But my idea was to try to mount the Spindle (ball bearing) on top as well, to get a very low vibration run. What can I say...it worked and i'm completely thrilled with my V2. I still have to find out the Stability in the long run. But 8 Hours of racing, including 3 Hours of Rally (without any Problems), show already that the Seat can not be completely that bad.

I'm now in any Case very happy and can say that the initial Choice with the 1605 Spindles was the wrong Decision.

Technical data Earlier: 1605 spindle 500mm long
    and today: 1610 spindle 700mm long

Despite significantly more Spindletravel, my Rig is much flatter/lower thanks to the new Design, which allows me to "turn up" the Seat much more, without it lifting off. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. bertrace

bertrace New Member

Balance:
    531Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    JRK
    "Hello, the project turned out to be simply wonderful! Thank you for the experience and time! Could you draw the dimensions of the structure, the lower and upper triangle?"