1. Hundreds of coffees, endless nights of debugging and coding, and countless feedback by our beta testers led to this new major release. SimTools 2.4 is probably the version with the most upgrades and improvements in a single release ever. Look at everything Dustin has included:
    SimTools 2.4 all features.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Download Package Now!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant here. Do not following these rules will lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.

My project 2DOF

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Arielnac, May 19, 2019.

1. iLLuac4

iLLuac4 New Member

Balance:
    151Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
  2. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    11Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi. Yes. I have bought 2 KBPC8010 rectifiers. But if I use the motors with 18.5V, it may not be necessary to place them according to the tests I did so far.
    I have to see what happens with a person sitting in the armchair.
    What I could do is lean against the back of the chair and on the front at the height of the engines and there are no problems or temperature of the BTS7960 nor voltage feedback.
    I am not looking for a platform with a lot of movement since I am going to use 3 screens that will be fixed. What I am looking for is to have little movement but of good quality.
  3. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    11Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Here a test of the platform still unfinished but 100% functional. Anxiously waiting for the DIY license of simtools to use my favorite games that are Asseto Corsa and Project Cars 2.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    11Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Some photos of how the circuit part inside a box was armed at the moment. Operating at 18.5 V, the BTS 7960 does not heat almost anything and there is no feedback voltage, so it is not necessary to place any protection diodes. The engines you buy have plenty of power. I recommend them 100%.
    I am using simtools 2.4 in dual configuration

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. iLLuac4

iLLuac4 New Member

Balance:
    151Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Great info. Do you really need two power supplies or. would one be enought?
  6. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    11Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi. I have not taken peak motor consumption readings. I estimate that a single power source like the ones I have would be enough. But I got them at a great price and bought 2 units. I take advantage of using them considering that having a source for each engine the system is more reliable.
  7. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    11Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    And here a video from above.

• Like Like x 1
  8. iLLuac4

iLLuac4 New Member

Balance:
    151Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    I have got the motors and they f.u. and send me 120rpm instead of 75rpm. The torque is 24 instead of 35. Since I will only use seat moving do you think 120rpm will be enought and also the calculation of using only around 20v instead of 24v the torque will be even lower.
  9. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    11Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Knowing how the 24V 75RPM motors work using them at 18.5V, I think the 120 RPM motors may not work well. There are too many RPM for this application. I am using a 50 mm CTC. If you use a double RPM engine you should use a 25mm CTC to compensate for the difference, or advance the engines ahead of the pedalboard, which would reduce efficiency in the lateral movements of the platform. I advise 75 RPM engines.
  10. iLLuac4

iLLuac4 New Member

Balance:
    151Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    OK TNX will make a reclamation.
    I can see that your position is not leveled I think that most of the weight is on the back so motors will need to perform stronger than, if the position would be leveled, I assume.
  11. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    11Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Do not set the position of the platform permanently. From what I could prove the engines must be weighed so that the effects are more precise. Even now I have 2 12V 7A batteries placed next to the pedalboard to make weight in the front. The best thing to do that is to use elastic bands.