1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules
yobuddy

Motion Simulation Software SimTools SimTools v2.5

SimTools Release Version

1. moaale

moaale IAN MRTIN

NN
    Balance:
    38Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimforceGT
    Hello people on the forum, look at this other data that I discovered from the simtools 2.4.1 version.
    I just formatted the machine that I have installed the games and the game manager, the windows version that I have in this machine is 1909 and in the notebock I have the 2004 version, I still did not install any game that I could try with the simulator but I do not believe that does not save telemetry data. In the two pc I have the 2.4.1 version of simtools tomorrow when I install a game I show a couple of photos.
    time with all this I was disconcerted by the update of window 2004 because I believed that I had something that did not allow the simtools to connect normally, which is not when I install the latest update on the game machine. 20200902_215435.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    33,655Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,889 / 10 / -0
    I'm don't quite understand what you are saying, but for a single PC setup, both Ip addresses should be 127.0.0.1 (home).
    Take care,
    yobuddy
  3. moaale

moaale IAN MRTIN

NN
    Balance:
    38Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I had installed on the S doS pc the update of windowS 10 2004 with the last update of SimtoolS 2.4.1 and between the game manager and the game engine and I did not connect
    and format the game pc with the game manager and leave it in the 1909 update.

You must install the SimtoolS 2.4.1 in the doS pc but the game engine pc has the update of windowS 2004 and the game pc has the update 1909 and now I have a connection between the game engine and the game manager.

So I wanted to comment ... thank you for answering igul .....
  4. gianlu320

gianlu320 Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    488Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I tried the new update 2.4.1 and I also had problems.
    When I turn on the motion platform it immediately behaves strangely.
    I also use a serial interface so this might be the problem.
    I reverted back to 2.4.0 and everything back to normal.
    I am still on win 1909
  5. moaale

moaale IAN MRTIN

NN
    Balance:
    38Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    if the only one that works with windows version 2004 and 2.4.1. from simtools is the game engine the manager does not connect or misbehaves .. the manager works well with the 1909 just. we must keep waiting for both windows and simtools updates.
  6. Foxyfoxy

Foxyfoxy New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    15Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 4DOF
    Hello,
    I don't know if anyone else has this problem or ever had it,
    I am using simtools 2.4.1, arduino micro and sabertooth 2x32, for a 2 DOF simulator,
    regularly, simtools has no effect on my engines using output testing, sometimes it works great. as if simtools did not send the infos to the arduino, sometimes by restarting the pc, it works again, then if I cut simtools and I restart it, the engines no longer receive the info again.
    Thanks for your feedback.
  7. moaale

moaale IAN MRTIN

NN
    Balance:
    38Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    sometime I had a similar problem and it was the usb cable from the pc to the arduino and also the internet connection between the manager and the engine
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Foxyfoxy

Foxyfoxy New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    15Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 4DOF
    yes maybe the usb cable, it works perfectly with the app arduino even if simtools broken
    i changed the cable usb, but the problem still there
  9. moaale

moaale IAN MRTIN

NN
    Balance:
    38Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    hello people I want to ask you a question for all those who have a 2 dof and are using the version of simtools 2.4.1 today I wanted to play and in my normal configurations using sway from side to side it arises from front and back had abnormal movements and these settings are the same as you use with all previous versions of simtools. I start to test the movements with the AXIS TESTING tool of the game engine and first I test SWAY from side to side and when I moved it to the right one engine would rise slowly and it was fine but the other when it had to go down the same as he did it from 80 percent from now on the same thing happens to me with the other forward and backward movement when I moved it normally I would have to go up and down as when you brake and accelerate and also towards the defect one motor rose slowly and the other motor did it from 80 Percent this would be a defect of the latest version of simtools 2.4.1 or it would be necessary to change some parameter in AXIS ASSIGNMENTS.
  10. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    33,655Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,889 / 10 / -0