1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. Michail

Michail Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    697Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 1 / -0
    The only way to limit the movement I see, is the limit range of the "from motion"
    upload_2023-2-2_15-18-11.png

but i don't know how i can limit the axis in "Back box motion for cars"
  2. Avee

Avee Virtual Pilot

Balance:
    1,026Coins
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    This is my setup for my H2, if that helps. I defined the rig myself, as I changed the position of the main pivot for better balancing. I have the SFU gearboxes, with the link at the 85mm hole.
    upload_2023-2-2_15-53-21.png

The logistic filter is to drive the seat a bit slower at the extreme positions.

I tinkered a bit with the middle position and the drive pose, because my actuators bump into the frame in the forward pitched pose. The middle offset shifts the range of motion (the angles up top) towards the back, so that I have still got the full pitch backward, but only limited pitch forward. The drive pose then corrects the neutral position to where it should be, i.e. forward of the middle of the range.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,203Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,181 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF

Need to test it.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,203Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,181 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    @Michail ,

Limits is the maximum value for each DOF
    Drive is the position you consider the departure position and around wich all the pose values are implemented. This allows you to setup a drive position like you do in a car, like tilt the chair using a value in pitch of drive position.

I don't understand what you men with 50º up and 50º down

You can change the signal to minus in the pose gain, or use a GAIN(VALUE;-1) in the actuator value.
    But I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Imagine you are using a plane in Flight Simulator, where the data received is for the COG, in the wing of the plane and the pilot is seated maybe 10m ahead of the data. Here, you can put that correction.
    Use this for big values. For really small ones like cars, don't use it.

Please show me a photo of the rig to see if you can set it in Mover right now.
    But I doubt.
    You can use Mover, but to have a 1:1 relation of the achieved pose with the rig and have the motion compensation working, it might be hard.

Some other notes:
    You can limit values in the poses, but since you can use more than one pose in the rig, the sum of the poses might go beyond what you want, that's the reason we have a limit in the rig also.
    If you use just one pose, then it will be the same.

I prepared a Discord channel, but since I had no time in the last months/year, it would be a bad idea. So it's in standby right now, at leat until the next release.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Michail

Balance:
    697Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 1 / -0
    Thank you.

I managed to setup again a mover profile for pcars2/ams2 with the help of your video where you setup with the preview version 2.9 dirt rally 2, rpm, suspension and motion.

So it works for know. I have to fine tune a bit. My question is, when I setup a filter for surge emalp and emahp the values for example 150.0 is setup 15 or 1500 will be more harsch with high value than a small value?

Second question is there a possibility to mix heave acceleration with pitch like surge?

or to setup and assign axes from the ground a rig, like we do in simtools?

I mean, that the rotational motor can driving 180 degre, 90 left and 90 right, i want to limit to 50 each direction.
    Like hexapod in the back, 2 rotational motor, and like simple 2dof 2 rotational in the front like the bike simulator

upload_2023-2-3_6-33-14.png
  6. wingert

wingert Active Member

Balance:
    642Coins
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    what is the reason not taken the 3DOF with 3 Rotation ?
  7. Michail

Balance:
    697Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 1 / -0
    The reason is, that my rig currently don't have "heave accelaration" as third DOF but "traction loss".
    When I upgrade to 4DOF with 4 rotational I need something like "4DOF rotational with 4 Motors 2 in front, 2 in back for traction loss.
  8. wingert

wingert Active Member

Balance:
    642Coins
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    can you explain for clarity what kind of DOF the Rig in your picture supports ?
  9. Michail

Balance:
    697Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 1 / -0
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  10. wingert

wingert Active Member

Balance:
    642Coins
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    post additionally a picture from your currently rig
  11. Michail

Balance:
    697Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 1 / -0
    Here you go:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maybe better when you click the link at my signature for further information, so to be not off topic here.
  12. Michail

Balance:
    697Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 1 / -0
    Maybe some one can me explain why the sway in roll does ever leening to the left ehen I drive like a f1 pilot in the warmup lap right left to warm up the tires?

Surge and suspension workd realy well but not sway.

Attached Files:

13. wingert

wingert Active Member

Balance:
    642Coins
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    mover has graphic viewer, there you can see what telemetry data your game send
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. LXT

LXT New Member

Balance:
    - 23Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, SimforceGT, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    Hi @pvmcda, I've got a question:
    I am using FlyPT Mover for my motion but i 've got some problem with set up parameter in FlyPT Mover.
    You could explain that to me about linkage between In gain/flip, Range, Out gain/flip. And Out (mm, rotation angle) of Pose and Range of Rig have any connection?
    Thank for talking the time to look over the question!

Attached Files:

15. Michail

Balance:
    697Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 1 / -0
    Input:
    2.PNG 1.PNG 3.PNG 4.PNG
  16. theoptimisticcynic

theoptimisticcynic New Member

Balance:
    102Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Hi @pmvcda, I'm working through a design using ODrive control boards. I decided to tackle the ODrive to learn more about these devices and I have run into what has been for me unsurmountable EMI issues. The serial interface has been really easy to get running with FlyPT Mover but it's just not stable for more than a minute for me. The recommended path to me for stability is to use CAN protocol to communicate with the controllers. So that I don't have to mess with virtual COM port drivers I thought I would write a connector app that reads your memory mapped file output and converts it into CAN messages via a USB CAN adapter.

It has been a really long time since I have done any coding so hoping I can get a nudge in the right direction. If I connect to the MMF output using my own program, will I be able to process a stream of values just like from the serial interface? I assume that I can read delimited data from the MMF for the 4 actuator positions (3DOF with 4 linear rig) but it's escaping me how to handle the MMF. Is the MMF of a fixed size in memory or do I need to somehow seek to the "end" to get the latest data? Is there a recommended amount to read and parse in each loop to be efficient? I may try out C# to do this so if anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2023
  17. sallerding

sallerding Member

Balance:
    326Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 6DOF
    I know pvmcda is busy updating his software so I’m going to have a go at this as I understand it and use it. If I get it wrong, someone else in the community will need to correct me. Flypt mover also has a helpful website, that is still WIP. But if we give him time to complete his work, it may avoid the need for him to answer these queries individually.
    In gain is I understand the ratio of the value of the input being received from the game for the particular parameter. So if it is set to 1, the full value of that parameter is received. If it set to .5, half the value is received. The only adjustment I’ve made to these in default is roll for me is set to a minus because in fs2020, the parameter is reversed, left is right, right is left.

Range is what you set for each parameter to suit your game and rig in mm or degrees depending on the parameter. So if you want yaw to be 20degrees (and your rig practically has the capacity to achieve 20degrees) then you input that range in. If the game goes to 20degrees but you have an in gain of 0.5, presumably you only get to 10 degrees.

For out, this shows the live value of the data in game after gain, range and filters have been accounted for. You can’t adjust these, it just shows your final values. Anyway that’s how I understand. Hopefully not too far off the mark.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  18. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,203Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,181 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    That's it...

Left gain is for the received value of the game, before filtering
    Right gain is after the filtering
    Range is the limits you want for this pose (not for the rig), you can add more than one pose to the rig so what reaches the rig might be more than what you define in that module (unless you use only that pose module).
    To limit the rig, you set the rig limits in the rig module
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Grucho

Grucho Member

Balance:
    240Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0
    Hello. So i finally got the 2x60 sabertooth. I successfully managed to connect 2 arduino uno via wireless and to share between then the orientational data from a bno055 sensor.

Now, from my understanding, with the code found on this forum sps_8.2_softstart i can control one sabertooth per arduino. So i need 2 arduino uno to control 3 motors And divide the motors between 2 sabertooth. On top of that i need to modify the code to workout the math. How can i do it?

Basically from my understanding i need to repartation proportionaly the power between the 3 motors to move the sphere in the desidere poistion. Here is a scheme of the theroy and some pics showing the prototype.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pierre Lalancette

Pierre Lalancette Sir Lalancelot Gold Contributor

3D teacher
    Balance:
    7,683Coins
    Ratings:
    +884 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    • Agree Agree x 2