1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. PeterW

PeterW alias Wickie

Dipl. Ing. Mb (FH)
    Balance:
    1,609Coins
    Ratings:
    +361 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi Roller
    I cant give you a solution, but I can say that I tried a lot to get more turbulence feeling (on msfs20). I tried it with adding random noise to heave and it felt great. But it is allways constant on and also present on ground - so I left this solution.
    Also I tried all kind of filters to get more heave at the first centimeters (or inches). But I was never satisfied with the solution.
    @pmvcda said, that in a future mover-version we will be able to mix and adjust even more than today. So hopefully we will be able to improve the turbulence-feeling that I love so much.
    Wickie
  2. Roller2525

Roller2525 Member

Balance:
    217Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I thought of trying that solution but based on altitude..

Hopefully @pmvcda releases an update soon..
  3. myheadhurts330

myheadhurts330 New Member

Balance:
    45Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I have spent the weekend on this and, other than being able to get my platform moving, the rest of this is beyond me and my eyes are bleeding. I don't need fine tuning, I just want something that is close enough at this point. Does anyone here have a 3dof (I have the DOF Reality H3) who would be willing to share profiles for DCS, IL2 and Elite Dangerous? If it is something you put a ton of work into, I am willing to pay for them.
  4. kparkin

kparkin Member

Balance:
    254Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    There are a couple of profiles in the online files share in Mover
  5. myheadhurts330

myheadhurts330 New Member

Balance:
    45Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    None of them apply to 3DOF and my games unfortunately. I tried a couple of the 6dof ones but couldn't adapt them properly
  6. hexpod

hexpod http://heXpod.xyz

Balance:
    7,099Coins
    Ratings:
    +337 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Some news from X-plane 12 creator :

“OK that’s AIR and WATER, but let’s get back to something we THOUGHT was boring, but actually is not: TIRES!
    (Funny side-note: I just took my Tesla model 3 in to get a nail taken out of the tire, and the guy at the counter looked at the tires, then looked at mileage on the car, then looked at me with a blank expression: “We have NEVER seen tires this badly in need of replacement after only ten thousand miles. NEVER. We have literally NEVER seen such a case of tire abuse and wear.” My response: “No surprise! I’m always under a G of acceleration, a G of turning, or a G of braking!” Tire-guy: “Well now you’re in for a G of tire replacement cost!!!”)
    So tires operate under harsher conditions then we give them credit for, and both the tires and their suspension is worth simulating well!
    So here’s what we have:
    In version 11, the TIRES in X-Plane were infinitely stiff.
    The X-Plane 11 tires were like this guys:

All the defection on landing came from the STRUT.
    So when the plane sat on the ground, just the bottom of the tires just TOUCHED the ground.
    It made the airplane look like it didn’t WEIGH anything.
    Like it was a BALLOON in the SHAPE of an airplane.
    We need to sink the tires INTO the ground a bit to make the airplane look like it has some WEIGHT!
    So how do we do this?
    In version 11, there are 2 values to enter in Plane-Maker for gear deflections: Deflection at empty weight, and deflection at gross weight.
    Those will continue to work, but now we have a bit more options and control.
    In Plane-Maker, as finalized by me a few minutes ago, the UI looks like this:

See the new info?
    First, you enter the tire PRESSURE: Plane-Maker uses this to estimate the load on each tire to establish the ground attitude for the airplane.
    Then you see the TIRE ONLY-COMPRESSION AMOUNT: That’s how much the TIRE AXLE settles down as weight comes onto the tire.
    This is how much the tire is compressed by the aircraft weight.
    You then enter how much weight it takes to get this deflection, before the STRUST starts moving!
    So, really, this tire-only compression weight is the strut pre-load!
    It’s how much load we have when only the tires is squished, and the strut is just about to start compressing next!
    Then you enter the strut deflection at gross weight and the damping constant if you like, as always.
    Or just un-check the manual boxes and let me give you some decent estimates… the plane will handle just fine!
    Now if you are an artist making airplanes, here are the datarefs you want to use to compress your gear:
    For the TOTAL deflection of the system: "sim/flightmodel2/gear/tire_vertical_deflection_mtr"
    For the deflection of the STRUT ALONE, NOT THE TIRE: "sim/flightmodel2/gear/strut_vertical_deflection_mtr"
    So this is interesting because the "sim/flightmodel2/gear/strut_vertical_deflection_mtr"will be LESS THAN "sim/flightmodel2/gear/tire_vertical_deflection_mtr", by the amount of the tire deflection!
    So if you use "sim/flightmodel2/gear/strut_vertical_deflection_mtr", you will get ONLY the STRUT ITSELF, NOT THE TIRE… and that will cause the tire to be buried underground a little bit, giving a pretty basic little render of the tire deflection itself as it flattens under load! Cool.
    The NEXT thing I wanted to get right was the incredible gear dynamics of the A-330.
    Here’s how that works:
    The A-330 has an Eagle-Claw landing gear system that is NOT just for looks: The AFT TIRE is indeed pushed down WITH THE FORCE OF THE MAIN STRUT, but thanks to the lever-arm of how it’s hooked in there (the “pitch trimmer”), when ONLY the AFT TIRE of the craft is in contact with the ground, there is maybe HALF the load on the gear per inch of deflection. You see, the pitch-trimmer bar is set up so that for each FOOT of aft tire compression as the plane lands, the main strut might only deflect HALF a foot, so the that aft tires is EASIER TO DEFLECT! This makes REALLY smooth landings possible: On touch-down, with the aft-gear-only in contact with the ground, the gear has only about half the stiffness of the fully-settled gear, making really smooth landings possible! Then, once the front tire is in ground contact, the pitch-trimmer bar goes SLACK! THIS is what’s so weird: Once BOTH tires are in contact, they each have the SAME LOAD on them, and the spring constant DOUBLES, because foot of tire deflection is a foot of strut compression! So this pitch trimmer bar causes the first half or so of the gear feel to be very very soft as only the aft tire deflects, and then get twice as stiff when both tires are settled, and still manages to keep the same weight on each tire! SO super-smooth landings should be possible! And, indeed, the last time I flew in an A-330, I paid special attention to the landing, and sure enough: Settling that plane down was like getting into a soft lazy-boy chair: The initial contact was basically too soft to feel, and then force came up to a bit more of a solid feel as the plane settled.
    See the layout here:

See that first frame? The gear force is really low there, and ditto that for the second frame, because a FOOT of TIRE deflection is only HALF A FOOT of STRUT COMPRESSION!
    Coming down to the bottom row, with all tires settled, the ‘pitch-trimmer’ is now out of the picture, and the full strut force is brought directly to bear on the airplane!
    AND this gear design unlocks another secret: Lower TAKE-OFF speed!
    HUH????
    Yep.
    During take-off, as you raise the nose if you want a really short-field take-off, the lift from the wings is NOT YET ENOUGH to lift the airplane totally, but there IS enough lift from those wings to lift the airplane up onto its’ tippy-toes!!!!! That wing lift gets the airplane up onto it’s tippy-toes (frame 1 in the picture above). So the plane is sanding on the AFT TIRE, and THAT means the airplane is sitting TALLER! TALLER! That lets you (wait for it) RAISE THE NOSE MORE WITHOUT STRIKING THE TAIL!
    Yup. The plane sits taller on that extended aft tire, so you can raise the nose more without a tail-strike.
    And THAT gives you the ability to get off the ground QUICKER in a pinch! A lower take-off speed!
    I’m not kidding!
    It looks like this:

Wait no sorry I mean it looks like this:

The A-330 goes onto tippy-toes on the short-field take-off to raise it’s nose more without striking it’s tail!
    TRY IT IN THE SIM!
    If you try to raise the nose TOO SOON, it won’t work: The gear will stay FLAT! Not enough WING LIFT to go tippy-toes!
    If you try to raise the nose TOO LATE, it won’t work: The plane will fly as soon as you raise the nose!
    You have to bring up the nose at JUST THE RIGHT SPEED to see this work.
    With the right trim for the CG of course!
    Can you do it?
    X-Plane 12 ain’t messing around: This is all first-principles stuff: Do it in the sim and you could do it in the real airplane!
    OK these vertical loads are all well and good, but flying the new Piper Cub we now have, with it’s silly TUNDRA-TIRES, I still feel like we can do even MORE to have fun:
    C’mon: How do you look at this airplane and not want to take it off-road?

The TIRES in X-Plane have always been POINT-LOADS: The bottom of the tire footprint was tested against terrain to find the contact elevation.
    But this was a TEEBY BIT WRONG: It meant that when going over GRAVEL or other rough surfaces, the elevation of the ground under the tire kept CHANGING as it rolled over the uneven terrain! Does this SOUND correct? Well, it isn’t: Because with a bug, huge, squishy tire, we don’t just care about the EXACT elevation right under the CENTER of the tire! No! We want the AVERAGE of ALL the terrain under that BIG, SQUISHY tire footprint! And, when taking that big AVERAGE, we get a MUCH SMOTHER RIDE!
    So, I just coded the tire model to find the AVERAGE terrain elevation within the (possibly-huge) tire foot-print, so all the gravel and sand and little bumps are all averaged and smoothed out by the big huge tires! So now, the bigger the tire, the bigger the footprint we average over for terrain elevation, and the smoother the ride over bumpy terrain! Just like the big tire on the real airplane! With this math, I finally understand WHY the bigger tire is better!
    Something to keep in mind when sizing tires for X-Plane (and real airplanes as well!)
    So the tire vertical forces, with awesome eagle-claw landing-gear for tippy-toe take-offs and lazy-boy landings, with distributed terrain interaction for a smooth ride on the comically-oversized Tundra-Tires is all great, but VERTICAL load is not the only thing we need to think about here!
    The NEXT thing we need to look at is something we got into at BETA as we used X-Plane to simulate ALIA (Google them) Brake-fade!
    In reality, the brakes on any airplane are TINY compared to the total aircraft weight, so they are pushed to the absolute thermal limit on a max-effort stop.
    And at Beta, as we flight-tested ALIA first in X-Plane and then in reality, we wanted to be sure to get every detail in the sim perfect! And this includes how long the BRAKES can work for taxi, possible rejected-take-off, and landing. So we now simulate this: In Plane-Maker, you can now enter the maximum SPEED TIMES WEIGHT that the brakes can absorb!
    After that: Brake-Fade! X-Plane carefully tracks that energy being soaked up by the brakes in taxi, DIFFERENTIAL BRAKES FOR TURNING… EVERYTHING.
    X-Plane won’t fail to notice every bit of braking you do. You can’t cheat the system.
    If you ride the brakes in taxi, or are rough with differential braking for turning, you will arrive AT THE RUNWAY with the brakes very possibly at or near their thermal limit, before you even start the take-off! If you then have a rejected take-off… well… you can’t alway get you want. OR what you need.
    When I coded this brake-fade into the sim and first tested it, it felt EXACTLY like the brake-fade I once had in a Corvette on the track… and once that happens to you once, it’s one of those things where you NEVER forget the feeling.”
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. dureiken

dureiken Active Member

Balance:
    1,182Coins
    Ratings:
    +165 / 2 / -0
    Hi guys
    is there a new version (I have 3.5.3) with an autorun of Virtual Tracker ? I have to open the window each time I launch my profile.
    Thanks !
  8. daz_bike

daz_bike New Member

Balance:
    - 25Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Thanks for the info. I'm using MSFS 2020 and keen to support XP12 hearing about stuff like this. I would like to feel the nose wheel touchdown after the main wheels. In MSFS when landing an airliner I get the Heave effect (vertical accel.) on the touchdown of the main gear but not when the nosewheel touches down. The plane seems to register only one point of contact with the runway. XP12 sounds like it may have better flight dynamics and physics realism like tyres here but MSFS2020 will still hold the graphics of the outside real world. Good to have choice and competition.
  9. hexpod

hexpod http://heXpod.xyz

Balance:
    7,099Coins
    Ratings:
    +337 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Oho, did you tried the CoR in Mover ? You can try to shift the position of the pilot’s cabin couple of meters forward from the CoG (I suspect COR and CoG being same or similar thing in FS 2020): This should simulate what you describe as a missing effect.
  10. daz_bike

daz_bike New Member

Balance:
    - 25Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I haven't actually. I'll give it a go. Thanks
  11. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,210Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,185 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi,

Sorry for being away so much time, had to disconnect some time to solve work and personal problems.
    Had to concentrate on those to have a clean head for leisure.

So I'm back this week. Will read the posts.
    3.6 is still not working as it should and missing some parts. I'm now diving in it to have a new release as soon as possible.

Thanks
    • Like Like x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. wyh0607b

wyh0607b New Member

Balance:
    173Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Hello, the source file of war thunder is abnormal. Can the new version be solved?
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
  13. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,210Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,185 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Yes I will look at it.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Zeeflyboy

Zeeflyboy New Member

Balance:
    107Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Don’t apologise for putting your needs first!

Glad you are ok, look forward to your next release too when you are ready. All the best!
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Shadow

Shadow New Member

Balance:
    23Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, when I use X-Plane as source in FlyPT Mover, the source doesn't connect automatically when X-Plane is launched even if the checkbox is checked, I have to disconnect and re-connect it manually every time. The automatic connection works well with AC and ACC. Am I missing something ?
  16. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,210Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,185 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I'm aware of those problems.
    Everything is redone in 3.6
    I'm still missing the XPlane source update (and some others). But I think it will be solved.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Shadow

Shadow New Member

Balance:
    23Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, thank you for this amazing software anyway !
  18. Roller2525

Roller2525 Member

Balance:
    217Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Great to see you back @pmvcda I hope you are well!

Could you look at implementing effect for DCS to emulate weapon dropping effect as discussed a little earlier?
  19. Rolo F

Rolo F New Member

Balance:
    221Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Hello!!

Would like to ask for some help.

I have a rig with 4 actuators.. not those hexapods like most of you have.. and I use it for racing (I also understand that most of you use the rig for flying)

BUT...

Long story short I NEED flypt... why? because is with the only software that I can set up the belts as I want!!! (It has those sweet filters that make this thing move really beautiful!!)
    Can someone guide me on how to do this?

I have the Thanos board with SRS, but for the belt, I have this for the Belt:
    https://www.xsimulator.net/communit...o-mega-for-aasd-15a-and-similar-driver.14421/

Seems easy, but somehow, I can't make it work, I have a mess with what I should add and set up...

Any kind soul that could explain me... like I was a 5 years old boy?

Some kind of guide to what add and how to setup? I have a belt driven belt (not an actuator) similat ro this one (look at pics):

https://forum.virtualracing.org/threads/sfx100-erweiterung-belt-tensioner-gurtstraffer.124914/

Massive thanks!!
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
  20. GWiz

GWiz Active Member

Dentist
    Balance:
    1,460Coins
    Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Hi Rolo, The first thing you need to do in FlyPT is to ensure that you can connect and control your belt. If you right click on the Mover window and add Output, Serial - Fill in the values with the ones in the post you have linked but change the COM port to whatever your PC assigns.

Then right click Mover again and add Direct, Simple. Change the Actuator Key to whatever is included in the Arduino sketch for the belt - possibly a1 - It should correspond to both the Output string in the serial output as well as the arduino sketch itself.

Hopefully when you move the Actuator slider in the Simple Direct window your belt will move. If not, then the communication to the Arduino must have a wrong setting.

If you can move it with the slider, then you can set up a Source in FlyPT (game on your PC) and decide what the belt responds to - such as Value for Actuator - Longitudinal acceleration. You need to tick the source on the Simple Direct window for it to connect and also tick the source window to connect when the game is running. Note that you can't usually manually move the slider after you tick the source.

There are various settings that can be adjusted if your belt moves but not over it's full range or too quickly or slowly.