1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant here. Do not following these rules will lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
  4. All new posts and threads should be written in English. Please do not create dual posts in other languages. If you are not a master of the English language you can use an external service to create a translation of your words, for instance, Google translate or DeepL.
    Due to low activity, we've also closed the french section.
    Dismiss Notice
Dirty

Digital Combat Simulator (DCS) - Experimental plug-in v0.08

This plug-in exports vehicle accelerations and vehicle angular rates.

1. Dirty

Dirty Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

All the way up front.
    Balance:
    4,166Coins
    Ratings:
    +415 / 1 / -0
    So, I understand that you DO get motion, just not very much. Correct?

Have you made any changes to the Export.lua file? I mean here:
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-06 um 21.13.05.png

Assuming you made no changes, then you will get exported accelerations in Gs and angular rates in °/s.

Typical max/min values for the kind of aircraft you fly in this video could be:
    Roll: ±180 [°/s]
    Pitch: ±90 [°/s]
    Heave: ±8 [G]
    Yaw: ±90 [°/s]
    Sway: ±1 [G]
    Surge: ±1 [G]

I see in the video you posted that you have very high Min/Max values. Could you do me the favor and try to set these min/max values I posted above and tell me if It makes a difference.
  2. Dirty

All the way up front.
    Balance:
    4,166Coins
    Ratings:
    +415 / 1 / -0
    Dirty updated Digital Combat Simulator (DCS) - Experimental plug-in with a new update entry:

Version 0.07 available - Export via callbacks. Prevents conflicts with existing DCS add-ons

Read the rest of this update entry...
    • Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. hannibal

hannibal Active Member

Balance:
    3,612Coins
    Ratings:
    +214 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, 6DOF
    I would love to drive a fan. i have been using gamedash to do that..
    anyway to bring IAS to send data to gamedash? i have no idea where to begin...
  4. Demosux

Demosux Love when my ass moving with pixel. Gold Contributor

Technicien audio-visuel
    Balance:
    116Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Thank you and value1 for this gem. It's the best plug i have used. Never my sim has been too accurate! I can make 360° in yaw, and its fast as love. Ty again for your works.

But
    Just a little question, (maybe no-sens) but, it is possible to have this plugin (wich provide angular rate, very usefull for yaw in my case) and keep in the same time the positions of a classic plug? In order to reach (with angular rate) a position (in pitch or roll for exemple) and stay in the final position if i dont touch my controllers. When i fly to the ground at 90° i would like my sim be in the same state. But obviously, not angular accel, no move, and the sim stay parrallele not prependicular. Maybe a config? to choose pitch roll without accel and yaw with accel for exemple? or i understand absolutely nothing? XD tx
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  5. Dirty

All the way up front.
    Balance:
    4,166Coins
    Ratings:
    +415 / 1 / -0
    That's possible, of course. Actually if that is what you want, then I would recommend using the original plugin and only modify the Export.lua file it creates to export yaw rate instead of heading. Let me know if you need help doing that.

Just be aware that if you do it this way, I think you will get back all the unwanted artifacts that I was trying to avoid with my experimental plugin:
    - Platform roll will increase with bank angle up to 90° and then decrease as you approach 180°.
    - Platform tilt will increase with pitch angle up to 90° and then decrease as you go through a loop.

It is possible, but are you sure that is what you want?
  6. Dirty

All the way up front.
    Balance:
    4,166Coins
    Ratings:
    +415 / 1 / -0
    Hey :)

Sorry if I can't be of much help with that. I have absolutely not clue about SimTools or how it drives motors. I was just assuming that if you can move an axis according to an exported value then it should be possible as well to make a motor spin at an RPM according to an exported value.

I can try to add GameDash support to the plugin, but since I don't know exactly what GameDash even is, I am struggling to understand where to start... :sos

I guess I will have to look into GameDash....
  7. Demosux

Demosux Love when my ass moving with pixel. Gold Contributor

Technicien audio-visuel
    Balance:
    116Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Niiice, i want angular rate in roll and yaw, and angle for the others. With smooth filter, the "artefact" in pitch it's not really a problem. I think your solution is the best anyway, but i want to test a mix. I didn't know how to make it. I see that and i come to you if i can't do anything, thank you for your help !
  8. Dirty

All the way up front.
    Balance:
    4,166Coins
    Ratings:
    +415 / 1 / -0
    Dirty updated Digital Combat Simulator (DCS) - Experimental plug-in with a new update entry:

Version 0.08 available - Downloaded Zip file now finally compatible with SimTools' Plugin Updater

Read the rest of this update entry...
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1