1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Are YOU a NEW MEMBER? Introduce HERE!

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by fermevc, Jun 20, 2009.

1. tadythefish

tadythefish Active Member

Process automation engineer
    Balance:
    676Coins
    Ratings:
    +95 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    ahaa ok everything is much more clearer now :) hope the beta is going to be done soon i can't wait :)
    as for the rig ... i would like first like to build the electrical part so i know everything works and then we are going to start building the mechanics :)
    me and my friends already have a race station, so it's not going to be hard to modify the seat and install some wiper motors :)
  2. A320Tony

A320Tony New Member

Balance:
    - 15Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Because I am working in Turkey althought I am Spanish and is not easy to find electronic components .

I am planning to built it using: * Arduino and *Motormoto Shield for the two wipermotors.

I have three doubts:
    - Regarding software will be enough with the new SimTools software?
    - Will be any incompability with FSUIPC running in Flight simulator X?
    - Why most of the projects I read they are using two computers?
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes simtools will run ard and moto shild.
    Should be compatible
    2 PCs mainly to adjust motion profiles, but you can do this on one pc, just minimise the game to see the tuning centre

If you plan to build, please start a new thread and we can help you there.
    Cheers, David.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. A320Tony

A320Tony New Member

Balance:
    - 15Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thank you David!
  5. tadythefish

tadythefish Active Member

Process automation engineer
    Balance:
    676Coins
    Ratings:
    +95 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    another newbie question ... i saw that the simraceway plugin just came out (that was fast btw :) ) now i would like to sak you guys how to add the plugin to the extractor. i tried several different aproaches but it does not pop- up in the select plugin menu :( please help
  6. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,158 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Completely close both the game manager and the game engine. In the Simtools directory look for and start "Simtools_PluginUpdate.exe". Then drag the plugin zip file over to the drop box in the center of the window. Done! Plugin is installed. Close Simtools_PluginUpdate.exe and start Simtools game engine and Game Manager. Do not forget to patch the game from the Game Manager screen.

You can read more about how to do this process by looking at the quick start guide found here:

http://www.xsimulator.net/simtools-quickstart/
  7. gifter123

gifter123 New Member

Balance:
    256Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    Hello, I am on my way hopefully to a diy motion-simulator, I hope i will be able to accomplish that with the help of some experienced members. I hope i can finish my sim and the more can then help others.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Brighton

Brighton Member

Balance:
    221Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor
    Hi Guys can you plz help me for this. If i connect the sabertooth 2x12 and kangaroo together with Usb Adapter, in the Simtool Game engine interface options what i am gonna choose? i can see in output USO: JKR 12bit,
    JKR 7bit
    JRK 12bit
    JRK 7bit
    SIM axe
    Thanks
  9. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    no worries, just ask as you need to
  10. benmax

benmax Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,551Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi new member happy to join this community
  11. Historiker

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,158 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    Welcome Benmax!

Do you have a plan for a motion platform?
  12. benmax

Balance:
    1,551Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Yes , I want to start with 12v motors and arduino
  13. Historiker

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,158 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    Lots of good information on using the Arduino here, I use it with my platform as well.
  14. RacingMat

RacingMat Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    20,890Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,083 / 21 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Welcome Benmax!

My Arduino code can drive up to 4 DOF and Historiker is planning up to 6 DOF!!! which is full Simtools potential!
  15. benmax

Balance:
    1,551Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi RacingMat,
    Thanks for answering.Will contact you if need some help!
  16. John "Chuck" Marvick

John "Chuck" Marvick New Member

Balance:
    517Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  17. John "Chuck" Marvick

John "Chuck" Marvick New Member

Balance:
    517Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Igor and other members,
    I too am new to this motion simulators business. I am very interested in adding motion to a couple of Hyper stimulators I have happened apon which still need some assembly. I don't do much sim racing now but miss the years I spent racing karts and am looking for some way to renew my interest that doesn't require me to drag my gear to hot outland places in Southern California. I belive that for a sim to give you the real feel and trill of diving it must have motion. So here I am here hoping to find a way to acomplish this without spending thousands of dollars. I am an architect by trade but my hobie and first love is making furniture so building the rig and other attachements is no problem. I don't have much experience with programing or electronics but I still believe that if the knowlege is out there I can find a resonable solution. I appears to me that the cost of the base components will not be that prohibative its just about finding a source and learning the require expertise to put it together. I also don't have much experience with searching forums or sharing using this platform but I'm willing to give this a try.

Oh and my freinds call me Chuck and the former Croation spelling of my sir name was Marovich, by the way my gradfather married a Surb he met here in the US back before the split. So I guess I'm ready to take this journey.
    So now a technical question why did you decide to use 2DOF with viper motors?
  18. Historiker

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,158 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    Welcome Chuck, good to see you here.

There are lots of examples here of everything from seat movers to full motion sims.

As to Igor's post, that was back in 2009 ;) He meant "Wiper motors" not "Viper Motors". Wiper motors are car windshield wiper motors. Good for simple seat movers but not enough "umph" for full motion sims.

My 2DoF platform uses 12v winch motors to move me, the controls and monitor, etc. Noisy but fun. Others are using bigger worm gear motors at both 12v and 24v. Some are using hydraulics, others pneumatics, etc. Lots and lots of choices.

Electronics include controllers like Arduino (I use that), SimAxe (Picaxe), Kangaroo, Pololu JrK, etc. Again, lots of choices.

Just take a look through the forums and see what looks good to you and then start planning. Everyone here will help you, just ask. ;)

Simtools will be released soon, it is a great tool for motion platform. Many of use have been beta testing it and it is a great piece of software.

Again, welcome to XSimulator.net.
  19. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have attached a pic of a suggestion for making a frame underneath, then sitting this on a pivot with motors at rear.
    Best use 12v boat winch motors for that.
    I use 12v big worm gear motors and JRKS, but the frame is lighter.

Attached Files:

20. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Sorry Extractor does not exist in Sim Tools mate, thats the wrong software our plugins will not work with the other software and as I know we have the only working Simraceway motion plugin for free software. Please use SimTools only here.