1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

| 2DOF Seatmover | 2 x Transducers |...

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by CQeNS, Oct 4, 2018.

1. CQeNS

CQeNS New Member

Balance:
    50Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Just wanted to share my build for any anyone who is thinking of building their own seat mover. This was such an awesome project! I have not completed anything of this magnitude before, but I learn a lot along the way! This forum is a deep well of information but sorting through can be a bit difficult, especially with some builds and information that is a bit outdated. Many thanks to the active members on this forum that provide constant support!

For this first phase, I tried to keep welding to a minimum and used 2x4s for most of the construction. The plan is to keep things flexible for future experimentation, expansion, and keep initial R&D costs down )

General rig build info:
    PGSaw 25:1 180w motors
    HP ProLiant DL380 575W power-supplies
    BOURNS 6639S potentiometers
    JRK 18v19 motor controllers

Transducer setup:
    2 x Auras 50W
    MEAN WELL LRS-200-24 powersupply
    Sure Electronics AA-AB32971 2x100W Amplifier
    2 x USB sound cards

Product of all the sufferings)

35.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  2. CQeNS

CQeNS New Member

Balance:
    50Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    We all got to start somewhere )
    3.jpg

I really like my driving potion, so I tried my best to recreate all of the measurements, pedal, seat, steering wheel height.
    4.jpg

I went with a 2 x of Flange Yoke as suggested by someone on this forum. Putting U joint together was not as easy I thought it would be, using proper tools would have made this part of the project much easier. I don't own a welder but have access to one, so for the initial version of this project I decided to bolt things together and get it working first. The threaded rod helped a lot with front to back flex in the brackets.
    7.jpg
    8.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  3. CQeNS

CQeNS New Member

Balance:
    50Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I used a project box to house the JRKs mounted on Nylon spacers, and ran dual 60mm fans to move the air over the JRKs. I also soldered the wires directly to the boards as terminal blocks are only rated for 16 A.
    15.jpg 14.jpg

I soldered all the necessary pins together rather then running multiple connectors
    11.jpg
  4. CQeNS

CQeNS New Member

Balance:
    50Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    This bracket was perfect thickness and spacing was a hair over ~55mm, exactly what I was looking for
    12.jpg

I was able to pinch the gearboxes on this 2x4 on both sides, this setup seems to hold up to the abuse so far. I went with QA1 Precision Products NFR8 rod ends, and used wheel nuts instead of conical spacers.
    13.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  5. CQeNS

CQeNS New Member

Balance:
    50Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I decided to go down the wrap route.
    18.jpg
    Was lucky to find this suede like material for the "dash") Came out really nice.
    24.jpg 19.jpg
    Built a little enclosure for all of the electronics in the back
    21.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  6. CQeNS

CQeNS New Member

Balance:
    50Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I spent a few hours on the simulator before tucking all the wires away, and decided to expend this first part of the build and go for the bass shakers setup. I felt like I was close to what I wanted out of the setup, but something was missing, and for me it ended up being the missing bit.

I mounted one in the lower back area, and the second one right underneath the pedals
    27.jpg
    All of the business in the back ) I already have the 3rd JRK motor, TL is somewhere in the future, but at the moment this will do!
    31.jpg
    35.jpg
    • Like Like x 7
  7. Halloween2go

Halloween2go Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,407Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hi, Great build by the way. I am looking at adding more transducers to my RIG. I have a single buttkicker gamer mounted to the back of my motion platform now, but wanted an opinion on the 2 x Auras 50W
    and your Sure Electronics AA-AB32971 2x100W Amplifier. My question is - if you mounted those Auras in the front of your rig (that's what I am planning to do btw) would they have enough power to simulate curbs etc..
    If you have a chance, take a look at my rig.. here https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/full-frame-2-dof-traction-loss-new-build.14740/
    Thanks! D