1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Yoda Scanner

Discussion in 'Yoda - ForceFeedback Scanner' started by charlypro, Oct 8, 2008.

1. charlypro

charlypro New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello can some budy give me an hand, I cann't scan any game with yoda thank you.
  2. mboRacing

mboRacing Member Gold Contributor

Automatiker
    Balance:
    - 131Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Hello Charlypro

Please give us a little bit more informations. First: wich Games you wann'a play? What steps did you made?

:cheers:
    Martin
  3. charlypro

charlypro New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I try to play Need for speed underground2, street, most wanted, I try with GRID, but any of those work I open the Yoda connect in other PC remote yoda I click capture then I run all those game but no even one give me some informations so if you can help me I will be so happy thank you in advance.
  4. mboRacing

Automatiker
    Balance:
    - 131Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Hello Charlypro

I'm not shure about the nfs series - sirnoname or egoexpress played this games already with there simulators, so perhaps they can post there Yoda files here!?

For the Games Dirt and Grid it is easy - first you have to change the config file: own files - codemasters - Grid - hardwaresettings - hardware_settings_config.xml. You can open this file with the editor and change this; <motion enabled=false ip=127.0.0.1 port=20777 delay=1 to <motion enabled=true ip=127.0.0.1 port=4123 delay=1

Now you start the profiler and the Force-Sender with the NeedForSpeed Plugin (Dont forget to give the Sender the IP of your profiler, if you dont have them at the same computer), the game and you will get the data's. No yoda need :D

EDIT: Of course, the LiveForSpeed Plugin :blush:

Martin
  5. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You mean LiveForspeed !!!!! :yes:
  6. charlypro

charlypro New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    All Right thank you for yours help I will try in grid then I will wait for some budy give me an hand in the other game Need for speeds thank you.
  7. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    It's quite hard to help if the only information you give is, that Yoda does not work on your pc.
    Please describe every step you make from beginnng.

-Yoda Version?
    -On which pc are you running Yoda and Yoda remote?
    -describe your approximation

Btw, I dont have NFS MW installed anymore. So I cannot check it. But I am sure that the problem is within your configuration, so please describe it as clear as possible with NFS MW.

Regards
    Christian
  8. charlypro

charlypro New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am using yoda2 in an Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66Ghz 2GB Ram PCI Express 512 MB video card and the remote yoda runing in an Core 2 Duo 2.00Ghz, 2GB Ram and 256 mb video card, but sirnoname talk me that I need install josting with FF I have one regular cheap logitech, but also I have the G25 logitech but I didn't try with that yet so I will try with that then I will let you know thank you.

Charly
  9. charlypro

charlypro New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I find the problem was no josting with FF installed I try with the G25 logitech then start to read the effect from game, but I try with make run grid with liveforspeed plug and all the time in the plugin say game paused so grid I cann't make work any help let me know thank you in advance.
  10. mboRacing

Automatiker
    Balance:
    - 131Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Grid: do you have the force sender with the plugin and the game running at the same computer?
    EDIT: Try to change also the config in the Game directory (same parameters: Programms-Codemasters-Grid-System-harware_settings_config.xml)

11. charlypro

charlypro New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes Sr I have the game and force sender in same computer I did the change in the settings_config let me know what else thank you.

Charly
  12. mboRacing

Automatiker
    Balance:
    - 131Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Oukay, let me refresh: you have the game running at the same computer as the force sender, the force sender is ok with the LiveForSpeed Plugin, the button try to send data is active, you have changed the TWO config files to enable motion, changed also the port adress to 4123 in these two files and you've got still the message game paused while you are driving a car into grid?

Martin

EDIT: Could you post some screenshot's, post the config files, anything that can help - at this moment i have no idea what you can done wrong else :(
  13. charlypro

charlypro New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi here are my setting in the grid file and one print screen of the sender you can see always is paused and I did all that you say thank you.

Charly.

Attached Files:

14. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Please consider that Yoda is a Force-Feedback Scanner, and the Force-Sender LFS-plugin and LFS-outsim do output game-memory offsets.
    These are different approaches to get game data.

The LFS plugin is totally off-topic in this thread, as the topic title is Yoda Scanner.

To keep it on topic here, we should try to find out, why Yoda2 is not working on your system. Is Yoda1 working on your system?

Once again, please describe your steps, with X-Sim and NFS MW!
    Number them (1,2,...)!

1. Starting Yoda
    2. ....

If you wont give us more info, we cannot help you.
  15. mboRacing

Automatiker
    Balance:
    - 131Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Hello Christian

Yes you're right, the tread was splittin up to two problems, but the problem with grid is perhaps already done, i will test this tomorrow.

@Charlypro: You've never sayd that you are playing only a demo version of grid. PERHABS this is the problem, i will test this tomorrow if the demo version give the data's out. And sorry that i ask once more, but did you changed now the 2 config files from grid?
    Martin
  16. charlypro

charlypro New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Christian

The yoda2 is working now but when I start the post I say that the Grid didn't work and Martin talk me change one file in the grid that I did but now Martin you say that I have to change 2 file let me what exactly I have to change thank you I attac my grid page with file changed but only one.

Charly
  17. mboRacing

Automatiker
    Balance:
    - 131Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Hello Charly

I have downloaded the Demo of grid and did the test. It work also with the demo. And as you know now, you dont need Yoda for the latest codemaster games (Dirt, Grid). You have only to change one file to make it work, forget the other thad i sayd. But you have to know there are two config files: one in the Game directorie and one in your own data directorie (same name, same look). The change of the file in the game directory doesnt have an effect! So be shure you pike'd the right one (or change bouth ;-) )

Martin
  18. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0