1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Xbox360 - a way to simulate?

Discussion in 'XSimulator Q&A/FAQs - Outdated' started by Stevolution, May 31, 2011.

1. Stevolution

Stevolution New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi.
    I am working on a full F1 3DOF Rfactor simulator plan - and will post my progress. Just started trying to work out all the hardware/software requirements :eek:

On a different subject... my Xbox360 f1 2010 game (that I never use)... I know you can't obtain the data from the game to actually reproduce the motion required.
    But, in theory... could you have a platform that gave you positional feedback, based purely on the actions of the accelerator, brake and steering wheel?

By which I mean, the platform tilts L/R according to the wheel (and then self-levels even if the wheel is not turned back), tilts forward under braking (and again self-levels even if you are still pressing the brake) and the same idea for acceleration.

I know its not true 'sim', but coupled with the force feedback output coupled through the actuators as well (to provide some added rumble)..

Just a thought
    Steve
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Yes it's not possible yet to get motion data directly from consoles ... And where is your wheel connected...? you basically answered your question ... :)

You can setup something like DERIY did to get some kind of motion ... but it will result in my opinion in very innacurate motion feeling like we can see on the vids ...

Bleco
  4. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Moving a chair with the input devices will result in wrong motion, inaccurate cues and IMO it will be worse than driving without motion.

When the car is not moving and you press the brakes, you will go forward. If you twist the wheel, you will tilt. There are just so many scenarios you would get wrong feelings.
  5. X-ID-Sim

X-ID-Sim New Member

Balance:
    - 29Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do the xbox and PS now work with motion simulators yet?
  6. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As far as we know, and someone correct me if I am wrong, only commercial dbox simulators run with consoles, not x-sim.