1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

X-sims Math setup ?

Discussion in 'XSimulator Q&A/FAQs - Outdated' started by MSK, Mar 12, 2012.

1. MSK

MSK Member

Balance:
    53Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

To give you guys the background, I have 6 hydraulic actuators that I would want to control with X-sims. I have a hexapod structure ready for assembly.

My progress:
    - X-sims2 downloaded and installed (using single PC currently)
    - Force Sender can detect X-plane and extract data from it and transmit it over network.
    - Profiler is receiving those data and displaying them.
    - 6 axises are set in the Math section (not really configured till now)
    - Using USO for output. Using Arduino Mega 2560. Receiving data from the profiler :) (COM Port 7)

What I am still struggling to comprehend is the MATH SET UP. :eek:

This is a 6DOF platform that I am assembling. What I do not understand is , how do I tell X-sim about my specific hexapod ? I mean, I got it that just by declaring 6 axis, I have informed X-sims that I will be using 6 actuators. But how do I have to set up the plugins for X-Sims to do the magic of controlling them as it should be controlled for providing motion cues ?

Honestly, I failed to find any resource to help me on that bit. Is there anyone willing to help ?

Regards

MSK
  2. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    Hello, do you know how to use the force profiler for a 2 or 3dof? Do you know the logic behind the axis? This question just for understand if you have some practice with X-SIM.
    If not so you need to read the X-SIM manual (you can find it in this site), you can find great basic information about the profiler, the sender, yoda ecc.

If you already know the logic behind the use of the force-profiler so maybe you can find interesting the Spider plugin about the 6dof project! it let you to do some complex calculation about the 6dof axis behaviour and let you to use c++ to customize your 6dof axis behaviour routines.
    You can find this plugin in the site too!.
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  4. MSK

MSK Member

Balance:
    53Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I have not used X-Sims before for anything. What do you mean by the logic behind axis ? All I know from the manual is that for 6 servo or actuators, I have to select 6 axises. I must say, although the manual of X-sims is helpful, its not complete. It assumes that the the user already knows how the whole thing works in the background.

I have been reading the manual like a priest reads his Bible...lol. As I stated, X-Plane to Force-Sender to Profiler to Arduino works. But I have no clue how I can use it to control my hexapod/stewart platform.

I would like to know about the Spider plugin you spoke about. Where do I find it ? Is there any guide to using it ? Before I began my project, I thought that X-Sims can control it, but now it looks like X-sim is only good enough for 2/3dof things.

Appreciate your help

MSK
  5. MSK

MSK Member

Balance:
    53Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Thank you for that, I already downloaded that month ago. I went through it, but it does not answer my question :(

For my 6 DOF system, I dont see any benefit in using that guide. But I will go through the document to understand atleast the common parts between your and my set up. As I said before, my progress:

-> X-plane to Force Sender
    -> Force Sender to Profiler
    -> Profiler to Arduino

The only problem is the MATH SET UP. I really dont see how the thing works. How I have to set up the MATH part for it to give me outputs for the 6 axises. :(

Regards

MSK
  6. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,463Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,318 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    Here you can find the thread about the Spider Plugin: realfeel-and-6dof-math-plugin-t1997.html.
    With the Spider Plugin it should actually work with >3 DOF according to SirNoName.

And here you can find how to search the forum: the-search-function-is-malfunctioning-t3675.html
    ;)
  7. MSK

MSK Member

Balance:
    53Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks that was kind of you. :)
  8. MSK

MSK Member

Balance:
    53Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Well, I just thought that when someone takes the trouble to build such amazing things like X-Sim, they would take the trouble to be geeky about it too. But I respect you guys and and honestly thankful that you are sharing it with the world. :) If I can get my platform to work, and if its possible, I will contribute as much as I can towards making it better.

By the way, can you take a look at this post : http://www.x-simulator.de/forum/new-cad-section-t332.html#p37595

I dont know if its possible, but when my assembly is done in CAD (Catia), I have no problem in working towards turning it into a 3D plugin for the world to enjoy.

My project is building a Steward Platform. I have the base, the top platform, the actuators, universal joints ....everything. Currently assembling them. Having some assembly issues, but that I can solve , just a matter of time.

My hydraulic system is operated with 6 valves that open fully at 10Volts, and close at 0Volts. I am currently trying to implement ARDUINO here. If I use the SPIDER PLUGIN, would it be possible for me to code it in a way that upon receiving the game values , the plugin calculates appropriate output to send to the arduino for individual axises ? For example:

Game values = 0
    Current position:
    A1 = 0
    A2= 0
    A3= 0
    A4= 0
    A5= 0
    A6= 0

Game values = something
    Change Position using formula X,
    Result:

Current position:
    A1 = 2
    A2= 5
    A3= 6
    A4= 7
    A5= 3
    A6= 2

And this would go on and on in a loop or in a way that I can produce motion cues.

I liked the spider plugin thread. Should I post my questions regarding using it over there ? or is it a dead thread ?

Thanks

MSK