1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

'X-Sim - SimforceGT' Porsche skin for GTR2

Discussion in 'Virtual Racing League' started by Tom Theison, Apr 29, 2007.

1. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Who's permission do I need to convert this skin to rFactor? I run rFactor much more often than GTR2 these days, and would like to represent the community as well. DONT WORRY, I'M USUALLY GOOD FOR A TOP 5 FINSIH... ;)
  2. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,840Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Should be no problem to convert Tom´s Skin. The X-Sim logo belongs to the community. But it would be fair, if you don´t´t convert it 1:1 and when you modify it a little bit. Than it is your own ceative work and you can write down your name under that artwork ;)

That means: Go on and do it. Just notify Tom about it...for fairness!

regards René
  3. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
  4. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Can someone point me to any existing hi-res X-Sim and SimForce logos, etc... I'm thinking of making a McLaren, Megane and Saleen versions also, and since they havent already been made, I cant just convert them so I'll need the artwork if it exists.

Also, if anyone has any cool logos and car artwork that they would like considered, please pass that on also.

Thanks,

Bernard (bvillersjr)
  5. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    There is not much X-Sim artwork available still. Wixi made a few logos some time ago. Unfortunatly they are low res.
    X-SIM Logos.zip
    Feel free to change color and design to your needs, or even create new X-Sim logos and artwork.

Regards
    Chrsitian
  6. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,840Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    I prefer that you use the blue x-sim logo. Imho it looks cooler :D

Here, it is in higher resolution:
    xsim_logo_blau.jpg
  7. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    At one point, Tom shared his PSD files. However, the links are not valid. Does anyone have these PSD files? Also, does anyone have any higher resoluition X-Sim artwork? With the files that I have collected so far, the results will be marginal at best.

Also, for the first iteration, I have decided to stick with the traditional green / grey and white X-Sim color scheme. Sorry to dissapoint anyone. However, since the idea of this skin is to create interest in the community, and make people ask what X-Sim is, it seems reasonable that that the car matches the other X-Sim stuff as closely as possible.

Also, since this is a community skin, I have decided to keep it minimalistic. This helps the X-Sim logos to really stand out, and also make it easier to modify to your taste. I will be releasing the PSD files including wing, body and windows when it is complete, along with a tutorial that will help those of you that dont know how to put your name and number on the car.

Thanks,

Bernard (bvillersjr)
  8. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    No, I dont have more X-Sim artwork. Neither low nor high res.

Thats why I do hate external links. They're all dead when you need them again :(

Some time ago Tommy bought a Frex SCM, and moved to the Frex forum at rsc.net.
    Dont know if he is willing to help anymore. Guess not.

I do not have the psd file. But anyway, why not making a high res logo on your own?
    Or zoom a low res logo, and redraw the lines. Or cut it out then with the lasso tool, and fill it with ink.

Use whatever color you like. As you can see in the forum header the X is blue, and on the X-Sim.de page, the X is green. Its up to you, green or blue, does not mind to me :cheers:

Regards
    Christian
  9. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I was hoping to avoid the custom artistry. I'm more of a technical person that an artistic person. To give you some idea, I am a technology consultant. I enjoy making skins, but my limitations begin to show when custom artistry is needed. However, I think I've worked it out now. I should have a preview of the PCC07 Porsche ready in a day or so.

Bernard (bvillersjr)
  10. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
  11. mboRacing

mboRacing Member Gold Contributor

Automatiker
    Balance:
    - 131Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Hello Bernard

I know it's not realy this tread, but perhabs you can help me easyli. Can you convert the file from Wixi (only the X-SIM text) to a dxf Vectorfile? It's to crate a sticker to a real Race Car...
  12. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Meinst du so?
    logo_low_groß.JPG
    (Nur low res Beispiel, weil man .psd Dateien nicht hochladen kann)

Aber mit dem .dxf Format hab ich Probleme. Ist das nicht ein Autocad Format?!

Schau mal auf der PS Homepage, welches Format dir alternativ zusagt.

Gruss
    Christian
  13. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Btw, Wixi offered me to make stickers for us. Example for free, and then 1m² for ~45-55€.

Regards
    Christian
  14. mboRacing

mboRacing Member Gold Contributor

Automatiker
    Balance:
    - 131Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    The DXF format is an old autocad format. Normaly used for Vektorgraphiks. I can do Stickers myself (CutPlotter). I can do a normal text or import a vektorgraphik. Cutting Programm is SignGo. Think it looks better with a little graphik then a simple text, but it work also...
  15. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    And dxf is the only format your cutplotter accepts?
    Hmm, perhaps somene could convert it with autocad.
  16. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Rfactor skin thread continues here
  17. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I'm not going to say that it is impossible, but it is improbable. I looked around to see if anyone has made a Jeff Gordon #24 skin for rFactor, and was surprises to see that noone has. I'm guessing that it is because of NASCAR's licensing issues, and the fact that Jeff Gordon has officially licensed his own PC Game. All of this makes the Jeff Gordon car in rFactor extremely difficult to accomplish.

With regard to what looks like a BMW X5 in your other picture, I havent been able to find a mod for rFactor that includes that vehicle, so I cant replicate the vehicles appearance until someone does the CAD work to get the vehicle into the game etc..

Sorry to dissapoint you, but I'm guessing thats why noone responded the last time that you asked for help with this.

Regards,

Bernard (bvillersjr)
  18. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    No, it is not neccessary to use a X5 or to use NASCAR pics. Sirnoname just asks for some pics which are able to represent g-forces and collision, with cars which have an X-Sim painting.

Btw, I think the big X-Sim .psd logo, which Wixi digged out, would fit on the Porsche doors and hood better than the SimforceGT logo.
    It would be way more representive, than the SimforceGT logo. I know, would have been better, if you would have received the logo earlier..

Regards
    Christian
  19. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

Once we get the Porsche worked out, I'll make a McLaren. The mcLarens are much easier to paint nicely in rFactor. That Porsche template has alot of design issues in my opinion. After we have a few X-Sim logo'd vehicles, I can run some races against AI X-Sim cars and upload some screen shots to choose from.

Regards,

Bernard (bvillersjr)
  20. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    In case you are accepting requests, I'd really would like to have a BMW with a X-Sim logo someday. Its my favourite car. Well not the fastest one, but I like to drive it 8)

:cheers:

Regards
    Chrsitian