1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

X-SIM Race Event TODAY Server and race details

Discussion in 'Virtual Racing League' started by RaceRay, May 29, 2009.

?

Which track do u wanna drive at 06th June?

Poll closed May 30, 2009.
  1. Nürburgring Nordschleife

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. Monza

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Monaco

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Essington

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Mid-Ohio

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,958 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hi,

we decided to drive mid Ohio. That´s a really great track, very nice textures and a clean and easy to drive course, suitable for beginners as well as for advanced drivers.

Later at the x-sim release event we can decide to drive some other courses e.g the nordschleife but there are a lot of issues to drive on a short track for the first time, especially when there are only a few guys on the track.

Details of race:

• Date: Tomorrow CEST +2 at 6. June 2009
      [*]Time: 16:00 to 24:00
      [*]Game: rFactor
      [*]Track: mid Ohio, Nürburgring Nordschleife
      [*]Cars: Renault Megane, McLaren F1
      [*]Servername: X-Sim launch party
      [*] IP 96.11.180.198

You find the server in the rFactor server listing menue

Download tracks and cars:

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cf ... cup%202008
    http://rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID ... r%20Course
    http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cf ... 0Challenge

or:
    http://www.simxperience.com/XSimRelease ... fault.aspx

It´s a open game, so everyone is invented to drive with us.

Thanks to bvillersjr for offering the game server :cheers:

regards
    René
  2. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Re: Which track do u wanna drive at 06th June release party?

I would propose Mid-Ohio (The top rated track on rFactorCentral.com), Essington, and Nurburg Ring(comes with rFactor), Essington (comes With rFactor), Mills Metro Park (comes with rFactor). Any tracks that do not come with rFactor can be downloaded and installed from this web page: http://www.simxperience.com/XSimReleaseParty/tabid/184/Default.aspx

I will be offering a free version of the SimUpdates software that will help you to automatically install the required cars and tracks for this race soon.

This brings me to a more important subject than tracks....CARS. I have tested many different mods with rFactor. The mod that has the most accurate geometry is the McLaren F1 mod, and because they produce excellent g-forces, it is nice with the sim as well. Another excellent possibility is the NAGT series mods. I have tested the BMW mod, and I believe that a mistake was made in the front end geometry that causes the g-forces to be inaccurately reflected :(

I will be also making the cars available for download from the web page this evening as well. If anyone has any other suggestions for cars, please speak up. Most of the default rFactor cars are terrible, so I suggest we use some kind of mod (add-on) cars.

:cheers:
  3. Ringorumble

Ringorumble Active Member

Balance:
    190Coins
    Ratings:
    +48 / 1 / -0

The Nordschleife with 10 -15 men is like partying in a 2000+ people hall with 20 people, really boring after 10 minutes. Just my 2 cents ...
  4. el_txus

el_txus Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  5. pointer4

pointer4 New Member

Balance:
    296Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Mid-Ohio or Nordschleife vote+ ! :D

ohh, i forget the car :D
    - Derby challenge, not a real car but fun, and experience to drive!
    - Historic GT & Touring Cars Capri 2400 or 3100 catergory.
  6. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,958 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:

I edited the poll to add some tracks..to bad, due to it all polls were cleared, so i beg you to poll again.
  7. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

From the link above I am downloading this Nordschleife track. Sounds German. The Germans have big love for motorsport. Also have Michael Schumacher. The 7 time world champion. My little brother is a big fan.
  8. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

I added the track Mid-Ohio to the test server based on the vote and the fact that we have little time left to practice. You can download the Mid-Ohio track from my website (http://www.simxperience.com/XSimReleaseParty/tabid/184/Default.aspx) or from rfactorCentral. It is important that we all have the same version of the track. I see that only about 8 people have connected up to the test server, and that they were using a variety of vehicles.

We must decide on a vehicle soon so that we can have a fair race. Again, I am suggesting the McLaren F1 mod, which you can read about or download here: http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=McLaren F1 Challenge

If we would like to use slower more stable cars for the first race, then I would suggest the very popular Megane EuroCup 2008 Mod, which you can read about here: http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Megane Trophy Eurocup 2008
  9. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,958 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:

Hi,

i tried the McLaren F1. With deactivated driving aids i got problems with that car. At least i need little bit traction, otherwise that car is undrivable for me...or i need only more practice :rofl:

regards
    René
  10. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

The server allows Low-ABS Brakes & Low-Traction Control as well as auto-clutch. Try upping your rear wing to 10, your front wing to 1, changing to soft tires (no tire wear enabled on server) and lowering the front and rear of the car both 2 clicks. I found a couple of setups on rFactorCentral that I posted here. They aren't that bad if you increase the wing on them. I posted the setups at my website: http://www.simxperience.com/XSimReleaseParty/tabid/184/Default.aspx
  11. pointer4

pointer4 New Member

Balance:
    296Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Yes yes!! ++++
    It's a great mod ! :yippiee:
    The makers (SIMCO) do the 2009 Megane mod already, and one of their paintings were so superb that they made use of it for the real car. :yes:

Attached Files:

12. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

Here is the link to learn about the Eurocup Megane 2009 Season: http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Eurocup+Megane+Trophy+2009+Season However it is NOT available for download, so we would have to use the Megane EuroCup 2008 Mod, which can be found here: http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Megane Trophy Eurocup 2008

We need to make a decision on this soon so that I can prepare the server. Also, these Megane cars do not produce the same level of G-Forces as faster cars so we will probably want to make up specific motion profiles for them.
  13. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
  14. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,958 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:

Wow, want to see a real x-sim painted car on a racingtrack...where are the grafix designer ? :D

@Bernard I suggest to start with the megan track, but you should install all mods, cars and tracks we discussed here...
    With the new chat system, i hope it is possible to arrange and switch quick between any tracks or series.

regards
    René
  15. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

It is OK to install them all, but we still have to decide on one so that the server can limit the allowed vehicles. If I don't limit the vehicles, then someone can join the race with a McLaren and run circles around you in your Megane car. All dedicated servers have pre-determined which vehicle will be supported for this reason.

There is no way to switch series without temporarily taking the dedicated server offline, making config changes and then bringing it back online!

I will install the Megane Mod tonight and limit the server to this vehicle.
  16. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

The server is now setup to allow the Megane EuroCup 2008 cars only. I updated my website so that race participants can download the Megane 2008 series of vehicles, as well as the tracks. I finally found the correct version of the ring, and I will get it online tonight.

I have no interest in running a track that large in EuroCup cars because the have such a low top speed,etc.. I hope that some of you will reconsider your choice of track and re-vote now that we have decided to use the slower Megane vehicles.

Here is the link to the page mentioned above: http://www.simxperience.com/XSimReleaseParty/tabid/184/Default.aspx
  17. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

I do not think that your link is to the correct version of Nordschleife. Here is the link to the award winning version: http://rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Nordschleife The Ring 2007

Please let me know which version it is that we want on the server. The one that I linked to above is ranked second place just behind the VLM version of Mid Ohio. Just like the vehicles, the tracks must be set on the server ahead of time.
  18. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

How will the new chat system help to facilitate this? Does it interface to rFactor somehow?
  19. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,958 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:

I don´t know...have not seen the new community software yet, was only a thought...

I updated the first post...the decision had do be done. Hope everything is fine.

Btw. The time difference between usa and europe sucks :(
  20. Jerry Atrick

Jerry Atrick this is my sim Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    1,414Coins
    Ratings:
    +44 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    So when is the next race?

Jerry