1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

'X-Sim - Porsche skin for R-Factor

Discussion in 'Virtual Racing League' started by bvillersjr, Oct 19, 2008.

1. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Hi Bernard,

Lets clear up the issue :D

- X-Sim is the simulator/gauge software
    - SimforceGT is our Frex derivate (but its just one of multiple projects. For example Thanos project is called joyrider)
    - X-Sim Force is just a composed word and does not represent anything

You suggested to use a painting in representive colors. I am suggesting additionally to use recognizable terms as well. SimforceGT is a term that is most likely just known by X-Sim insiders.

So its preferable to use X-Sim as the main logo, and keep its original design. Once X-Sim is more established, divergating design can be used as well. But imo, for now we should use the logo as it is in the forum header. But you are free to add words to it like racing, like you suggested in one of the logo examples above, or other colors.
    But the other logos like SimforceGT could be added in a small version.

Here is the green seat you've demanded. It is acutually a jpg converted to .psd, in order to remove the white background. Resolution should be ok.
    SimForceGT_Beta3_green.zip

Btw, I do have some artefacts on all Porsche cars. Is this probably a known bug?
    rFactor 2008-10-20 02-41-48-45.jpg

Thanks for your efforts.
    Christian
  2. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    That makes more sense! Thanks for the explanation and the seat. Also, I do not experience the Porsche glitch that you uploaded the picture of. My guess is that one of the files in the C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\PCC07 folder is corrupt. I would try to re-install the mod, or possibly download again and then re-install the mod. Re-installation will not alter the X-Sim skin.

Regards,

Bernard (bvillersjr)
  3. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Yes, the fonts are custom made, because we dont want to add licensed material in X-Sim, due to copyright issues.

But I dont see a problem to change colors. There is a tool in PS which replaces a color with another, in respect of the color shades of the original file. I've used this tool to make the red seat green ;D
    Farbe ersetzen.JPG

Regards
    Christian
  4. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I've been struggling to come up with a design that I feel looks good on a car and incorporates the current X-Sim logo. Unfortunately I'm not coming up with anything that I am pleased with that incrporates the seat or the logo. Frankly, I dont think either of them look good on a car, but that's just one mans opinion.

I'm going to recreate the car as depicted in ego's jpg, and package it with a windows installer to simplify installation and move on to the next vehicle. Hopefully I'll have some better luck there.

Regards,

Bernard (bvillersjr)
  5. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

I forgot to mention that there is a FREE tool called Paint.Net that you can download that will allow you to make quick edits to a DDS file and save it in a DDS format compatible with rFactor / GTR2. This is not the appropriate tool for creating a skin, but is great for quick edits, Number changes, adding your name, etc..

-Bernard (bvillersjr)