1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

X-Sim & LFS

Discussion in 'Virtual Racing League' started by fermevc, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    as this.
    Important is what deep inside

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,958 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    LFS are naming their current and previous main releases with S1 and S2...maybe thats the definition of something like "Sequel1, 2,.."
    So S3 is the logical sequel.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. prodigy

prodigy Burning revs

Balance:
    6,698Coins
    Ratings:
    +399 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, AC motor, SCN5, JRK
    I have installed few weeks ago Richard Burns RSRBR2014 version, with all track packs and car pack it got to more than 30gb, but I was nicely impressed with all the content made for it but most important how the modding for this game is still going on. It's unbelivable that no one made the game that has reach that level of rally model and realism with todays possibilities in graphics and much more powerful CPU's that could handle more extensive physics that RBR had 10 years ago.

I mean, I know why, today everything is made for masses, that's why RBR never made big, same as rfactor, same as LFS, it's hard game and it has it's aimed public but never got that big and popular as the Codies games and all the Need for speeds and similar stuff.

But it's crazy that we still don't have a Rally simulation today.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    We do have new and updated Rally games. Unfortunately the company that has the rights to World Rally Championship (WRC) is not terribly supportive of their own game. They seem to dump it on the market and start working on a new version. WRC4 came out recently, which you know as we have spoken on the topic ;)
  5. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    I called new LFS licence S3, what I'm waiting so mush with new and more realystic tyre physics, dynamic weather, etc.
    Actually I don't prefer arcade games and good looking racestuffs, because I don't care graphics and how is the sun shining realystic. What I really like is driving a real car. The racegames are very good fun with friends and voice chatting during races, but I have no time for that unfortunatelly, but I like GTR, GPL, GTL, rFactor series, iRacing. Race 07, Grid and actually like all of them. I love roll in any case, just my life is shorter than drive them all :)

I use motion rigs to practice, that's why so important a realystic physic to do that. The LFS the best for that (my personal oppinion).
    René has right, It's a shame that development seem to be paused or stopped developing Live For Speed. That could be unbeatable (as it was...) on market so far, and I love it so much. They've got many awards in past.

I care only the pure driving really. I use LFS to be better and better, and put this experience to the real situations on a real racetrack. It'a a passion of me. I like real cars actually, and I training myself and I wanna improve my knowledge of this.
    That's why I build motion rigs for LFS. Looking for the best simulation all the time.
    I have a lot of experience about custumers too, because many of them has been sitting in my rig during two years of it's public testing. Sea of people tried it in 10-12 ours daily for two years... Lot of work, lot of oppinion, constructive criticism, and many-many satisfied costumers. But it is only the past now.
    My stepson is a rallycross driver in the hungarian championship and won it last year the adult categorie in he's second year. He's only 16 years old and training a lot in motion rig and you believe or not it is working very well with LFS. We can say many thanks for LFS to reach this level. He is better and better. The our goal is to reach national races where Solberg's driving. LFS has prooved a lot. It is the best way to practice cheaper and safer.
    There are few drivers more with this knowledge in hungary on the same way, became pro's and beat real racers on the real tracks easily :)
    That is my experience, thats why I prefer LFS more than the others. iRacing is newer stuff to say any oppinion, but looks very good as well, I know that

But that's what I told, no any problem with other stuffs, just I haven't found any better yet for practice, even LFS is old and undeveloped already.
    I think this oppinion has place here in LFS tread :)

I'm an old fox, so LFS Forever :)
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  6. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    Yeah, we haven't got any other rally simulation yet (I hope we will have any soon)
    The truth is that a unique, professional simulation never will be so famous as fashion stuffs, because the mayority of people can not drive well at all. They can not drive as a racedriver, thats why even won't like good simulation because they have no any sence to enjoy real situations. Never won't like them, because it's so hard for an ordinary people... They choose need for speed to get some fun...
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  7. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    as said, its for sales, not for realism for most games these days.
    At this stage in games, its what we have. If you want realism games, the older ones it is. They are pc based.
    Im going back to have fun now........
  8. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    "as said..." :)
    What a funny guy you are... Don't pick up my words seriously
    My English is rough enough to take me not seriously, I do not want to offend anyone.
    And I even don't understand everything very well what you write in your native language to give me such an answer like this.... I'm hungarian, not english. I learn english by myself and translate a lot by google unfortunatelly... I'm not malicious to anyone, It can be a lot missunderstandings as well.
    Sorry if I annoy you, believe me I respect you, respect everyone here, just thinking different like you and I can not express myself very well like you. It's normal I think. Differents things are important for me like others. But I'm a human being as you... The world is perfect because of otherness.
    I do not criticize, just have a personal oppinion. I write something about me and post oppinions and have conversations (like this... :) )...
    Don't be sarcastic like that, but You know what... Be sarcastic, be your ownself

Have a nice day Dave
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  9. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    I hope my english is clear and bright as a blind window :)
  10. ericRacer

ericRacer You get old because you stop playing ! Gold Contributor

Pilot
    Balance:
    989Coins
    Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino, Motion platform
    And....Assetto corsa ?
    for me it is my preferred choice !
  11. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    I've been heard about it a lot, I'll try it and I will test it when I finished my SCN5 rig's renovating.
    It will has the third axis by traction loss and got some tasty parts as well like sec-shifter, hidro-handbrake, etc...
    I will introduce it in my SCN5's tread when I'll finish :)

But, anyway... I'm an old LFS fun, so LFS FOREVER :)
    You just don't know what is the good stuff :p
    :)
  12. ericRacer

Pilot
    Balance:
    989Coins
    Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    " What is the best racing simulation ? " :rolleyes:

This question is very common and often starts a long debate about this issue.

The goal here is not to start a debate because it is often a matter of personal perception, experience, hardware and especially a lack of feeling "Seat of the pants"

My goal is simply to share a very interesting link that I found to be a personal idea of the physics behind several video games.

You will find a lot of information missing for AC but I imagine there are a lot of resemblance to his brother NKP.

good read :cool:

http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Comparison_of_racing_simulators
  13. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,461Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,318 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    To fire up the discussion and to throw oil on the fire: I think the best simulation is rFactor due to the great physics and the biggest amount of cars and tracks available. From pure physics and state of the art graphics, Assetto is clearly my favourite :grin
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Historiker

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    I have to agree with Value1, rFactor has good physics but what really makes it shine is the overwhelming amount of content available due to the modding community. I am very much hoping that Assetto Corsa grows to fill the niche that rFactor used to have. Even though rFactor's graphics are dated the game is still going strong due to the above mentioned factors (pun intended).

In the flight sim community there is a parallel in IL-2 1946, the game is very old by computer standards and yet the modding community is keeping it alive and it is still, arguably, the most popular flight sim out there. And this even though games with much better physics have been release with eye popping graphics.
  15. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,568Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    I would have to say Game Stock Car myself. It uses gMotor also which is the same motor rFactor uses. However, they have greatly improved on the physics over rFactor imo and seem to get more and more out of the aging gMotor with each new release. And with both GSC and rFactor I have about 50 different tracks to race on. But all the SimBin titles I have tried are pretty great as well!
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    I've just started testing mentioned games. Rebuilding of my rig has finished, so time to test it with that proposed sim games.
    I'll try WRC4, Dirt3, rFactor 2, Assetto Corsa, F1 2013, etc. iRacing in progress.
    Let' see what we've got in the market.
    I'm very excited how they works with nVidia 3D Vision 2 Kit. Time to feel distance and deepness.
    Anyway, I'm affraid that my oppinion won't be change at all about LFS :p
    But this is my personal thing, you right guys:)
  17. Historiker

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    Unfortunately WRC4 does not, yet, have a Simtools plugin but the others all do. I am sure you will love them. I have been getting seriously addicted to iRacing lately but nothing beats Dirt2-3 for sheer fun. Assetto Corsa was supposed to release their multiplayer build a couple of weeks ago but that has been delayed until next week or so. Once they have it look me up and perhaps we can have some online racing! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ericRacer

Pilot
    Balance:
    989Coins
    Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC multiplayer is released ;)
    :grin:grin:grin
  19. Historiker

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    I know! But unfortunately I have my rig disassembled in preparation to move it to it's new home. :(
  20. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thats where you need a desk racer, its small compact and easy to set up, and yes, one can run your size. Just need 50:1 gearboxes on the big worm gear motors. 25:1 runs 110kg easy.
    • Agree Agree x 1