1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

X-Sim & FPP Shooters

Discussion in 'News' started by Skaut69, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am doing my sim form very beginning as a multi-sim base. I thinking about car-sim, flight-sim and all FPP games.
    My point with this became from D-Box motion platform advert. They have those tree types of sims (and movies) on theirs list. With FPP it is only two of them: Crysis Warhead and Battlefield 2 but still that some point of view. I mean if they did that with them two that maybe it is possible to make that with the rest of them or do this in the future.

I really think that motion sense in FPP games will be something amazing - it only depends of how many of those motions can we get from game. Probably you know about this 3rd Space Gaming Vest - they focused on fillings getting from bullets hitting you or blasts around you, or take a look on all guns/controllers with force feedback - they are for motion sense coming from games to make you fill more natural in that what surrounding you.

I think that if X-Sim can do this - then he should`t be only for car-sims and flight-sims. We also have Video Plugin - which is part of complex idea of Multi-Sim.

Can you please share with me about yours points of view on that subject.
    Regards Peter.
  2. ebinary

ebinary New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am also interested in FPS games with x-sim. I'll be doing my part to try to get the Unreal Engine talking with x-sim, but I need to finish building my 6DOF simulator first :)
  3. ebinary

ebinary New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Speaking of unWheel... anybody know about the unWheel telemetry export script that was created at some point?
  4. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Maby CryEngine has additional code for future motion platforms - because D-Box is using it or something from this engine to getting some reactions on theirs sim/chairs.

Is there any chance to find out about support for motion platforms on the engine (CryEngine) or maby there is a way to read that straight from the game.
  5. ebinary

ebinary New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wrote the author of this Unreal Telemetry post, but he is not at liberty to give away the script, because he wrote it as a contract project for InMotion. I have asked him for some direction so that I might create one for x-sim.

Eric
  6. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No....nothing yet. I am still looking for someone who played Crysis on D-Box chair. Maybe there is another option - just to find force feedback in the engine. Lot of controllers using this in Crysis.