1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

X-Sim 2.1 Step By Step Instructions

Discussion in 'Force-Profiler Simulator Control' started by tmod2441, Aug 7, 2009.

1. tmod2441

tmod2441 New Member

Fabricator
    Balance:
    455Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello. I am a complete newbie at this sort of stuff with a little knowledge in circuit components etc. I have just finished the AMC1.5 and HBridge boards. Everything seems to be working perfectly. However, I have been following Tronic's video guides and noticed he was using version 1.8 of the Profiler. This seems to be completely different from the 2.1 thus I am at a loss as to what to do next e.g. cable connections, profiles etc. I have searched the forums for any updated instructions for the latest version but have come up empty. I am REALLY excited about moving on to the building of the frame work but am afraid to do so if I can't get the motors working. Can anyone help. I feel like a 5 year old asking questions to college proffessors here so please forgive my ignorance. Thanks for any help you can provide!!!!
  2. tmod2441

tmod2441 New Member

Fabricator
    Balance:
    455Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does anybody reply to these posts or am I out of luck getting any help? Thanks again to anybody who can profide some help here.
  3. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Be patience my friend... Someone will reply!

All questions have been already answered in many posts... The hard is to locate them.

I don't know when I will publish some new instruction videos (updated with 2.1)... I don't have much time to edit them and upload them. If you follow the instructions that already exist on the x-sim2 manual, its the same method of setting axis and forces profiles, only difference is that you use USO module, not synaptrix...

Thanos
  4. tmod2441

tmod2441 New Member

Fabricator
    Balance:
    455Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you VERY much. I have gotten up to this point and have read for weeks throughout all the pages searching for answers. In some cases I did find an answer but interpreting it proved to be quite difficult. Kinda like talking to a doctor. I sometimes have a hard time understanding the lango. But just knowing that there is still hope is enough for me. I will keep pressing on and read more on the Profiler 2.1 version. Who knows maybe it will finally click with me. THANKS A BUNCH.
  5. tmod2441

tmod2441 New Member

Fabricator
    Balance:
    455Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Update. Went for a test run and this is what I got. Upon reaching around 400 on the LCD the motor attempted to turn but just clicked as though it didn't have enough power and the Green LED barely came on and sort of flickered until I went beyond the 400 reading and then the motor stopped. When I went back to the 400 reading the same thing occured. No reverse action. Any ideas anyone...ANYONE? I have posted some photos regarding the power supply I'm using to the DSMhb. DSMhb PS Output_sm.jpg

Attached Files:

6. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, on the 3rd photo that shows the DSMhb, it seems that two of cooling stripe pieces are touching to each other... they should not touch at any case!!! This will cause short-circuit, and probably kill the mosfets...

Did you tried the other h-bridge?

I have never had to use computer PSU on my DSMhb so I don't know how the computer PSU reacts on way that h-bridge returns to the source some of the power!!!! Some PSU have load sensing circuits to prevent that!!!

The only PSU unit I ever used was an 24V /400W one from surveillance cameras (Switching Power Supply)

Thanos
  7. tmod2441

tmod2441 New Member

Fabricator
    Balance:
    455Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you VERY MUCH for the quick response. I am getting very anxious to see it in action. As for the MOSFETS I do know the screw heads are indeed touching. I will fix that today. As for the PSU I think I had read in an earlier post that you were using these but then switched to the car battery for their capability to handle higher loads. The wife isn't to happy about the car battery in fear that it may leak acid. Couldn't convincer otherwise. So now I am looking for othe alternatives. Any suggestions? In the mean time I will do some more research on this topic. Thanks again!!!
  8. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

The cooling stripes should not touch those that are next to them no the one that is in the same row. I use a single screw to hold both cooling stripes in the same row. They sit on the same potential and they don't short-circuit...

I indeed used computer PSU's but on my old BS2 interface that I used commercial type motor drivers (HB-25 from Parallax). Even then I had switched to Battery long before I design and use the DSMhb!!!!

I would never use normal car battery too!!!! I have wooden floor and it could mess with it!!!! Instead the battery I have is 100Ah Sealed Marine type!!! Look at TUDOR for model TC07

Thanos
  9. tmod2441

tmod2441 New Member

Fabricator
    Balance:
    455Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Many thanks once again for that rapid response. I was just checking the web for switching power supplies as you mentioned but with no luck. I came back here to search the forums and here I am. I will do as you suggested and again THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! I know you must be quite a busy person and I truly do appreciate your time.
  10. tmod2441

tmod2441 New Member

Fabricator
    Balance:
    455Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm SO excited. Just received my parts to finish the DSMhb. Got everthing up and running and all looks good at this point. Thanks again to Thanos for the boost of confidence.

So now, I was wondering if anyone had a profile setup for FSX to use with Force Profiler. I'm assuming this is to be my next step (Connecting it all to the software). I did find one that Chris did but was designed for the SCN5. Could I still use it if I were using the wiper motor setup? When I loaded it in Force Profiler I received an Interface was not found. I'm not exactly sure what the exact steps are I would take to use when configuring Force Sender and Force Profiler.

One other note; I only have one computer; AMD64 2.7Ghz dual-core with 8GB of ram running Windows XP with SP3. (Used to run Vista 64Bit but had problems) Would I still need to get another computer or is it possible to use only this one. I understand it to be better to run the Profiler software on one and the game on the other but my funds are limited when it concerns purchasing another PC. I also understand that XP only recognizes 4GB of ram.

Video taken with cheap camera. Sorry about the quality.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3SQ3y9AHKU

I eagerly await for anyone who could help me out with this. In the meantime I will continue on searching through the forums for an answer.
  11. tmod2441

tmod2441 New Member

Fabricator
    Balance:
    455Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    With the help of R-eng I was able to connect everything with the software. I even checked it out with FSX and did not encounter in problems. One note however, using the suggestion from R-eng I am using an older version found here: download/file.php?id=169 from the download page. For a newbie it seemed to be the more appropriate choice so I hope for the sake of other newbie's like myself they will not remove the link to the older version. I liked the fact that other than figuring out a few selections in the software is that I consider it to be Idiot Proof and I DON'T mean to imply that any member here is an idiot only to imply how easy it was for me to connect to the software.

So now I am on to the designing of the chair itself and look forward to performing some tests with the wiper motors. Hopefully I will be able to post some photos pertaining to my progress. Thanks again to R-eng for his quick response and help!!!!

Attached Files:

12. wannabeaflyer

wannabeaflyer Active Member

Balance:
    970Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Nice Work and Great lateral thinking Love the idea of the Old PSU case :) great stuff

Attached Files: