1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

WRC 2010

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by egoexpress, Aug 8, 2010.

1. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3Fr7BUCKRc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAz64sD1vN0

What do you guys think? Is this more a simulation, or rather an arcade type game?

Regards
  2. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I think it will be closer to simulation, but they even said they have to make it accessible and playable for everyone. That means heavy drive assist options will definitely be present. It will be more realistic than DiRT2 just because of the WRC license, let's hope the physics will live up to the title too!
  3. mboRacing

mboRacing Member Gold Contributor

Automatiker
    Balance:
    - 131Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    I realy hope it will be more simulation. Dirt is drifting away from rallye simulations long time ago, also with the trailers of part 3. And also i hope there will be a interface for simulators ;-)

Cheers, mbo
  4. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,838Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,965 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    I think it will be more like dirt than RBR. They are developing for all platforms, PC, PS3, XBOX and in the making of they are only testing with a controller. I did not see any steering wheel and cockpit sight view, which is important to get a immersive impression of driving realism. Maybe that´s only a coincidence of time when the making of was done, but i think it needs too much effort and costs to create a realistic simulation that works well on all gaming platforms.

I hope i err :)
  5. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Did someone try to work with DEMO version ? I mean in case of motion code. Is there anything what might look like motion support ?
  6. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    I am quite disappointed with the WRC 2010 ingame video footage I've seen so far. Physics and grafics look bad, and the engine sounds are terrible IMO.
    The sweden stage rather looks like a bobsleigh track with textures on it, than a real landscape.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWmjoS4fflQ

Just my 2 cents...
  7. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,838Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,965 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    really ugly and the physics sucks...same as F1 2010...so both games failed...I am still prefering to wait for rFactor2 :)
  8. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I installed this title yesterday ...

spend a big 3 minutes on it ... Not even any in game wheel management options??

How could they release a racing game in 2010 without any good wheel support and no compatibility with triple monitor setups ???

I am getting tired of all the compagnies claiming to have 'the' racing game or sim ... Shift, F1 2010, WRC ... all in the same category ... They should invest in developing instead of marketing ... I will not get excited about any new upcoming title if the compagny behing is not Iracing, ISI or Simbin ...

Please ISI release rFactor2!!!

Bleco
  9. juliew9855

juliew9855 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Such a very amazing link!
    Thanks you for the post.

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    bleco, the sad truth is:

Marketing ensures increased profit. Development does not.

Marketing will always be more important to 80% of the companies today than the actual quality and functionality of a product.
  11. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi Frakk,

I know that ... but honnestly, a racing game in 2010 with such high expectation should have spend a little more time develloping at least a wheel option menu ... It's a strict minimum!

Bleco
  12. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    There is a reason behind everything. If they don't sell, there will be a reason behind that too...

Don't forget, the simulator community looks at these games from a totally different perspective than 80% of the market.

The wheel support would be the minimum, but that only applies to a % of the PC market. Triple screen support applies to an even smaller % of the PC market.

In the end, every company will put their efforts where they see the most profit. Can't please everyone, so they have to do what the majority wants.
  13. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0