1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Wiper Motors on Pollin.de: Valeo or Denso?

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by jakob, Sep 23, 2009.

1. jakob

jakob New Member

Balance:
    313Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Pollin has two different wiper motors in stock:

1. http://www.pollin.de/shop/shop.php?cf=d ... 3OTg4&ts=0

and

2. http://www.pollin.de/shop/shop.php?cf=d ... 3OTg4&ts=0

The Denso is much faster (120rpm) as the Valeo (65rpm). I guess, the Valeo has more torque because of its gear ratio. But is a 65rpm motor fast enough to kick the chair suddenly on short but strong FFB signals (crash or road holes)?

Sure, I could mount a longer lever to the motor to speed up the chair movement and make it more agile, but that would cost torque.

Which one would make more sense? Denso with a shorter lever, or the Valeo with a longer one?

Thanks,
    jakob
  2. R-eng

R-eng Member

Balance:
    28Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have used the Valeo motor briefly. It has a plastic gear inside and is fine for FREX or balanced Joyrider types. Anything else and you may wind up stripping the main gear during reversal. I have drawn about 8-10 amps from them under load, and they will run at 24v with double the rpm, but depending upon the duty applied, they may heat up a lot. Heatsinking them would help.

You would need to know the wattage of the motors to realize the actual torque outputs, not just the rpm. I must say that it does seem quite 'torque-y' and powerful when used with well balanced sims. I bought mine for $17.USD ea.

One other note, it is best to open them up and remove the circuitry to allow direct connection to the motor, otherwise you will have to ground out the wiper 'park' function. It also seems to run a bit faster with this removed, but I did not actually measure the rpm with it disabled.

See my post and the video link here:
    post17988.html#p17988

R-eng
  3. jakob

jakob New Member

Balance:
    313Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Oh, they also running with 24V? Pretty cool, because I have two nice 24V PWM amps. So I don't have to build tronicgr's h-bridge and can use them with my Velleman.

I don't know the exact wattage of both motors, but the discription says they need 3A in normal operation. 12V*3A=36W

Have you connected the motor power directly to the motor windings after removing the circuitry inside?

Jakob
  4. R-eng

R-eng Member

Balance:
    28Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The reason I say you may strip the plastic gear is because I have.

1) The Valeo draws ~2.5A under no-load conditions. My experience shows it capable of 120-150W of output at 12v.

2) Of course I have connected it directly...why else would I suggest it?

R-eng
  5. jakob

jakob New Member

Balance:
    313Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, misunderstood your previous post.

Thanks,
    Jakob
  6. 914tom

914tom Member

Balance:
    - 30Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sad me,

because of there are no tronico or valeo motors left in the pollin shop, so i also think of using the DESOS.
    what type are you using now ?
    does anyone have experience with the DENOS ?

My electronic is now ready, i need the motors next .

Thank you
    merry x.mast

TOM