1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Wiper-motor windings?

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by jakob, Oct 14, 2009.

1. jakob

jakob New Member

Balance:
    313Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I bought two 12V wiper motors. I've stripped the electronics inside, but it seems they have seperated motor windings - there are three collectors which are connected to the inner rotor. They are marked with 2,3 and 6.

Collector 2 is ground (it was connected to the motor body). But where to connect 12V+? To collector 3 or 6? Or to shorten 3+6?

motorcoils.jpg

Jay
  2. OscarH

OscarH Member

Balance:
    517Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi,
    Is that 3 and 6 not used for the slow and fast speed ?
    if you use a 12V power supply with limited current (let say 0.5 amps) there is no risk to try connecting pin 3 and 6 to +12Volt and pin 2 to ground. According to size of wire inside the rotor, there is no risk to have it burnt.
    You'll have to try it, not much we can do remoteley.
    Cheers
    OscarH
  3. jakob

jakob New Member

Balance:
    313Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. I've an adjustable power supply at work. I'll give it a try.

The motors dont have a connection/pin for slow/fast speed. There are three pins: Pin1=12V, pin2=ground and when pin3 is set to low (ground) the motor starts rotating. These pins are soldered to a pretty big SMD board.