1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

wind ! pardon me :-)

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by f1iceman, Oct 26, 2017.

1. f1iceman

f1iceman Why So Serious ? ( The Joker )

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    hi i have been having a move around with my rig.
    i have had a quick look at the wind simulation FAQ and was going to add it to my rig, what i really wanted to know is can this be done with the rc car electronic speedo and ardiuno.
    i did see someone bring this up but i got abit lost in translation ect looking....

basically i have about 20 speedos and arduino and if possible i am poss ready to get started i have also rc plane induction fans and poss speedos if i can find them.

i also have rc motor prpops i could fit to them.

has this been done with that kit at all.

thank you all.
  2. Zed

Zed VR Simming w/Reverb Gold Contributor

Balance:
    5,834Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    R/C car speed controllers just take the same 1-2 ms pulse width so you should be able to do it with an Arduino. Not sure how many steps you will get but Arduinos run servos all the time so I’m sure you’re good for wind.

Good luck!
  3. f1iceman

f1iceman Why So Serious ? ( The Joker )

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    I need to look more into the coding i did get an led to light n flash i coded myself
    Fairly new to arduino game but thought if i can work a few things out with the speedo n like i was thinking its just a servo it might work out like you say.
    Im gunna dig some stuff out tomoz if get time and get the motor/ fan running via rc way then look into arduino but coding to the speed in game i am bound to fall short.
    Silentchills code wont work well donv think it would.