1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Winch Motors?

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by boosted-lt1, Jan 21, 2012.

1. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Need to check that they are reversible on mine there was a rachet key that stoped them from reversing , so I just remove it and the gearing could spin both directions, some don't have this but I think @Historiker had a way around that but these look simular to the units that I first used in '09. Heaps of torque only issue was with power off they rolled back to the bottom. Easy to add a gear and 3 turn pot too or can be setup with single pots like this.

Partion the swear word this running xsim2 - they are noise too but it is sitting on a large empty box, oops.

In Action

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    grazie eaorobbie, preciso come sempre. valuterò bene le possibilità prima di acquistare :thumbs

Thanks eaorobbie, accurate as ever. I will consider well the possibilities before buying :thumbs
  3. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Just to add to conversation , Im investigating to use the Velleham K8061 which will allow us to control 3 sabertooths for the possibility of running 6dof simulator all of one controller, $95 bucks on ebay.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    è una bellissima notizia, ne avevamo già parlato con kevin che aveva trovato questa scheda.
    con un app dedicata sarebbe ottima per chi vuole realizzare 3,4 o 6dof con una sola scheda.
    Seguirò lo sviluppo con molta attenzione :thumbs

is a wonderful news, we had already talked to kevin that he had found this Board. with a dedicated app would be great for those who want to realize 3,4 or 6dof with one card.
    I will follow the development very carefully :thumbs
  5. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Termo Tecnico industriale
    Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, SimforceGT, 4DOF
    Si e proprio una bella notizia usare 4 motori o 6 e non essere più limitati con una sola k8055 con 2 motori
    Se tutto questo sarà possibile e solo grazie al duro lavoro che svolge @eaorobbie.:thumbs

Volevo precisare una cosa per chi ha intenzione di aquistarla : la k8061 e da assemblare cioè saldare tutti i componenti elettronici... invece la VM140 che è la stessa scheda... ma è già assemblata http://www.velleman.eu/products/view/?id=369162 ;)

It is good news and just use 4 or 6 engines and no longer be limited to a single K8055 with 2 motors

If all this is possible only thanks to the hard work they do eaorobbie. :thumbs

I wanted to clarify one thing for those who want to aquistarla: the K8061 to assemble and weld that is all electronic components ... but the VM140, which is the same card ... but it's already assembled http://www.velleman.eu/products/view/?id=369162 ;)