1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

[wDOCw Project 2dof ] Convert existing static simulator

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by wDOCw, Oct 1, 2014.

1. wDOCw

wDOCw Member

Balance:
    196Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Ok i write not clearly , i have put on a big chip the heatskin , this is the first time operation that i have made , but i built the box for the jrk only in a second moment with an old power supply case a big hole upon and a big 12 cm fun for cooling all, the distance to heatskin is 1,5-2 cm ...
    Last time i try only the fun was off.
    But ok in this days i try to set some u as suggested , ty again:thumbs

image.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That setup should be fine, ive been running setups like that for 3 years.
    The JRK heats up very fast and MUST have fan cooling going or it thermally shuts down.
    If you have ever watched overclocking videos, a CPU at overload locks up in seconds when the heatsink /fan is taken off or the fan is turned off.
    Same thing with the JRK. Fan cool them constantly.
  3. wDOCw

wDOCw Member

Balance:
    196Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi Guys, sorry for latitance but i ever say: tomorrow post a video, tomorrow post a video, tomorrow post a video and the time run.....

ok there is non a god quality video, only show that all work , motor run well, a little slow but he make a good movement whit short excursion, in this video i have used PCARS on SPA with autopilot feature, really i not have make a very fine tuning for pcars, i use Assetto Corsa /Elitedangerous all time and here i have tunig all very fine, expecially AC. but this two not have an autopilot feature XD .

Here a video in function

this is my first motion work and i am satisfacted of result , should be better but in the future maybe......
    he have a little metal noise when in move, but if play at high volume there isn't a problem XD.

HERE all picture of my work

Thanks again for yours best support, expecially @bsft

IMG_1548.JPG IMG_1549.JPG IMG_1550.JPG
    • Like Like x 2
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you still didnt move the balance point.
  5. wDOCw

wDOCw Member

Balance:
    196Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Oh yes, i have an slide seat, i tried many position and select the better.
    From what u can see think i need move forward or back?
  6. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Pivot is not far enough forwards making the seat front heavy.
    Meaning the weight shift will be poor and motor may struggle or actual motion will not be as good as it could be.
    But really mate if you are happy and it feels good, leave it alone and enjoy.

BTW NICE SIM , Top job indeed.
  7. wDOCw

wDOCw Member

Balance:
    196Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Thanks @rob !
    But as well know , find the best tuning is never ending story.....
    I also have many other fix point to slide back the structure seat, i actually use the last hole, can try other solution... I have select this position because i think that if i move back my (ass) later need more power to push up seat, the lever are very distant to pivot and very small angle of the arms...
    http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah65/WowDOCwoW/SIM WORK/IMG_4611_zps0e9a3f84.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  8. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What you need to do is get rid of the rails and balance it properly. Get the top frame off, roll it on a piece of pipe, with you sitting on the frame and set the balance point right. Move the pivot to where it should be and I am going to take a guess it ends up about under your butt hole position under the seat. Dont move the whole structure back and forth as you will find motion is varied from teh motors arms angle being changed. Balance it right.
    balance point.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. prodigy

prodigy Burning revs

Balance:
    6,698Coins
    Ratings:
    +399 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, AC motor, SCN5, JRK
    Nice and clean looking build. :thumbs