1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

wannabees 2dof project blog

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by wannabeaflyer, Sep 11, 2008.

1. christian

christian Member

Balance:
    997Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5, SimforceGT
    :D
    cant find them

gruß
    Christian
  2. Mambo

Mambo New Member

Balance:
    288Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  3. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nice observing eye!!! I missed that!!! :lol:

Yes, this is wrong... In these places you must use simple wire bridges!!!

wannabeaflyer, correct these errors before powering it up, not that it would do damage, but it will not work as supposed!!!! :brows:

Regards, Thanos
  4. Michael N.

Michael N. Member

Balance:
    611Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    ....and wannabeaflyer please check your other PCB (amc 1.5) too. There are 3 wire bridges too. Look at the following picture. ;)

Attached Files:

5. wannabeaflyer

wannabeaflyer Active Member

Balance:
    970Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Hi Guys the components are actually ZERO OHM Resistors just another form of wire link really, had them left over from another project ;D and just to say thanks guys for looking at the pics nice feedback and good to know we help each other out :cheers:
  6. wannabeaflyer

Balance:
    970Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Hi Guys again wiith the tech help :blush: trying to create a RC Servo driven model of the simforcegt simulator and as you can see from the photos i have the rough and ready bits made .. will be cleaned up and rebuilt once i have made sure the seat moves as it would do on the full sized model ... Can anyone advise me on the ratio angle or distances required when fitting the stabilising track rods under the seat.. Should all the balljoint connections form a Equilateral triangle ??? is there a relationship between the Pivot point and the location of the rear central track rod mounting point ?? the reason i ask is that on my model at the moment whne the seat is moved as in Brake and acceleration i belive the trackrod position on my model will restrict the movement ? it seem fine for Side to side movement, so as always have i missed some key design info. Any help guys as all my stuff will be posted here for anyone that cares to use it..i will drive this model through a pololu servor controller and X-sim 2 USO output well thats the plan anyways :cheers:

Attached Files:

7. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Looks good!

It looks like you are planning to use a universal joint, and stabilizers? Did you find a need for the stabilizers? I did quite a bit of research into this, and I was unable to come up with a good reason to use the stabilizers since the u-joint prevents rotation by itself. Is there another reason for stabilizers that I am missing.
  8. wannabeaflyer

Balance:
    970Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    hi Bernard .. on my full sized sim i do have a universal joint fitted and you may have saved me some extra work by pointing out that with the UJ configuration stabilisers may not be required so :cheers: for that tip...on the model i have made i opted for a very basic pivot point nothing fancy and maybe thats why im seeing the slight problem i have observed. have figured a way to allow sliding movent but also restrict the deflection and will update the post tommorow , Just thought i try to find out if there was any magic in setting up the stabiliser links, as i treid to point out us NOOBS can use all the tech and sofware help we can before we too are able to contribute to the X-sim Crew :thbup: either way the information helps someone or better still brings to light the gem of a new idea / way of thinking about solving mech setup problems .. thanks for the tip and keep watching this space :cheers: 8)
  9. MR3LIGION

MR3LIGION New Member

Mech. Engineer
    Balance:
    373Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :thbup: :clap: :adore: :finishline:
    Just want to reach out to all the contributors to your project. Keep up the good work, you are almost there. I am just sitting idle right now and learning as I read along. Sponging all the technical details...etc b4 I jumped on the bandwagon. Due to time constraint with 3 babies in the house, kinda scared that I might not able to finish what I am going to start, my XSIM project.

Godspeed.
  10. wannabeaflyer

Balance:
    970Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    :hi: MR3LIGION to be honest thats how it is for most of us when we start ;D we just try to follow the work someone else has done ( nothing wrong with that ) and hopefully we end up contributing to the whole team ... hoping to get to the point of movement so that i can post the info here for all to see, getting there s l o w l l y but surely
  11. wannabeaflyer

Balance:
    970Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Hi Guys Very happy to post this progress update. basically because of my careless work during the build , i had some issue with the lcd on my AMC Controllerand in frustration i stopped work on that part of the project and sort of slowed down a bit. am happy to say that over the last few days i have got everthing or at least it seems ihave got everything working the way Thanos ment it to be and to say im a happy chappy is an understatement :yippiee: did some X-sim Comms Testing and Electrical testing and thanks to the Video Tutorials form Thanos and Other guys i was able to see my electronics up and running and so far without the dreaded Blue smoke... Have attached some pictures of my test setup and am just really happy that i have gotten this far ... Must say it a nice confidence builder for what will follow.. Ok OK its not pretty at the moment but once i get all elements fully working, then i'll revisit re-wire - lay things out in custom cases ( modified PC Housing maybe similar to something i saw in an X sim Post for another Project) but essentially at long last i can start to get X-sim to work with My Built Hardware ( SimforceGT type Simulator) all done with the help of you guys here at X-Sim so :cheers: :cheers: Guys Got Luck on E-bay and picked up 10 Of these Scooter Motors and a whole 3 big boxes of bits for just £40 so somewhere in all this stuff may also be the next stage of my 2/3 DOF Motion Flight simulator X project.

Attached Files:

12. wannabeaflyer

Balance:
    970Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Just another progress update ..and also seems the more i have the more i clutter it up :lol: workshop space shrinking but project moving on so will have a tidy up soon... try to look beyond the build quality at the moment guys cos this is a test unit.. Have tried its operation manually and movment seems fine ..the motor arms in the picture are 180° out of position show the connection and drive set-uo ... Main frame is made from 18MM MDF and seems very sturdy at the moment but will wait untiol full Game control motion is applied before final re-design..

Attached Files:

13. wannabeaflyer

Balance:
    970Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    :D :yippiee: Happy to report that i now have X-sim Working with Thanos's interfaces both AMC & H-bridge. Guys but you cannot belive the grin on my face when it worked, i just screamed YESSSSSSSSS :yippiee: :clap: Have just done some more setup testing using Thaons's Sample video ( Rumble testing ) and then set uP Live4speed with Virtual Driver and let them drive a fast lap and then watched in awe as the Motion controller/feedback pots and H-bridge worked their magic with X-sim 1.6.9 .. its moments like these that make it all worthwhile ( Can you guess im relieved and happy ) Damm Right LOL:) will do some more testing and try to make a video for posting .. Thanks to one and all for help getting me this far with this project ( Like teh guys for A team used to say ( Gotta love it when a plan comes together ) Big Up thanks to the X-sim team & Members Below in the picture i have used the gearbox out of a small tank with dual motors and seperate output shafts which i bought (Just to get the Motors LOL:)) and have temporarally connected 2 (1K multi turn) potentiometers, The direction and feedback seem to work as they should .. ok ok not very pretty looking, but functional and proves that wireing and connections are ok.. still a lot of work to do ( learning how to transfer profiles to X-sim 2 etc ) but the main thing is progress is being made.

Attached Files:

14. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,840Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hi,

i am very curious to see some movies of your working progress :) I enjoyed it to read your entire thread and watch your pictures, so i hope you´ll keep us posted about your next steps.

best regards
    René

Attached Files:

15. wannabeaflyer

Balance:
    970Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    My Video Camcorder is busted at the moment ( was very hot in eygpt on holiday too damm hot ) and have not had it replaced as yet , but will do something soon :) have alot of projects that i have started and stopped for various reasons but am always modifiying things before compleation ( i think i get my buzz from the making part ) but in the next 2 months i hope to have a bucket load of info and pics for you guys ( Cnc Machine - 2DOF Motion flight sim with Enclosed Cockpit,amd mt Simforce GT type race Seat driven by Wheelchair Motors ) so dont give up on me yet :blush: