1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

VOTE: Where Do You Get Motion Profiles?

Discussion in 'XSimulator Q&A/FAQs - Outdated' started by bvillersjr, Jan 16, 2011.

?

Where Do Your Motion Profiles Come From?

1. I do not make motion profiles, I dowload them from these forums

25 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. I do not make motion profiles, I download them from these forums even thogh they are not an exact ma

9 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. I make motion profiles but I don't share them

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. I make motion profiles but I don't think they are good enough to share

15 vote(s)
    21.7%
  5. I share my motion profiles in these forums

17 vote(s)
    24.6%
  1. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I'm trying to figure out why we have so few motion profiles with so many users. Please take a moment and answer the poll question.

If you find this thread and are looking for motion profiles, look here: motion-profiles-mods-and-troubleshooting-f82.html

Also, I post motion profiles that I create and that other Commander users contribute in batches. I will continue to post them here: post26639.html#p26639 These motion profiles are suitable for 2DOF and 3DOF SCN5 150mm sims, and are easily adapted to 100mm systems.
  2. lyspatriote

lyspatriote Member Gold Contributor

photographer
    Balance:
    - 76Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. Popeyin

Popeyin Member

Truck driver
    Balance:
    108Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don´t know make profiles,but that, i buy the motion seat base and 150mm actuators from Simxperience.
    My big problem is the lenguage.
  4. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Thanks to all those who share their motion profiles. Per the X-Sim license agreement we are all obligated to share our profiles to help keep this community alive and well.
  5. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I really think we should have a continuous voting on the front page, a new vote maybe every week of the most relevant topics or current developments. It would be a great feedback tool, and also very easy for the users.
  6. pitstopp

pitstopp Active Member

Balance:
    634Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5, SimforceGT
    It would be helpfull to have a standard naming of the Profiles!

It´s obvious that not every profile fits to each Sim setup.

My Sugesstion: Game -Car-Track-sim setup(wiper,scn100mm/150mm)-profil versionNr.

This will keep the profil section clearly arranged.

Regards
    Kai
  7. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi Bernard,

I think there are a couple of factors that make X-sim users not to share their profiles ... First, each DIY motion seat base is different and variables like actuator angle, pivot position, driver weight can logically make a profile feeling different from a simulator build to another. Also, It's really hard for me and probably for others to say that a profile is perfect enouph to be shared when we don't even know what exactly is possible to acheive in terms of motion quality with X-sim. Optimal min-max values to use to get the best feeling depending of what effect is used and combined in X games make it also hard for unexperimented users to create and share a profile... I am personally learning each day and updating my profiles every single time I use my simulator by trial and error ... I have created some profiles that I think feels good on my simulator but I am not ready to share them yet. I will share them for sure in a near futur, they still need some attention ... It takes a lot of time to create a good profile and I don't think that sharing profiles just to say that we share our work will help keeping this community alive and well.

To answer your question, the first couple profiles I got at the very beginning when I finished building my simulator were downloaded here thx to you and Ledfoot basically ... I used them as a reference to try to understand how it worked and I am now building my own profiles from scratch.

Bleco
  8. lyspatriote

lyspatriote Member Gold Contributor

photographer
    Balance:
    - 76Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In French
    Ok Blenco, mais j'aimerai savoir ce que les autre membres pensent de mes profiles mais j'ai aucun commentaire, donc a date ca me donne rien de partagé, si j'avai des commentaires du genre ca c'est pas pire c'est c'est de la marde etc ca m'aiderai a avancé , comme ca on en apprenderai mutuellement, Donc envoie nous ce que tu a on va testé et échangé des commentaires

En passant tu vie a MTL moi st-liguori, je serai curieux de testé ton set up, car moi a part du mien j'en ait jamais assayer d'autre ce serai instructif, le mien les pedals et volant bouge également, en tout ca si ca adonne

IN English
    I was saying to Blenco that he shud excange is profile even if those ar not perfect, so we can comment and help him and all of us getting bether
  9. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I don't make them because I don't know how to. Is it same for making on each games.