1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

VFD Parameters

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by F22raptom, Jun 24, 2018.

1. F22raptom

F22raptom Member

Balance:
    271Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 6DOF
    Is there an actual list of what parameters need to be set in VFD settings? I am using SMC3 with the speedy octocoupler for AC motors and simtools.

Searching, I see bits and pieces of settings/parameters which may or may not need to be changed and I know all VFD are different - but they are still similar, as they seem to rip the design off each other.

Just need a complete list of what parameters are applicable and the setting they require.

I got it running (more or less) but when in SMCUtils the initial movement will be the fast and good range of movement I want...and then on the next movement it slows down to a crawl both ways, up and down and because its going so weak its not turning enough to get the range of motion it gets on its first move for some reason.

I have start up freq 50Hz
    Source of runtime freq and command with range: External signal control and 0-10V signal (also tried 5v)
    Acceleration and deceleration time both: 0.1 second
    Max runtime freq with range: 70Hz
    Min runtime freq with range: 1.5Hz
    Motor rating freq: 50Hz
    Torque compensation range: 1 (0 to 4)
    Torque compensation freq: 80Hz
    Startup DC braking voltage: 60V
    Startup DC braking time 0.2 seconds
    Stop DC braking voltage: 50V
    Stop DC braking time: 0.2 seconds
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  2. Guus Franken