1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question verzögerung für einzelne Motoren möglich?

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by Macfly123, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Macfly123

Macfly123 New Member

Balance:
    6Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hello,

is it possible to set a delay for individual motors in SimTools?
    One of my three engines always starts slightly faster than the other two.
    Thanks for your hints.

Greetings, Mac
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,215Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,038 / 16 / -0
    What equipment are you using buddy?
  3. bruce stephen

bruce stephen Hammer doesnt fix it, must be electrical

general contractor
    Balance:
    9,110Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,238 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    @yobuddy i have a similar issue that has happened since 2.2. My rig uses arduino unor3 for four of the six motors. These all have nearly identical reaction times during gaming two of my interfaces are arduino micro clones that use the ch340. Well long story short, the micros are faster than the unos. A new problem has also crept up. The ch340s will not work directly with simtools. I am now running them udp through smc3 utility. Otherwise they just hold position when connected via serial with no movement. The speeds are also different despite similar settings under serial interface. Network interface seems to remedy the issue.
  4. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,215Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,038 / 16 / -0
    Hi @bruce stephen
    Nothing has changed in the serial plugin.
    In fact, the plugin runs them exactly the same way and knows no difference in them at all.

I know people use the ch340's, they just need an additional driver for them to work.
    If they run the same code (clove vs the real thing), we should expect the same output?
    Sounds like a hardware issue to me but maybe an updated driver working differently?

Take care,
    yobuddy
  5. bruce stephen

bruce stephen Hammer doesnt fix it, must be electrical

general contractor
    Balance:
    9,110Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,238 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    win 10 pc and they are also run through different hubs. I assume its something Im doing or have set up wrong. my set up is a mess anyway. o_O
    I cant stop tweaking my rig and such. I break things often