1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Velleman and general questions (Pots, power)

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by jakob, Sep 14, 2009.

1. jakob

jakob New Member

Balance:
    313Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I'm planing a Velleman wiper motor sim and build a Velleman K8055 test board. I've searched around the forums and found that:

[​IMG]

First: Pretty good idea to solder the pots directly to the IC. But wich pots should I use to get the best result? 1K, 5K, 50K or higher?

And second: My idea is to grab a 19 rack case and put a micro ATX mainboard with onboard CPU and all that other controlling stuff like the Velleman and the H-Bridge into it. Can I serve power to all these goodies by one single (but powerful) computer power supply?

700W 12V computer power supply for:
    1. The micro ATX control PC
    2. Velleman board + some relais
    3. H-Bridge + wiper motors

The micro ATX shouldn't need more than 150W, the Velleman just a fist full watts, but I dont know how much power is needed to fire up both wiper motors.

Respectfully,
    Jakob
  2. jakob

jakob New Member

Balance:
    313Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Allright, thank you.
  3. jakob

jakob New Member

Balance:
    313Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I have another short question: Is it possible to drive a 5V motor or servo (for a tacho/gauge) directly with the analog output of the Velleman board?