1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

USO COMMANDS FOR JRK12V HELP

Discussion in 'Force-Profiler Simulator Control' started by jimakosgr2002, Apr 22, 2011.

1. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the video. I can see several wires, but you need to figure out which ones power the motor. Once you have found the ground-earth-negative wire, follow that under the plug. You will need to unscrew the plastic housing where the wires go into. Find the earth wire and cut it , not totally. There will be a point where the earth wire connects to the metal housing of the motor. Then test to see if the metal case of the motor is still active. If it is not, you are on your way. If you cannot find this, put a plastic bracket holding the pot and a plastic connection from the pot shaft to the motor. This will stop any 12 volt feedback through the housing of the pot.
    Thats the only thing you can do. Test it and let us know your result.
  2. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpjfEGKaPpw look this video i open my motor and no cord only metal brackets i see 2 metal under the plastic base that touch the metal i must isolate and take a cord fro there out from the motor?
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for that,
    Yes you can try by making the leads off the internal terminals, trial and error unfortunately.

I did not mean take the whole thing apart, just the cover on the first part of the video which shows the terminals. That you have done. You went and removed the motor internals and show the brushes - too much. Good luck getting the brushes back in. I have done it on two motors and disturbing the brushes has made my motors useless, they go slow.
    Do you have a multimeter, do you know how to test for an open circuit? If you do, turn it to resistance - doesnt matter what resistance and touch the leads together, your meter should show an almost 0 number, then take the leads apart and it should show and infinite number , like 1. Now with no power on anything, use the multimeter probes on the connections in the first part of the video and find out where each one goes, make a note, then apply some power at different points.

I think you really best buy some plastic brackets for the pots to be mounted on and a plastic shaft to connect the pot shaft to the motor shaft. This way there is no chance of 12 volts feeding back through the pot and back into the jrk.
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Check from this list as to what your jrk might be doing

green static and red =
    1) jrk connected to USB
    2) jrk not choosed in jrk config utility or not communicating
    3) motor disconnected or no powered

green flashing and red =
    1)jrk connected to USB
    2)jrk choosed in Jrk config utility or x-sim - jrk communicating
    3) motor disconnected or no powered

green static and yellow flashing =
    1)jrk connected to USB
    2)jrk NOT choosed in Jrk config utility or not communicating
    3)jrk connected to the motor and to battery and waiting command

green flashing and yellow =
    1)jrk connected to USB
    2)jrk choosed in Jrk config utility and communicating
    3)the motor should move if you give the right command in jrk config utility or X-SIM and if the cables are connected right

Then get back to us.
  5. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Heres what I did to isolate the motor earth.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I have found that most motor wire connections earth out the case somewhere under the gear section of the motor, not the case-armature. I have also found that opening the motor case that covers the armature usually disturbs the brushes and buggers the motor. ;P
    With this motor, I cut the wires coming out, then I got a 12volt source (car battery) and some wire and tested where the earth and the fast speed was. Once I established that, I tested to see if the metal case of the motor was still earthed. No it was not. Then I soldered the wires on. Please disregard the color of the wires. I know what should be negative and positive. Besides, I will invert motor direction in the jrk utility if I have to.
    I have done this with 3 other motors with success. I have buggered 3 motors as well by opening the armature case and disturbing the brushes, despite putting it back together correctly.
  6. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    after tested to see if the metal case of the motor was still earthed. No it was not where u solder the wires up on the motor or to the jrk?
  7. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    U HAVE RIGHT TWO MOTORS OFF WHEN THE BLACK GOES OUT THE MOTOR GOES SLOW i have two pairs like yours motor iis toyota if u have a pic what exactly please post it i have here 8 motors i dont know if totally i cant isolate i tuch the costruction and the jrk open so hard for me i try and i try many things when i have the motors to my hand and move the slider all ok when i touch the motor up to the simulator then the jrk utility crash i try to get out from the motor the ground now i have 3 wires + - and ground where to conect the ground iam totaly confiusion...
  8. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I cut the wires on the motor (look at the photo), there are three wires (in my situation). I then got 2 wires from a 12 volt source, in this case a battery and it touched each wire till the motor turned. Once I found the high speed, I soldered one positive wire to that and the negative on the other. It does not matter if you cross the wires. As long as it turns when power is put on it. You can invert the motor direction later if you need to in jrk configuration program.
  9. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    First thing to do, take the motors off the sim frame completely. Get then away from anything else. Then put them on your workbench and get your wire cutters, cut the wires like I have done, get a 12 volt power source and two wires off that, one being positive, and one negative. Touch the bare wires with the 12 volt power and test each wire till you find the high speed of the motor. Once you have hold the positive on the wire you have found to be high speed, then put the 12 volt powered wire negative on the metal case of the motor. If it does not turn - bingo! You have successfully isolated the earth power from the metal case of the motor. If it does turn - bad! get another motor. Then solder the 12 volt positive onto the high speed wire and the negative on the negative wire you found. Do this first and let me know, then we can move onto the next step of connecting them to the jrk. :cheers:
  10. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    plz post what model is your motor becouse i work at toyota and i think is toyota wipermotors i need the model what is write at the black i think 8015.... i dont remember
  11. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I do not know what model the motor is. I just went to my local wrecking yard and asked for a cheap motor and thats what I got.
  12. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    ok i take a multimeter i open the motor i take out the ground isolate it i found the faster speed was hard many hours to found where and how mount it to the frame test and all ok the motor works ok i take the + from the motor with power on and the - from the multimeter and tuch it to the motor to the frame to the potentiometer nothing happends no buzzer after i open the jrk utility and the same problem i set the pid 1 and other default at pid menou same the jrk utulity crash why why to me ...
  13. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    i take out the earth with a wire i must solder it somewhere?
  14. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    the motor have inside 3 litle round the motor the one it was solder to the metal i cut the contact and solder a wire i take it out from the motor that wire not conected somewhere i try to conectid to the black or to the red wire but the multimeter show me earth or the motor goes slowly
  15. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    take a photo or video, and re-read the pdf file from pololu.
  16. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In regards to potentiometer mounting, I noticed that some people connect the shaft of the pot direct to the shaft motor. Only one problem, most single turn pots are a 270 deg rotation, whist a motor is 360 deg rotation. If by some chance you have a feedback disconnect, the motor may spin freely and break the pot. The pot may still work, but it would have issues.
    Some people use a lever type system, so as the pot moves between 90 and 180 deg rotation.
    Heres what I did to connect my pot to the motor.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr2QqH55byc
    I made a lever system and set it up, then with the motor running I moved the pot on the bracket to a point where it moved ok, then I screwed it down.
    Check your potentiometers Jim as you may have trashed them. Perhaps set them up similar to myself. It may save you a headache later if you have a feedback disconnect error. I know it has saved me!
  17. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I see yours is very good i try to connect the potentiometer with other way maybe i will try yours but my problem i think is the electric i disconect all no pots on the motor no pots on the jrk only the usb and (+) and (-) after i give a turn to the motor and i turn all off power pc, motors jrk all shut down i take to my hand the motor and touch it to the metal frame simulator i tuch it in to the central hole and the jrks pcb flash the red lead for 1 or 2 sec after i do the same and again the red if i do it many times is like the electromagnet power from inside the motor end and then stop the red to flash.i think when i give to the motor some electric power and after off is like the motor keep electric power inside and when i tuch to the frame give some and some and when end .i see and something else some times when i have electricity to my body and touch the frame the jrk leds flash .i am alien? hahahaha
  18. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    did you sort out the wiring on the motors? Did you isolate the power? It sounds like you still have the metal case of the motor as the negative power and this is feeding through your frame. You really need to fix this. Take the motors to and auto electrician if you are unsure. With each motor changing direction it will cause a major problem through the motors and may fry them. Not to mention it could kill your jrk's. Otherwise I am unable to assist further. I have suggested what I can. If you READ the pdf manual and even email pololu, they may be able to assist you.
  19. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    i sort out the wiring i am sure that is ok i test it with the polimeter when u say isolate the power what u mean?THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL SUPPORT DOESNT MATER THAT I CANT DO EXCACTLY WHAT U ARE SAY TO ME ...
  20. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you can power the motor without having to use the metal case of the motor as the earth-ground-negative, you have successfully isolated the power. If you use the negative and positive power wires from your power supply and you touch the negative to the metal case of the motor and the positive to the power connection on the motor to drive it, does it work? No? then take the negative wire and put it on the wire that is not the positive wire, does the motor run? yes? then while the wires are powering the motor, get a multimeter and put the positive lead on the positive wire , and the negative lead on the metal case of the motor. Is there a reading of 2 volts or less? yes? Then you have isolated the power on the motor. You may never completely isolate the power, as I have found on some motors, but it is the only way to isolate the power. This will give you less chance of blowing up your jrk boards. Capish?