1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

USO COMMANDS FOR JRK12V HELP

Discussion in 'Force-Profiler Simulator Control' started by jimakosgr2002, Apr 22, 2011.

1. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    i put the dirt 2 plugin.dll and have outsimdirt2 aplication outsim aplication and outnsr aplication i must paste all in the dirt2 folder? and after that ?
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    After that, select dirt2 plugin on the force sender, change the game executables location to the dirt2 exe. Click playgame and quickly click start on the force profiler.
    As long as you have some basic force settings in, the game should run with motion, Its then up to you to fiddle with the figures.
  3. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    new prob with jrk12v when i turn off the power and the usb is conected to the pc and after move the motors with my hand isee the jrk12v the red led start to light something from the move of motor product electricity power to the jrk what i must to do?
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    did you do this?

Connecting power and feedback
    1. Connect your jrk to a PC with a USB cable and launch the configuration utility. The red LED should be
    on.
    2. Select the “Reset to default settings…” option from the File menu to load a safe set of settings.
    3. With your power supply off, make the power connections to VIN and GND.
    4. Connect your feedback sensor to the FB input. If you are using a potentiometer as a feedback sensor, use
    the AUX pin to power it, and enable Detect disconnect with AUX in the Feedback tab.
    5. Set the “No power”, “Motor driver error”, “Feedback disconnect”, and “Max. current exceeded” errors
    on the Error tab to Enabled and latched. This should stop your system in case of any major problem.
    6. Click “Apply settings to device”.
    7. Turn on power.
    8. On the Error tab, click “Clear Errors” to remove the errors caused by turning off the power.
    The red LED should now be off, and the yellow LED should be blinking slowly, indicating that the board has
    power but that no target has been set. If the red LED is on, examine the Errors tab to determine the source of the
    problem. Look at the value of Scaled Feedback displayed at the top of the window, and verify that it changes if
    you manually adjust the feedback sensor.

What are you trying to do?
  5. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    maybe i dont geve u what excactly i see some times when i click learn to feedback with my power of and pust the motor down or up the jrk12v start to flash strange some of red and yelow and after the utulite crash and the jrk off something with the usb i must disconect and conect again and if i disconect the power to jrk and i have the usb cable conected and move the frame of the motor with my hand up or down produce power to the jrk the red led on and its on until i stop the motor with my hand
  6. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Check your wiring to the jrk, check the pot wiring. If the feedback pot wires are mixed up it may give you a problem. I am not sure what is going on. Try a different usb cable and port on your computer.
    I though it was all working? What happened?
  7. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    all working motors feedback jrk i check again and again but when i change the motors and give more power speed to motors and the motor goes faster up and down then the motor produce electric back to the jrk and have many problems motor drive erros and usb prob i think must isolate the motors becouse if i take the one motor to my hand and turn the potentiometer with my hand forward and backward the motor go back and forth but i see that and the other motor have move without to give motion to the other motor how to isolate i looking for instructions to the forum but i cant find something.
  8. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes you would need to isolate the motors as the case of the motor is usually the earth point and you would be feeding 12v back through the pots - bad idea, I learnt the hard way about this. Or failing that, try isolating the pots, put them on a plastic bracket and use plastic swing arms to move them with your motor. This may be less headache than modifying the motors.
    The way to isolate the earth from the case would be to find the earth wire and where it connects to the case of the motor. Do not open the motor housing as you may disturb the brushes and cause more problems. Look at where you connect the power and look for a negative - earth wire. Cut the wire and using a multimeter on ohms, place the leads on the case and the earth wire. If you get no connection, then apply 12volts and check with the multimeter again.
    Do all this with the jrk DISCONNECTED!
    Have fun! :)
  9. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    OH OH !!!i disconect the pots and push the motor with my hand again i see the jrks 12v red lead to open i must do the next that u say and its hard for me becouse i dont know how to do that there is somewhere to the forum some pics and what i must to do ?
  10. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Please take a photo of how you have set the pots up so they are turned by the motors and post it. I cannot see clearly enough in the video. Something does not seem right.
  11. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  12. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Eaorobbie was working on something , but he has dissapeared. I will start to make something up. I am building a frex frame currently and will feature photos of the motor and pot wire up. I suspect jim is stuck on this point of setting up motors and pots especially when it comes to changing the earth case wire up on the motors.
    Give me at least a week to put something together. I am better at word docs than pdf.
    ;D
  13. shannonb1

shannonb1 Well-Known Member

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino, JRK, 4DOF
    Red light usually means you have no power or you have surged and its not accepting the power.
  14. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    i try many things i disconect the usb with no power ok nothing happens after with only the one usb try to set the feedback no power when i move the frame of the motor slowly up or down then the software give me the acces to set the feedback if i move the motor with my hand litle faster to set it the all crash and disconect the usb and try again.when i ste it with the slow way i give power click to move the motor with the slider from the programe then i move the slider slowly again no prob when i move slider faster to one direction and no max the software crash abd i must to disconect and try again but again the same.after many changes i set the one motor and all max accelerationduty cycle all fine after i try to set the other motor and the problems start agiain after that the first motor start again to have problems.the only i see is that when my usb is conected and the power is off try to move the motor up and down and i see the leds from the 2 jrk pcb to flash quikle and after 2-3 sec the jrks close and the leds off my pc drop the usb and the utulity crash.i try to change the potentiometer with plastik nothing oufffff
  15. shannonb1

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    what you using for poweR?
  16. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
  17. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
  18. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    when i have the usb conected the power off and i tuch the cord A or B ON THE MOTOR or to chase the red led from the jrk light on
  19. shannonb1

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    is your motor connected to a frame? you might haev a ground fromy our motor if its touching the frame. really need you to take pics.
  20. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK