1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

USO COMMANDS FOR JRK12V HELP

Discussion in 'Force-Profiler Simulator Control' started by jimakosgr2002, Apr 22, 2011.

1. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    my first video show what i have http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i14uGn__Ax4 THE NEXT VIDEO shoe the 2 jrk defaul with a litle problem with the software but did it defaul settings and what i do to run the motor and u will see that my scaled feedback works with the potentiometer without to push the learn botom my motors goes back and forth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtZfbxgx5pU after that i try to set the feedback i left the potentiometer at a random point there is at 2358 i click learn i do the job and after try to move the motor the motor when i move the slider goes only one direction and turn around with no stop and look the scaled feedback number when i touch the pontesiometer then gous to 4095 and i turn it all to the left and go to 0 and after turn left and go to 4095 only this two option i have i dont know if this is good look the diagram what doing i must do something in the motor?open it and do something?
  2. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK, thanks for posting the videos. Now I can see the problem.
    Firstly,Your pots are NOT being turned by the motors, they are not even connected to them in any way. They are mounted next to the jrk boards.

Look at the following video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdeB29UT ... r_embedded

The pots have to be turned by the motion of the frame and-or motor. Not by your hand. You have to set up the pots so they are operated by lever system to turn them. This way the pololu boards know where the motors are as they are getting a feedback signal from the pots.

Secondly, on the motortab in the jrk utility program, LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!! DO NOT TOUCH!!!! Leave the max and min duty cycle alone.

So you need to set up the pots on a lever operated system first. After that we can go through the process of feedback learning.
    Look at my videos again, at the right hand side of the frame up and near the motor I have mounted a pot with a lever system to the frame. The pot knob turns with the frame up and down. You need to build something like this or as per the video above.
    :cheers:
  4. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    ohhhhhh!!thanks alot and now new problems born my pot is plastic isnd dangerous to broke the pot my moter?and how long must be the frame?
  5. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have used plastic post pots fine. They do not flex as I made a lever system so they turn somewhere between 90 and 180 deg . There is no recommended length of the frame to the pot. Start with this, get a couple of wooden icy pole sticks and work out a lever system and where the the pot can be mounted near the motor. Thats what I did. I moved the frame up and down till I found a good point of leverage. Then I made something more soild up in the leverage set up. I went to a hobby shop and found some lever arms from large radio controlled cars.
    It took a while but I got it. Google leverage if you need to. Look at the videos and you can get an idea of where and how people have placed their feedback pots in relation to the motor position, thats what I did.
    I am a high school drop out , forklift driver with NO formal training. I studied videos and pictures on this forum of people projects. I made small mock ups to get the idea. I made mistakes. I am sure a man of your background and training should get the hang of this.
    :D
  6. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I am panelbeater !!!! i try it too.thanks for all about info and xsimulator site for something crazy to me.YOUR SUPORT to me its importand.I will show you my progress i have somenting in my mind for the pot.
  7. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    i put the pots up on the frame and i do what u do and after start to test the motor and the chip from the jrk warm like hell and stop automatically the usb conection and i shut down the psu what is going on wrong any idea?
  8. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    there was an error seting target
  9. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Read the pdf manual from pololu
    Page 20, set the max current up to around 17amps and try again. There is a chance that the motor is drawing a lot of current and setting off the error. If it keeps doing this , up the current to 18-19amps. Put a small heatsink on the big chip of the board and a fan near it. These boards get hot.
    Page 37,
    Connecting power and feedback
    1. Connect your jrk to a PC with a USB cable and launch the configuration utility. The red LED should be
    on.
    2. Select the “Reset to default settings…” option from the File menu to load a safe set of settings.
    3. With your power supply off, make the power connections to VIN and GND.
    4. Connect your feedback sensor to the FB input. If you are using a potentiometer as a feedback sensor, use
    the AUX pin to power it, and enable Detect disconnect with AUX in the Feedback tab.
    5. Set the “No power”, “Motor driver error”, “Feedback disconnect”, and “Max. current exceeded” errors
    on the Error tab to Enabled and latched. This should stop your system in case of any major problem.
    6. Click “Apply settings to device”.
    7. Turn on power.

8. On the Error tab, click “Clear Errors” to remove the errors caused by turning off the power.
    The red LED should now be off, and the yellow LED should be blinking slowly, indicating that the board has
    power but that no target has been set. If the red LED is on, examine the Errors tab to determine the source of the
    problem. Look at the value of Scaled Feedback displayed at the top of the window, and verify that it changes if
    you manually adjust the feedback sensor.
    Calibrating feedback
    1. Select the correct value for Feedback mode.
    2. Click “Learn…” on the Feedback tab. You will be prompted to turn the output to its minimum and
    maximum positions, so that readings of the feedback sensor can be determined at each extreme.
    3. Examine the resulting values and adjust if desired. Your system will be safer if you set Absolute Max.
    and Absolute Min. to values that the system can actually reach, so that if motion takes it past those extremes,
    the jrk will automatically shut down (because of the “Feedback disconnect” error.)
    4. Click “Apply settings to device”.
    5. Move the system to the middle of its range.
    Setting motor limits
    1. Set Max. duty cycle to a safe value, like 200.
    2. Set Max. current to a safe value, like 500 mA.( and change it up to a higher output if your motor is not turning) You want values that will turn the motor but not give it
    enough power to do any damage if something goes wrong.
    3. Set other limits as necessary.
    4. Click “Apply settings to device”.
    Connecting the motor
    From this point on, be prepared to shut down the system by clicking “Stop motor” or turning off
    your power supply if anything goes wrong and the limits and errors set previously fail to stop the
    motor.

5. Setting up your system

1. Turn off power.
    2. Connect your motor wires to the jrk’s A and B motor outputs. If possible, connect them so that positive
    voltage at A causes the motor to drive forward.
    3. Turn on power.
    Testing the motor
    1. If possible, drive your motor with feedback disabled. To do this, make sure that the Feedback mode is
    set to none and use the controls on the Input tab to apply different duty cycles. Of course, this requires you
    to have a system that does not destroy itself when run without feedback.
    2. On the Error tab, click “Clear Errors” to remove the errors caused by turning off the power.
    3. On the Motor tab, click the “Detect Motor Direction” button. This will apply some power to the motor
    and measure the direction that feedback moves in response. If the motor is connected “reversed” with respect
    to your feedback sensor, then Invert motor direction will be checked.
    4. Click “Apply settings to device” to apply any changes.
    Testing basic feedback
    1. In the PID tab, choose a Proportional Coefficient of 1 and leave the other two constants at zero. This will
    probably drive your motor at its maximum duty cycle, so make sure that this and other motor parameters are
    configured correctly.( you can change the PID to 2/2, 0/3, 1/1 later.)
    2. Click “Apply settings to device”.
    3. Use the slider on the Input tab to send various input values to your jrk, and see how it behaves.
    If you did everything correctly, your feedback system should now be active, approximately following the target
    value.
    Read this, work with the max current setting, we are not using these for battle robots that do not use much power, we are using wiper motors that are trying to shift 80kg +. They are going to draw some current. I have mine set at 19amps. It works fine - so far.
  10. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    4. Connect your feedback sensor to the FB input. If you are using a potentiometer as a feedback sensor, use
    the AUX pin to power it, and enable Detect disconnect with AUX in the Feedback tab.
    i must to do that?and if yes what thats mean?
  11. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Look at the photo, wire up the pot as shown. The potentiometer is you feedback sensor. When it moves with the motor - frame, it generates a signal back to the jrk board to tell it where the motor is so it knows how far it needs to turn your frame.
    Yes enable feedback disconnect in the jrk utility program. This is a backup to protect the system in case the pot fails or moves. I know this from experience.

Attached Files:

12. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    to set the pot on the motor is hard i think very hard i try 2 deferent way but i amnot ok.The pot if dont move doesnt show stable numbers the numbers at the scaled feedback change every sec up and down that is bad e?
  13. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    remember how you were turning the pot by hand when they were on the box with the jrk boards? They were generating feedback.
    Try this, set the pot up on a right angle bracket near the motor, use the nut supplied to hold it steady. Attach a lever on the end of the pot shaft. When you move that lever, the pot shaft moves.
    Now using another lever, find a way of attatching it to the motor arm. So when the motor arm moves, so does the shaft of the pot.
    There is no other way, you have to set the pot shaft to be moved by either the frame itself or the motor arm. If you cannot do this or try to figure out a way, go and buy the simexperience kit http://www.simxperience.com/Products/DI ... fault.aspx and get the motion starter kit.
    No pots to setup, just two actuators and a control box. It will set you back at least $1200, but the simplicity of it may be your answer.
    As you have a couple of jrk boards, advertise them for sale here on the forum. As well as the motors.
    Thats all I can suggest now.
  14. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
  15. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Jim, looks good. Still a bit hard to see from the video.
    To test ,first open the jrk configuration program, connect the boards via the drop down list on the top left. Then set the feedback, apply the settings to device, then by hand and not under power, move the motors by hand up and down. At the same time look at the top right hand corner of the jrk program. There is a graph, and if you can see that line moving, you are on your way. Test this first.
    Make sure you set the errors as required by the jrk pdf manual file, including feedback disconnect should be enabled and latched.
    Once you have done all that, give it some power.
    :happy:
  16. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    do u have any idea why my motor goes only to one direction?is not the pot i try with many difenents pots i change motor and goes back anf forth but i need the other motor!!!
  17. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Jim, you'd better take a video so I can see what is happening.
    Cheers, David.
  18. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    hello again all ok i change motors i find simple motors and all works with r factor with help from eaorobbie now im looking for plugins but i can find i need for dirt2 and nfs shift do u have any plug in?
  19. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    oh i find the dirt 2 but where to put the dirt2plugin
  20. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For Dirt2. put all the files into the Dirt2 folder . Go to start>mycomputer>localdisc>programfiles>codemasters>dirt2 and copy and paste the files into that folder.
    NFS shift requires an injector file setup and does not have a plugin. I am trying to figure it out my self.