1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

USO COMMANDS FOR JRK12V HELP

Discussion in 'Force-Profiler Simulator Control' started by jimakosgr2002, Apr 22, 2011.

1. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Possibly the multiturn is the issue. From what I understand, a single turn pot for something like a motor with an arm and a multiturn pot for a motor with a gearbox driving a chain.
  2. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Possibly becouse i have seen many diy with gearbox and the motor make many turns i hope this is my issue becouse my wife is ready yo take me out of my home with my chair hahahahha.
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My wife has already made me move mine to the garage, only because my 5 year old son was climbing all over it and breaking parts. Needless to say , I went off at him and mum.
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My wife has already made me move mine to the garage, only because my 5 year old son was climbing all over it and breaking parts. Needless to say , I went off at him and mum.
  5. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    ok jim we need a little more info mate.

1. how ya pot connects to ya motor or lever.

Like this - common lever connection.
    or like mine connected by gears.
    [img600px]http://www.x-simulator.de/forum/gallery/image.php?album_id=92&image_id=391[/img600px]
    or connected directly to your frame.

2. Is all your settings working correctly in the jrk config and can you move to sim(motors) to their extents with the slider in the serial folder. If this is no. Doing anything in xsim wont help.

Im on msn but in australia so dont be scared and give us a buzz.
    :thbup:
  6. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    IS LIKE THAT PICTURE how can i post a pic to see exactly ?
  7. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    i can move my motors from the slider back and forth and i move the motors from the force sender test but when push click the stop at xsim my motors stops every time in another position and if i click start then didnt go ferst to midle and after starts but starts there where finaly random stops.I dont know if i control my motors good with jrk utility becouse when i rotate the poentiometer the only numbers i see are 0 and 4095.this happend when i set the feedback i click learn and push the motor with my hand down not all around but half i click ok and after up and ok but i dont know if change something if i do that when the potentiometer are turned all left or right or midle and many other question ouffffffffffffffff iam sorry for my english i hope u understand me.
  8. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    after setting the learn feedback, do you then click apply settings to device?. I can only guess is that because you have not done this, you are getting the 0 - 4095 numbers all the time.
    Also, if the pots are set up via lever to the frame or motor, you should not be able to move them on their own. It should be setup that the pot - motor - frame move together as one.
    So did you put in a one turn pot yet?
  9. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  10. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    i will buy 2new pot today becouse yesterday all the stores close.do u say to buy single pots at 5 or 10k? i must look for something else from the pot?volt or something else becouse i dont know.your videos show me what exactly i do but i see when you move the slider from the jrk utility your motos goes back and forth what exactly move you do at the learn menu.
  11. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    at this stage that i understand whe dont need the pot right?if that slider move the motor exactly the move whe want but when whe need the pots?
  12. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Single turn linear pot rated at 4.7k ohm or 5k ohm.
    This is to get the feedback setup for the motor. When I click learn a message comes up on screen for me to move to the maximum position, in the video, it was already there, I pressed the enter key instead of mouse clicking it. Then the message came up for me to move to the minimum position, this I did on the video, then I pressed the enter key. Then I clicked apply settings to device
    Then I went to the input tab, I ticked automatically set target then I clicked run motor then with the slider I made sure the motor moved. It did.
  13. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The pots are set up to move with the frame so as they give a feedback position for the boards and computer program to know where the motors are at any one time. The jrk utility program is to set up feedback, correct errors and test that everything works. Then once that is done, you can go to the next step in the x-sim profile program.

Look in the second video and you will see the lever system I have on the pot. It turns the pot at the same time as the motor.
  14. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Ah no the jrk needs the pot to be connected so that it can read where the motor is positioned
    and when xsim sends the jrk a position via the USO it knows where the motor is positioned and move the motor with the needed position at the required speed.
    So you see the pot is needed and now know what if does in relation to the jrk
    One thing to remember is that the jrk handles alot of the workings out ie speed and where is the motor ,how much amps to use,etc not like other controllers like tronics,k8055 which requires xsim to handle all of the variables so it is important to get the pololu software working correctly before moving onto usos in xsim
  15. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    when i click learn and do the moves at the motors the pot must be at the midle at the end or start or doesnt mater where the pot is?
  16. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Click learn move the frame to one side, click ok, then move the frame to the other side, click ok, then click apply settings The jrk board needs to know where each side of the frame it will move to. Have a look at the second video , when I click learn, my frame is already at one point, I just move it to the opposite side. The readings then tell x-sim, where the motors will push the frame to.
  17. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Click learn move the frame to one side, click ok, then move the frame to the other side, click ok, then click apply settings The jrk board needs to know where each side of the frame it will move to. Have a look at the second video , when I click learn, my frame is already at one point, I just move it to the opposite side. The readings then tell x-sim, where the motors will push the frame to.
  18. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    i set the sinlge pots 4.7k after all default open the feedback menou and i click learn i move the frame up i click ok after down and click ok and after apply.After pid the first propotional i set it to num1 apply after motor Forward 400 max curent 18A AND APPLY.INPUT automatically set target and i move the slider my motor goes only to one direction and i see up the menou scaled feedback to 0.0 scaled feeback 0 slider no move from moter.4095 slider scaled feedback 0 max speed to one direction.scaled feedback 4095 slider 0 move from moter to other direction.i test something when the potentiometer is set to 0 and click learn the numpers max min and all the tabs is diferents if i rotate the potentiometer to 4095 and click learn what is the right to set the poteniometer midle and after learn?or max potentiometer and learn or min potent and learn. i see your videos and seems very easy but when i do it i cant take resalts.
  19. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    See in the input section on the right hand side, you see the number 4095 and 0, IGNORE THEM!. Also try changing the PID numbers to 2/2 0/3 1/1.You should not need to set the feedback numbers. This is what the learn function does. It finds a maximum and minimum. There is no middle position number that is to be set.
    If you have set the feedback to learn and applied settings to device, and you are still having issues, then take on screen photos (alt-print screen), take a video and please post them as to what you have and what you are doing. I am sorry, but I cannot assist you further unless I can see what you are doing.
    Cheers, David.
  20. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    ok David i will try to take a video with what i have how is conected and i wat i am doing to set jrk i need 3 4 days to do that becouse i have work thanks for all.