1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

USO COMMANDS FOR JRK12V HELP

Discussion in 'Force-Profiler Simulator Control' started by jimakosgr2002, Apr 22, 2011.

1. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    i have 2 jrk12v with 2 wipermotors conected via usb i move the motors with force sender but i dont know the uso parameters
  2. shannonb1

shannonb1 Well-Known Member

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino, JRK, 4DOF
    I would suggest using the search in the future.

uso settings.JPG

remember you need one for axis 1 and one for axis 2 and so on depending on the number of actuators. IN the bottom you will need to change a01 to a02 for the second axis.
  3. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    with that uso when i push the stop my motor dont stop where i want and every time that i click start and after stop my motors stop random.
    i want to give the program the command to start to stop and to come back where the motor it was first without looping over and over maybe is something wrong with my feedback or my pot?
    i am sorry for my english i hope that u understand me and thank u for your answer.
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Check how you have wired the potentiometer for feedback, refer to attached picture. The pot can be a single turn pot. It only needs to move 90-180 degrees in movement. Where have you mounted the potentiometer?
    Have you set up the jrk utility correctly? You need to set the feedback position on the feedback tab . To do this click learn, then follow on screen instructions,as well and click apply settings to device on the bottom right hand corner. Then go to the input tab and on the bottom right is a box you need to tick labelled automatically set target, then click run motor' then use the manually set target slider tab to check if the motor moves back and forth. If your motor can move from one position to another, then you are on track to setting it up.
    The uso settings look ok.
    Try that and let us know.
    Cheers, David.

Attached Files:

5. shannonb1

shannonb1 Well-Known Member

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino, JRK, 4DOF
    yeh this site is broken, third try, you need to set max and min in the jrk utility and apply to card, they hold the settings, then you need to run calibration in the profiler for max, min center.
  6. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    my pot isnt single and is 100k my numper 3 from my pot isnt conected with my jrk card at the 5v regulated outpout i think now is ok
    1 from pot to gnd
    2 from pot to FB
    3 from pot to 5v right?
    i will try the setting at jrk configuration and i will tell
    thanks for all support to me becouse i speed many hours to make the constraction for the simulator and i pay much money for tax here in greece.
  7. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For the pot, 100k is a bit high, but may work. You could also add a resistor soldered across the 1 and 3 terminals, hence reducing the overall ohms. This would take some experimenting on your side though. The suggested is between 4.7k and 10k and single turn. From what I can see, you have the Pot set correctly, just make sure it reads correctly before powering up the 12v.
    As for construction time, I know how it feels. This is my first and I have modified the design several times during the build.
  8. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    after i conect my 3cord from my pot i set the jrk confing i do that u say bsft and my motors work back and forth with manual slider and my pot only i change the
    PID propotionalcoefficient to number 1.iSET MY FEEDBACK with my pot all left and all right is tha corect or i must push down the motor with my hand back and forth and say to the program where is my poin that i must do the movment of my motor?
  9. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    i will buy another pot if my 100k are to much becouse i dont know what registor i must buy i think 10k potand single must be cheap or iam wrong?can i try it with that pot right now or is waste of time?
  10. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    To set feedback, make sure the pot moves with the frame as well as the motor. The pot is there to tell the computer where the motor is, so the pot needs to move with the motor. When it tells you to positon to maximum, push the motor and frame to one point and when it tells you to find the minimum, push the motor and frame to the other way. These settings tell the board where the motor is.
    As for PID, try 2,2 0,3 1,1.
  11. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to confuse you. If the pot is working, LEAVE IT ALONE!!!
  12. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    PID IS 2/2 AFTER 0/3 AND 1/1 BECOUSE DONT UNDERSTAND THE 2,2 0,3 1,1
  13. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    MY POT FOLOW MY MOTOR GOOD back and forth but i cant find the point with my pot to center it and stop is problem ?
  14. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    in the jrk utility, you do not really have a stop point. This is to make sure the motor works, which it does. In the x-sim USO settings is where the motor learns the stop point.
    Find in the device manager as to what comport your device is in. Put that comport in find one free comport and select comport to edit. You will need to do this with both motors.
    Try the rest of the setting I have in the pic. So when you hit start the motors should go to a middle point of stop before they await the force feedback commands in the math setting.
    You can also try datapacket at stop setting of ~255~ instead of ~221~. These settings work for me, you may have to modify the stop number and try the value =(value / setting of 2,1,0.

Attached Files:

15. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    when i rotate my pot i see the scaled feedback go from 0 to 4095 and i cant set another number is that normaly?
  16. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    and when the feedback menou i ste minimum and absolut min to 0 then i see scaled feedback number to go slower and set the number i want is the pot problem becouseis 100k?
  17. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

In the feedback menu, there is a button to click labelled learn, when you click this, the program will ask you to move to maximum position. To do this, just manually push the frame on one motor to one side, click ok, then it will ask you to move to minimum position, and click ok. The click on the bottom right hand side of that page apply settings to device You should then have a different set of numbers in the feedback section. If this changes and sets up a new feedback value, then you are on a start.
    If you find you are having trouble setting it up, then try a single turn pot at 4.7 to 5k ohms. You do say you have a multiturn pot rated at 100k, if so, how many urns does it do. If it is 5, then theroetically it would act like a 20k pot, if it has 10 turns, then theoretcially it would be like a 10k pot.
    Always read the manual pdf file for this product. I had to read it 5-6 times before I got somewhere.
    :)
  18. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    my pot is spectrol 534-1-1 100k 10turns multitern its ok?i click labelled learn i manually push the frame forward to one side 180 i click ok and after minimum position i push it back there i start and click ok apply settings device and automaticaly change the numbers from my feedback ok and after that when i try to move the pot my motor go forward and backward normally but again i see at the upper menou scaled feedback only values 0 when the pot goes forwardwhen goes backward 4095 something wrong? or its normal?I AM SORRY FOR ALL THAT QUESTIONS BUT YOU REALLY HELP ME AND THANK U AGAIN FOR ALL SUPPORT TO ME
  19. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Try a single turn 4.7k to 5k pot. Install that and see if it sets up. A pot like that should not be more than $5 from a local electronics shop.
    Otherwise, I do not know. I have a single turn pot, I read the instructions on the pdf manual for the jrk device. If you have done all that is required by the manual, then perhaps a single turn linear pot may fix it.
    Sorry, I am out of ideas at this point.
  20. jimakosgr2002

jimakosgr2002 Member

PANELBEATER
    Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I think that that is my problem my10turn pot pecouse is much harder to control it.Iwill buy 2 new pots 10k 1 single turn and i will test it becouse i try to send data nad yes my motors move with force sender test and after i try gt2 with a math gear and my motors move with the game back and forth but my motors go around and around back and forth without to stop when must to stop and run many turns maybe that says to u something?