1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Upgrading to 24v Jazzy motors.. any advice?

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Halloween2go, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Halloween2go

Halloween2go Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,407Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    So guys.. I have a whole channel showing both my 3DOF motion rig using the crab pot motors on 12V - also a 2DOF seatmover using small windshield wiper motors.. All of these are on SimTools using the arduino and the IBT-2 motor controllers.. But I decided to upgrade the 2DOF seatmover with BIGGER MOTORS.. yeah these are the easily available 24volt JAZZY wheelchair motors.. I got a 110AC to 24 volt DC inverter (it works - so far) and tested the two 24VDC Jazzy wheelchair motors running at about 2.5 amps.. I posted a video on it on the You Tube channel.. But if you have any advice? Take a look.. I know I need to run my active cooling at 12v. so I will get that done. But.. any serious advice would be helpful.. I am going to work on it on Feb 5th so hopefully get some progress and take your valued advice.. Thanks in advance.. Halloween2go / DMAX motion sim on YT
    • Like Like x 1