1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Download Package Now!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant here. Do not following these rules will lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.

UK/Europe: Help with best Supplier for DD KIT 2018

Discussion in 'Direct Drive Wheels' started by SBDESIGN, Jan 5, 2018.

1. SBDESIGN

SBDESIGN some knowledge

director
    Balance:
    6Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hi guys,

So much to read about direct drive, my head is burnt out.
    Just ordered/received my HE pedal Pro's and they seem pretty good, but need to stiffen rig.

Now time for a Direct Drive.

Some people say accuforce v2 is really good because of software (I use sim vibe, but wish to retire it in favour of the vibe in simtools when I have chance.)

Some people Say osw is better, bigger, stronger etc etc.

My current find suggests this is best:
    https://www.simracingbay.com/product/simucube-based-osw-kit-sincos-with-acrylic-case/
    • Best servo drive model: IoniProHC 25A
    • Powered with Mean Well Industrial grade PSU 480W or 480/720W
    • 130ST-M15015 with SinCos encoder for 2,097,152 cpr resolution
    €1.149,00

I can't seem to find a better deal, but admittedly, I have no idea what I am looking at. Hence the post!
    Any ideas, suggestions, or things I would need to consider before buying this?

MY RIG:
    2 dof scn5 seat mover
    Front is getting rebuilt for DD and my HE pro's (so mounting not an issue)
    3rd actuator for traction loss (been sat there for 7 months doing nothing) - waiting on motion cancellation set up but no time.

OSW RIMS

This is one thing I didn't think if, I have a tx and was hoping at first to use my FXX rim.
    Anyone know where to get a conversion?

And where is the best place for OSW rims/button boxes?

Thanks for any help.
    John