1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tronic's proportional servo motor control with basic stamp

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by tronicgr, Aug 4, 2007.

1. lamealot

lamealot New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Would it be possible to modify the main board to use USB as power supply and serial. Maybe the Silicon Labs CP2102?
    I already have the footprint for CP2102 and mini usb from a previous project so would be happy to add this myself if you are willing to part with the original design file but i doubt you are up for that?

EDIT: ok sorry, 6-9v input so usb not pratical there. Is a Gerber available for the controller version that has the motor extension?

Chris
  2. kcswimrac

kcswimrac New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    so on the board that has all of it on it the echable board is the parallax basic stamp 2 chip the same as the BASIC Stamp 2 Interpreter Chip (DIP) found on there website

thank you for your help, Kcswimrac@comcast.net
  3. kcswimrac

kcswimrac New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what is the heave and yaw axis that is added to the mini bs2

thank you for your help, Kcswimrac@comcast.net
  4. ne02005

ne02005 Member

Balance:
    105Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hello, someone can help me and tell me the differences with the AVR Motion Controller 1.5?

I'm building the AVR Motion, and I saw this post.
    Which is better?
    Why not use the H-bridge from Tronic?
    Thanks
  5. schematicsman

schematicsman New Member

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi,there Tronic I have a problem with the PWM AMC v1.5 PCB original scale printing.My problem is when I print from your PDF of the original size schematics bottom. and compare the parts on the schematics its smaller then the part where its suppose to be placed..basically its not coming out 1:1 ratio and my acrobat reader is on 100%zoom?

Please help me and also would you be able to send me the sprint-layout of the schematics bottom layer of the PWM AMC v1.5 board?
    thankyou
  6. Guppie5220

Guppie5220 New Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Balance:
    405Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello all,
    I am trying to figure out what I need for a picth roll joyrider using two wiper motors.

I need AMC1.5 and the DSMhb1.2b, 2 90 deg. pots, 2 PC UPS or car battery, is that it? Can I get away with making an older version of Thanos AMC since I am only using two motors? All help appreciated....
  7. jaydelachance

jaydelachance New Member

Technician in industry
    Balance:
    301Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi thanos

i want to realise your motion simulator , I've buy all components , i've got some questions.
    I've got education board with BS2 .
    X2 HB-25 parallax
    X2 pot 250K
    X2 whiper motor 12V

This my education board with BS2

[​IMG]

I'm looking for help to cable this part

[​IMG]

IS THIS THE PLAN OF CABLE?

[​IMG]

I've realise this circuit
    [​IMG]

I'm beginner in micro controller ,, do you have some precision on the wiring , or some pics , on your circuits,???

LOT OF THANKS JEROME

jeromejouenard@sfr.fr
  8. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, you need to buy two ADC0831 chips too and make the circuit that is on the drawing you gave... on the input os these chips you will connect the position feedback potentiometers.

Regards, Thanos
  9. jaydelachance

jaydelachance New Member

Technician in industry
    Balance:
    301Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    today new day on simulator project

ok, lot of thks thanos ,,,

Today i received HB-25 controller and max232 circuit.
    I wait now electrical parts to realize the assembly of circuit max 232 .

One question , can i buy classical 250k potentiometers ?( I find them for example).
    http://translate.google.fr/translate?js ... l=fr&tl=en

or http://radiospares-fr.rs-online.com/web ... um=0144787

Or i must only use 90° pots from RC controller (Why ?). Do you know a shop where i can find pots of rc controller or rotary sensor hall effect? I just miss potentiometers to realize project.

Thks master thanos

[​IMG]
  10. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For the potentiometers you have two options:

1. Modify the ADC0831 circuit a little bit to add a offset potentiometer (to limit the top voltage value to say 3V instead of 5V). You can check on ADC0831 datasheet on how you can do that.

2. Buy Hall Effect Ratiometric sensors (SS490 are good ones) and use them with some hard disk magnets to replace the potentiometers:
    http://www.google.gr/url?sa=t&source=we ... EilTxon7YQ
  11. sagar

sagar New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello guys, i m new to building simulators and this is my first one. i was wondering whether the basic stamp 2 board could be replaced with another microcontroller and in particular this one: http://www.robotshop.com/ca/arduino-uno ... oller.html

any help would be greatly appreciated thank you
  12. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    You can replace it with anything, as long as you get a firmware for it. :)
  13. sagar

sagar New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well, the thing is that the basic stamp 2 board he used is not on sale anymore so i had to go look for another one. i found the arduino to be cheapest. One more question, if i do use this one (http://www.robotshop.com/ca/arduino-uno ... oller.html) would i have to make any change to the circuit and if yes, how so?
  14. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    You have to start off with a completely new circuit.
  15. sagar

sagar New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    so i would have to construct a new one eh? darn. any idea how i should start off?