1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tronic's Full motion car racing simulator using x-sim

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by tronicgr, Jul 17, 2007.

1. MrChaos

MrChaos New Member

Balance:
    333Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Thanos

I'm also going to make my self a fullmotion simulator, and I've been looking at different designs, and I think that your design would suite me perfekt, but I got a few questions if you don't mind helping me :)

1. have you reinforced the tubes that you have made the frame out of, in any way ?
    2. what do you recommend is the max load on the frame before it ain't safe anymore ?

About my question on the max load, it's because I would make it a little bit wider so I have room for the drivers side of a real dashboard from a car, and then my own weight on it to :)
  2. kubing

kubing Member

teacher, Industrial electronic programmer
    Balance:
    350Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    god idea bro. cant wait to see final result :D
  3. stowaway

stowaway New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I tried to make this simulator 2 years ago, etching my own board.

I have now decided to re-try it again with a professional etching service.

I cant find a link to tronics webpage? He used to have one with very easy step by step instructions. does it still exist?

So to begin with I should get the AVR Motion Controller v1.5b Layout Board with 2 of the smaller (H-bridges) etched? right.
    that is the latest one at the moment?
  4. stowaway

stowaway New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Also Does anyone know any pro-etching services that have these boards already setup (so its cheaper)

Thanks!
  5. stowaway

stowaway New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Tronic,

These Boards are double sided arent they?
    Are these options important?
    Silk Screening
    Solder Mask

Does anyone want to order some of these PCB's from anywhere together so we pay less in setup fee?
  6. stowaway

stowaway New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    After googling every Pro-Etching PCB Board place on the internet I could find, the cheapest was one I found from this webpage.

I havent received the boards yet, but for 40AUD Delivered to Australia (or 30.90 EUROS) for Tronics board + the bridges its by far the cheapest.

He only speaks german, but as someone else suggested, I have been communicating by using http://www.freetranslation.com/

his email is: info@platinenbelichter.de
  7. stowaway

stowaway New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    (that price ^^ didnt includ the h-bridge.. I was mistaken and ordered 2 LCD boards ;) )

anyway now im looking at using a bought h-bridge.

is there a image of the Wiring for the Polulu Driver in high def?

the one that is on the wiki is too small to see.