1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tronic's DIY dual Mosfet H-bridge (DSMhb)

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by tronicgr, Dec 30, 2007.

1. ouioui

ouioui New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello to all! :hi:
    can we use the hbridge as to what voltage 36v? No changes n is required, such as for example 15V zener
    [​IMG]

after some setbacks and a nice campfire :eek: , I ask questions! Excuse me but the ball nor I know anything about electronics! :blush: thank you
  2. jimiTES

jimiTES New Member

Balance:
    - 45Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Me again...

Can i use 1N5822 diodes, instead 1N5818 diodes?

I´m starting to think my local dealer is laughing at me...

Thanks
  3. andre.cestari

andre.cestari New Member

Balance:
    348Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    People,

I don't understand to much about electronics, but I'm shure I'm able to build the H-bridge and the Controller following the instrucions and pictures available here in X-SIM.
    I'm researching an engine to run a Joyrider with power and speed.
    I have two doubts that I'm shure you guys can help me.
    Whats the engine specs I need to respect to use this H-bridge? It has to be an electric DC engine with brush, 12v (can I use 24v engine without any changes in the bridge?), and a maximum of 30amp. That's it?
    And the second one, I red that to run a Joyrider I need at least 60rpm. Anyone can tell me the ideal rpm to run it at a good performance? (to play racing games) And the torque?

Thanks!

André Cestari
  4. ne02005

ne02005 Member

Balance:
    105Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hey guys!

What voltage is fine for wiper motors?

I´m trying with 12v 18 A from a PC ATX power supply but the wiper motor moves to slow...

I´ve increased the voltange to 24 Volts, with alternate power supply and works fine, but I don´t know is ok...

The H Bridge Output is small from the input voltage?

5. ne02005

ne02005 Member

Balance:
    105Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    hellooooooooooooooooooo?
  6. dutch_anykey

dutch_anykey New Member

Intelligent networks gsm prepaid services and such
    Balance:
    305Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Thanos,

First of all THANK YOU for this H-bridge. And what a great site this is. After hours of googling I finally came across this site. My eyes are square and hurting at this moment. Read this whole thread and the one about the motion controller. I actually need the H-bridge for another projekt.
    The plan is to use this H-bridge together with a hacked Servo (take the A and B output from the internal servo board, and bring it to the H-bridge) I have to use it to control it via DMX software (build a DMX to servo output signal board) But i need to use a WW motor to be controlled as a servo. I will order parts tommorow and start etching the boards upcoming week ;-) I'm Back in the hobby again !!

Funny, i'm hooked to this site already. I made plans for a motion simulator a few years ago already. I think the game was GP2...no or limited output support for telemtrie data. And I (still) lack the abillity of proper programming. This X-simulator is the key. And the video of your motion simulator is just outraging!!! Finally after years have passed I can start this projekt. Lot's of reading to do the coming days ;-)

kind regards,
    Maurice

p.s. I have a friend living in Athens, she used to teach me this riddle about good morning mr camel man.....calimero calimaro....funny, but i forgot hehe)
  7. Shkvarka

Shkvarka New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys!

Please help me, in my city I can buy only IRFZ48R and IRF3205 MOSFETs....
    Can you give me some advice on which(IRFZ48R or IRF3205 ) is better for replace IRFZ44 ?
  8. Senetor

Senetor Member

Balance:
    594Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Tronic, I have just noticed, that when you upgraded the v1.0 H-Bridge to v1.2b, you have reversed the Drain and Source connections of the IRF4905 mosfet and now the drains of the IRF4905 and IRFZ44 are connected together. In the H-Bridge Schematic it shows the Drain of the IRF4905 connected to the Power supply.
    dual_simple_hbridge v1.0.gif
    dual_simple_hbridge_1_2b_photo.gif
    Bridge Schem.png
    When using two different power sources, a car battery for the H-Bridge and a transformer or a plugpack for the AMC1.5, how does the Gnd from the 74HC08 connect to the Gnd of the H-Bridge to complete the circuit of the 74HC08.

Senetor.
  9. Senetor

Senetor Member

Balance:
    594Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Tronicgr,

I think I have found the reason why so many people are having so many problems with the N-Channel Mosfets.
    On the schematic and parts list you have the N-Channel Mosfets listed as IRFZ44, they should be listed as IRLZ44N which are logic level Mosfets, which will turn on fully from the 5v signal from the 74HC08.
    The IRFZ44 Mosfets require 10v to turn on fully, and require a dedicated driver to turn on, and because they cannot turn on fully with the 5v from the 74HC08 get too hot and go up in Smoke. Therefore Logic Level Mosfets must be used to be able to fully turn on.

R-eng used STMSTP80NF55-06 Mosfets and raised the voltage to the 74HC08 to 6v to try to compensate.

I am using the STP80PF55 for the P-Channel and STP80NF55L-06 for the N-Channel which are logic level Mosfets.

IRLZ44N.pdf
    STP80NF55L-06.pdf

Senetor.
  10. ru.null

ru.null Member

Petrol stations tech support
    Balance:
    290Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  11. pathetic

pathetic Member

Balance:
    - 38Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thank you senetor. i ve heating problems too. i will try logic mosfets
  12. willynovi

willynovi Member

Balance:
    354Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I found a schematic from an app note from Unitrode Texas Instruments, U-102. If you want to experiment and try to low the heat in the IRFZ44N try to modify it with this circuit, adding NPN transistor Q3 and Q4 to the N-Channel Mosfets, instead of driving them direct from AND gates (74HC08).
    [​IMG]

regards, Willy
  13. ru.null

ru.null Member

Petrol stations tech support
    Balance:
    290Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank willynovi!
    We have tried alternative circuits of HBridge. I have developed a PCB. But we have problems with control of PWM. Here is a small video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDnngsEmoRo

Proposed version looks good and easy. This circuit is designed Texas Instruments, I think can trust. I'll now have a normally functioning Hbridge by Thanos with IRLZ44 logic level mosfets. After building my simulator, I want to try other HBridges. Maybe I'll try and this.

WBR, Nickolay.
  14. banquer

banquer New Member

Balance:
    370Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone and especially Tronic.
    I'd done the H-bridge and the AMC to adapt to my cockpit.
    But since the AMC works correctly, I'v got one issue with the h-bridge.
    I works correctly with smalls dc motors, but when i attach the wipper motor to test, two mosfets are broken.
    The power supply are 33A and it's start the wipper motor without problems when i attach the wiper motor directly to the power supply.
    Can you help me?
    Any ideas to look at?

This is my cockpit
    [urlguest=]http://picasaweb.google.com/frantoledano/NuevoCockpit#[/urlguest]

And this is the parts of the x-simulator.
    [urlguest=]http://picasaweb.google.com/frantoledano/BanquerXSim#[/urlguest]

King regards from Spain.
  15. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,965 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Did you use the fan and noticed very high temperatures, when you connect the motors?
  16. banquer

banquer New Member

Balance:
    370Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I try it without fan, only to try to start to test.
    Thanks.
  17. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Your problem is too general. There is a whole list of problems that could cause that. Do you blow the transistors all the time? If so which transistors? Do you notice overheating?

Describe your problem better, provide as much information as you can otherwise we are not able to help.

It looks like something is shorted out or not connected properly.
  18. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What power supply do you use? Is it a switching power supply? Did you tried with a common car battery?

Are you mosfets labeled IRFZ44N ???

Regards,
    Thanos
  19. banquer

banquer New Member

Balance:
    370Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    okis.
    Yes, it's are switching power supply, i don´t try with battery car, but the power supply can start the motors instatly when directly connect to it.
    Yes, IRZ44 are the ones I use.
    A lot of overheating are generated and the motors turns his rotation so slowly.
    I'l try to record a video to show that.
    King regards!
  20. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can you post a photo of the mosfets label? Its important!

There is difference between IRFZ44 and IRFZ44N !!!! You need the IRFZ44N ones!!!!!!

The ones without N are not able to fully turn on by the 5v logical system of the h-bridge!

Regards,
    Thanos