1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tronic's AMC motor motion-controller with pwm/servo output

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by tronicgr, Aug 30, 2007.

1. gzezelj

gzezelj Member

Balance:
    - 84Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Abdo!
  2. maxibacsi

maxibacsi New Member

Balance:
    - 25Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all
    Excuse me because of the bad English ,but I am Hungarian.
    My name is Kristian Makai and I would like to ask you.I built up an electronics by thanos, what you planned and works perfectly,but I would love one to build 3 axis simulators and i don't know that this frimware treats 3 motors?If most, how?
    I say thank you for krisztián.
  3. speedy

speedy Well-Known Member

Balance:
    7,918Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,285 / 10 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    hi Kristian :

your English is fine ... and a 2 DOF is really enough ... think about it again ...

for 3 DOF or more with the same FW ... check this thread from the beginning and read more on other threads until you get the hole idea.

have a good day ... 100_Schilder__welcome
  4. speedy

speedy Well-Known Member

Balance:
    7,918Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,285 / 10 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    HI kbssa :
    Forgive me if I ask .. why your simulator/potentiometers aren't following, the numbers on the right side are the same all time .give us a look at the hole hardware ,Don't be shy :blush:
    and I guess that you have to load the FW again and test, then maybe you have a defected crystal or atmega Chinese characters on the second video...
    If the problem still there ... write down the type of the connection serial cable or USB adapter and also try another computer/port .

sorry for being not answered for that long ... but that is good and I call it the golden silence...
    actually I didn't understand your post first time :blush: until that happened to me and solved it . :D
    ask again if there is any help needed .

have a good day....
  5. kbssa

kbssa New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi abdo_tahan

Thanks a lot for replying man !

I have solved my problem, but before I tried all you said, I think that my problem was because I was trying to test my AMC board without the HB board and the atmega was with the pins out floating (without connections).

I don't know if it was really the problem, but I know if I try without the HB board the AMC crash every time.

I have both, serial cable and USB adapter and both work very well.

Now my boards are working perfectly !

About the potentiometers, I was testing without the the motors and HB, the pots were stopped.

Next step is to build the metal structure of my simulator.

golden silence was good !

Thanks again !
  6. maxibacsi

maxibacsi New Member

Balance:
    - 25Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thank you for your answer I hit much useful information on the side.although this pcb is it though than the by Thanos is separately here only the microcontroller programmer .
  7. speedy

speedy Well-Known Member

Balance:
    7,918Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,285 / 10 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I've been surfing the internet and found this useful circuit :

CRYSTAL TESTER
    This circuit will test crystals from 1MHz to 30MHz. When the crystal oscillates, the output will pass through the 1n capacitor to the two diodes. These will charge the 4n7 and turn on the second transistor. This will cause the LED to illuminate.
    XtalTester.gif

I hope it's useful ... :thbup:

copied from this site

http://talkingelectronics.com/projects/200TrCcts/101-200TrCcts.html
  8. xavier123

xavier123 New Member

Balance:
    - 23Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ich suche einen Verdrahtungsplan für das amc und zwei RN-Mini
    anstelle der Dual-Variante. Ich glaube das mal gesehen zu haben,
    finde aber den Plan nicht mehr.
  9. mattsim25

mattsim25 New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have finished my AMC 1.5 and successfully programmed. I start the force sender, then the profiler as in the video. I then loaded the Thanos AMC 1.5firmware into Xsim2 profiler but when I move the math sliders I do not get a response on the LCD. The first 2 values remain at 128. I've noticed a couple people early on have had this problem but I haven't seen a solution that works for me. Attached are pictures of my com settings, uso output settings and board. I've been trying to figure this out for days so any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks,

Matt

Attached Files:

10. gzezelj

gzezelj Member

Balance:
    - 84Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Select comport to edit: should be also set to COM2
  11. mattsim25

mattsim25 New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Changed to Comport 2 but still nothing....
  12. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You are missing the RX/TX cable jumpers...

Also in USB comport settings Serial enumerator and Serial printer must be checked!
  13. mattsim25

mattsim25 New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the quick response! Tried both of your suggestions but still nothing. I should be moving the calibration offset correct? Is there a way to check if my hardware is running correctly? It seems that there is no communication with the AMC. I have another computer with windows 7 32 bit that I'm going to load xsim2 on and try on that. I'll let you know if I have any luck but am open to any other suggestions. I'm so close just want to see some results!!
  14. mattsim25

mattsim25 New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tried my other computer but same results. I'm using xsim version 2.1. AMC 1.5 (updated 13-8-2008). I have dipswitch 1 on and the rest off. I have rx jumper on. (also tried adding the tx jumper). Everything seemed to program fine. There were no errors and the LCD seems to be working fine. when I adjust the pots, the values on the right change. I triple checked the solder connections and everything looks good. :sos:
  15. Hardsteel73

Hardsteel73 Hardsteel73

Self employed
    Balance:
    162Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    In xsim the interfaces tab...at input i see the steering wheel in output i see nothing....i use thanos amc and h bridge.....should i not see something in the output. Also on the lcd the 2 values with 128 stay the same. Pot meters work fine..... :sos:
  16. eloverphx

eloverphx Member

Electrician
    Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Joyrider
    I was having similar troubles and could not get my numbers to move with the sliders either. After reading everyone's posts on here and all the links, I decided to try to remove my axis and then re-add them to the math list. After I did that and re-added the output 1:1 math and set it to the correct sender input from the drop down menu. Finally I clicked on the start button and to my surprise it started working with the sliders and with my steering wheel. I am having trouble hyperterminaling into mine still. but at least the steering wheel information is getting to where it is supposed to go. I figure I can worry about my KP settings when I actually have a simulator built.. Still working on getting all my software/hardware up and running.. Just what to finish getting all of this tested. Now off to test my H-bridge. Also need to test make sure it's receiving the information from games too... So much to do. Good luck..
  17. Hardsteel73

Hardsteel73 Hardsteel73

Self employed
    Balance:
    162Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Still shouldn't there be an output in the interface tab?
    Using the thanos amc and h bridge
  18. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For AMC1.5 you should use USO interface only. It doesn't have plugin for autodetection by the interfaces yet.
  19. Hardsteel73

Hardsteel73 Hardsteel73

Self employed
    Balance:
    162Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    So everything seems to work for me....i can move all numbers on the lcd.
    But when i connect my potmeter to the shaft of the motor and for example i step on the gas the motor moves one way but keeps turning that way....so i give some gas and it goes in onedirection.
    if i brake from center position it goes the otherway too but alos keeps turning....
    I made the Sim like Sato the switch nr 3 should be on, right or should it be off (joyrider)
    Both dont work by the way. I'm sure it is something stupid, but right now i cant see it.
    IMG_20120330_170821.jpg
    IMG_20120330_172807.jpg
  20. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Swap either the two motor power cables or... either swap the Positive - Negative cables of the potentiometer...!